GDT: My Boys Are Back In Town, Swoon Edition - Pens @ Habs 19:00 EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
I was clearing out my bathroom cabinet this morning and found these, must be a good omen, yes? Cushion courtesy of my Mum via Esty

i3e3L3H.jpg

Last time out: Penguins 4 - 2 Las Vegas Thursday 11 October at Paint Pot. A certain Hot Dog responded to talk about maybe not being needed anymore.

giphy.gif

SOeHu7u.gif
SOeHu7u.gif
SOeHu7u.gif

Tonight against the Habs:

Will Murray play? Coach Sullivan on Matt Murray: “He practiced full today with the team. We thought he had a strong practice and we will see how he responds. He is status quo as of now and we will evaluate but he is traveling.”

EDIT - Murray to be the backup

Will Maatta be eating nachos again? If he plays who takes his spot in the Press Box?

Optional skate was held this morning which Crosby, Hotdog, Dumo, Letang, Schultz and Riikola took.

I will update the thread with the line up once known, unless I am drunk pre-match in Ye Olde Orchard pub across from the Bell Center :laugh:

Last edited:

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I will laugh when fans come into the GDT and say "The Pens better want revenge for Montreal's win!" :biglaugh: I doubt this team gives two shits if they get beat in a regular season game like that. It happens. There is no bad blood over it. They'll say the right things but no action.

This will be a fun game because the Pens struggle with very structured teams who also play fast and transition.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
So Murray only missed one game and DeSmith was great in his lone start?

Looks like all that hand-wringing about not adding a vet goalie was well-founded.

I definitely think our goalie situation is better than most make it. The problem is we had the insane luxury of MAF/Murray for 2 years. That type of luxury is so damn rare in the NHL and never lasts long. But in terms of salary cap and how goalies are paid/played, I think we have a great trio of Murray/DeSmith/Jarry. I really like what we have.

Guys like Scott Darling survived the Hawks through a playoff series before. I would hope Murray is healthy but I'm not completely selling it short if he doesn't.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I will laugh when fans come into the GDT and say "The Pens better want revenge for Montreal's win!" :biglaugh: I doubt this team gives two ****s if they get beat in a regular season game like that. It happens. There is no bad blood over it. They'll say the right things but no action.

This will be a fun game because the Pens struggle with very structured teams who also play fast and transition.

It’s not a revenge thing but there should be a thinking of we played like crap so need to be better. Sully is sure to mention that.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Now, which t-shirt do I wear today?

Kessel - in honour of his hat-trick
Malkin - new and never worn to a game, maybe it will gee him up
Sid - help get him a goal
Letang - keep up the good work
Rust - er, how's he doing ?

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I will laugh when fans come into the GDT and say "The Pens better want revenge for Montreal's win!" :biglaugh: I doubt this team gives two ****s if they get beat in a regular season game like that. It happens. There is no bad blood over it. They'll say the right things but no action.

For me, it's not about "revenge". I just want to see the Pens show vast improvements over the previous one because that last Montreal game was an abomination in terms of effort and execution.

Reactions: Andy99

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Unless Maatta’s speed massively improved in the last 2 days he can’t be “better”. His old game is being pushed out of the league.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I don't really like the idea of Maatta coming right back into the line-up after we won and the Riikola pairing was working well. Seems like it accomplished what we wanted but we're going back anyway.

I suppose they're trying to see how much of the pairing's success was The Riikola Factor™.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I don't really like the idea of Maatta coming right back into the line-up after we won and the Riikola pairing was working well. Seems like it accomplished what we wanted but we're going back anyway.

I suppose they're trying to see how much of the pairing's success was The Riikola Factor™.

Yeah, I don’t worry about it because Oct and Nov are the time to try pairs, lines etc out....

Apparently that goes for everyone except Sprong....:)

Reactions: Warm Cookies

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Now, which t-shirt do I wear today?

Kessel - in honour of his hat-trick
Malkin - new and never worn to a game, maybe it will gee him up
Sid - help get him a goal
Letang - keep up the good work
Rust - er, how's he doing ?

Rust has been quiet. I say wear all of them, one over the other, for all the good luck :P

Unless Maatta’s speed massively improved in the last 2 days he can’t be “better”. His old game is being pushed out of the league.

He doesn't need to be faster to avoid making multiple giveaways a game.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Rust has been quiet. I say wear all of them, one over the other, for all the good luck :P

You want me to look like the Michelin man :skeptic: I'm always too hot in the Bell Center as it is,without 6 t-shirts and a jersey on :laugh:

I've gone with Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad