News and Blog Report: My blog on Hockey, travel and other stuff (I like getting constructive feed back)

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
The summer of 2015--we were so happy..

https://www.therinkratdoes.com/home/the-bob-green-screw-up

in just over 2 weeks time what built our current situation was put in place

This is my personal blog/website I have created. Feel free to give me feed back.

But if you are part of the group that does not like me here--ignore it it please

Bob Green has changed his Linkedin job as being "Scout for free agents" interesting wording

This is my take on Bob Green and the Reinhart trade

my site is about Hockey and travel--I am heading to Thailand to teach English(pause for laughter) in September for the month. So I will also be adding stuff about travel, the planning of my trip and me teaching English there

If mods think overall this is not thread worthy feel free to nuke it--it is summer and I am trying to move the conversation away from just ranting

"A Manager is just as good as those who he surrounds himself with"

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
This was a brutal read.

Lots of errors, and not just the grammar ones. Hall wasn’t traded two weeks after the Reinhart trade...

There’s not a lot of substance, just a lot of heresay of a head amateur guy giving his two cents on a player he had in junior.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
This was a brutal read.

Lots of errors, and not just the grammar ones. Hall wasn’t traded two weeks after the Reinhart trade...

There’s not a lot of substance, just a lot of heresay of a head amateur guy giving his two cents on a player he had in junior.

No matter what happened afterwards, it is the first what happened at the draft to July 1st that killed the oilers for many years to come.
3 moves killed the Edmonton Oilers in the Summer of 15 but it was Bob Green's information that started it. Managers build off of decisions they make and Chiarelli took Bob Green's info a ran with it. That was his decision.

I clearly state that it was over a period of time that the 3 moves happened

Reinhart trade--Hall Trade-Lucic signing--

it was about a two week period

and we are still paying to this day

As for hearsay--google Reinharts scouting reports

he was compared to Pronger in many--he went 4th for a reason

also I am not a fan of wix as somethings just jumbled as I post them

Paragraphs are getting merged

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
The Hall Trade and Lucic signing were in 2016 like come on dude, if your gonna try your hand at writing at least be factually correct about the timeline of events in this organization.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
now that is constructive criticism of me getting carried away--I had a brain fart there

see how this works

I post something and you point out what I got wrong

I did that in my original post.

I don’t want to be overly harsh though. I used to write for a couple sites a few years back. I’d also double check for spelling mistakes because if there’s too many, it looks really amateurish.

Blogging is fun though. Especially when you’re not focused on view counts or advertising because that’s what killed it for me.

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
You say Bob Green was the director of amateur scouting when he was and still is the Director of player personnel.

Re- Reinhart and Bob Green its been out there for a long time now that this was Chiarelli’s decsion, Stauffer has said on Oilers now that Chiarelli asked Green about Reinhart and Green told him he hadn’t seen him play that season. This was a Chiarelli decision, at the end of the day.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
added this
I did that in my original post.

I don’t want to be overly harsh though. I used to write for a couple sites a few years back. I’d also double check for spelling mistakes because if there’s too many, it looks really amateurish.

Blogging is fun though. Especially when you’re not focused on view counts or advertising because that’s what killed it for me.

sorry

added this at the top of the blog

EDIT--for those who do not know--this blog is a thought process and project I am doing for no reason at all--it should not be taken serious or professional--I am doing it to learn. I will not edit my mistakes--but learn from them--thank you for those who pointed out a very stupid mistake in the fact Hall got traded a year later in 2016-I will not edit my blog to remind myself not to get carried away and for evidence for future en-devours)

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
added this

sorry

EDIT--for those who do not know--this blog is a thought process and project I am doing for no reason at all--it should not be taken serious or professional--I am doing it to learn. I will not edit my mistakes--but learn from them--thank you for those who pointed out a very stupid mistake in the fact Hall got traded a year later in 2016-I will not edit my blog to remind myself not to get carried away and for evidence for future en-devours)

Quick question.

Why won't you edit any mistakes...

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Quick question.

Why won't you edit any mistakes...

process to show growth of what I do

might not make sense--but a buddy of mine who is a pretty big youtube blogger got into trouble due to his old vlogs on the site(he was a shock vlogger for awhile)

he could have taken them down--but he wanted them as post marks to see where he started, where he is and where is he going

his agent even told him to take them down--he didn't--

HE learned from his mistakes and I will learn from mine

I am from the school if you hide your mistakes you will not learn--you will just get better at hiding them

hopefully you guys will go from looking for my mistakes to critiquing my message in my blogs and soon to be vlogs

in this case here do you get the gist of my message? I accept my mistakes and errors but do you get what I was getting at?

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
It didn’t matter who the GM was. The team had their sights on Reinhardt since the 2012 draft and we’re going to get him at virtually any cost.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Not really seeing the relevance of blog spam posting here. When last checked this kind of thing was discouraged.

well--I have been here for over 20 years and I have earned my bones on this site

you may no know this but I post here on a regular basis

unlike say Larry Fischer who as of late all his posts are just about his blog and nothing else

If I just post links to my blog here--valid point

but I post all across this site on numerous topics not related to my blog--unlike certain other people here

also--I get no money from my site--it should be AD free if there are ads on my site let me know and I will take it up with wix

Also it is summer time and well--for the next few months nothing much will happen

so instead of banding on about the same things-- I thought having the wraith of this board aimed at me could be fun

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
It didn’t matter who the GM was. The team had their sights on Reinhardt since the 2012 draft and we’re going to get him at virtually any cost.

Everytime someone mis-spells Reinhart as Reinhardt, I assume they play Overwatch.

edit to be more on topic - I feel like if you're going to make claims like this:

"Not only had Green not seen Reinhart play since he left the Oil Kings, no oiler scout had seen him play and filed a scouting report about him. If they had, they would have known why he was caught in the numbers game with the Islanders."

You should include some kind of source. Even if it's just "I have heard from numerous people in the industry...". Otherwise it just seems real odd.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Everytime someone mis-spells Reinhart as Reinhardt, I assume they play Overwatch.

edit to be more on topic - I feel like if you're going to make claims like this:

"Not only had Green not seen Reinhart play since he left the Oil Kings, no oiler scout had seen him play and filed a scouting report about him. If they had, they would have known why he was caught in the numbers game with the Islanders."

You should include some kind of source. Even if it's just "I have heard from numerous people in the industry...". Otherwise it just seems real odd.

go to Staples and a few others--since the change they are now talking about stuff like this

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton

Autocorrect did it and it’s been reported numerous times that the Oilers scouting staff were big on Reinhart. Chiarelli went into the 2015 draft with the same scouting staff, amateur and pro that Mac T had. He also had the same management team still working for the team. Chiarelli claimed to have watched Reinhart in Bridgeport and that the deal was his decision but it’s obvious it was more then just him that were in on Reinhart.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
go to Staples and a few others--since the change they are now talking about stuff like this

So give a link to one of them in your blog post. Otherwise, the reader's initial reaction is "yeah OK, sure Mr. Blogger".

Autocorrect did it and it’s been reported numerous times that the Oilers scouting staff were big on Reinhart. Chiarelli went into the 2015 draft with the same scouting staff, amateur and pro that Mac T had. He also had the same management team still working for the team. Chiarelli claimed to have watched Reinhart in Bridgeport and that the deal was his decision but it’s obvious it was more then just him that were in on Reinhart.

I know the Oilers staff were huge on Reinhart - it was constructive criticism for the blog post as OP requested.

Too bad about autocorrect, that's far less fun.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Your good bad and ugly post has the wrong stats about koskinen.

He played in more hockey games that just the mid to high 20’s every year.

Bangers

May 31, 2006
added this

sorry

JTS...

Just my .02 cents but edit anything publicly viewable and keep original drafts as hard copy on your drive if you want to use them as a learning exercise.

From my experience, you'll write better copy (and improve your ability to do so).

edmoil3

Mar 26, 2010
The summer of 2015--we were so happy..

https://www.therinkratdoes.com/home/the-bob-green-screw-up

in just over 2 weeks time what built our current situation was put in place

This is my personal blog/website I have created. Feel free to give me feed back.

But if you are part of the group that does not like me here--ignore it it please

Bob Green has changed his Linkedin job as being "Scout for free agents" interesting wording

This is my take on Bob Green and the Reinhart trade

my site is about Hockey and travel--I am heading to Thailand to teach English(pause for laughter) in September for the month. So I will also be adding stuff about travel, the planning of my trip and me teaching English there

If mods think overall this is not thread worthy feel free to nuke it--it is summer and I am trying to move the conversation away from just ranting

"A Manager is just as good as those who he surrounds himself with"
Can you blog about what it would take for us to move on from the Reinhart and or hall deals?

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
JFC, what are we here, your proof readers?

The first response points out a major factual error, even telling you what it was, & your response to that was about as amateurish as you could possibly get.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad