My 2005 draft top 100

Status
Not open for further replies.

Free Edler

Enjoy retirement, boys.
Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, BC
I can't imagine any NHL team drafting Farmanara at all. 5'10" and had eleven points this season? If someone takes him, I'll gladly eat my hat, but until then, having him on the list doesn't make much sense to me.

C-Saku Koivu MTL

Aug 26, 2004
Montreal
Don't know why poeple are so high on Levasseur? I mean sure he has skills and potential but he isn't even the n1 goalie of Rouyn-Noranda during these current playoff. Atleast Vincent is the n1 for his team. I think Levasseur *could* drop to the second round easily.

turnbuckle*

Based on what I've seen at the under 18 in particular, I'd be suprised if Chris Lawrence is drafted 34 spots ahead of Tom Pyatt - Pyatt has looked very impressive. Given decent linemates this kid will put up some good numbers in the OHL before he's through.

I also think Zubov at 34th is a bit of a stretch. Not only is he just 5-9 165 pounds, but he also showed that he had no interest in paying the price against the Canadians in today's game when the puck went in the corners. He likely just sank about two rounds in the rankings of many scouts based on that cowardly performance.

Quiet Robert

Feb 3, 2005
GagneOwnsYou said:
Wow, that's very low for Shirikov.

I disagree. He doesn't deserve to be in the top 3 rounds. I'd only start to consider him after the 3rd round. He had trouble against Canadian Junior players, I have my doubts as to how a 150 lbs guy will do in the NHL against men. He'd be a good 4th round selection, but personally I wouldn't take him before that. Granted I've only seen him at the 6 Can/Rus Challenges + WJC so I don't know how he's doing in Russia. So going on 9 games (all international tournaments), I would say that any team that picks him in the first 3 is picking him too early. But again, maybe he's shown more in Russia, I can't say.

Also, guys who pass up the draft in their first year of eligibility usually go lower anyways.

Monster: Where do you see Joe Barnes going?I know he opted out last year but I though he would be top 3 round pick. He's a big guy centerman with nice skill. He had a good year for the Blades this year. I guess maybe I would have liked him to put up bigger numbers as a 19 year old, but I still think he's a good player.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Quiet Robert said:
Monster: Where do you see Joe Barnes going?I know he opted out last year but I though he would be top 3 round pick. He's a big guy centerman with nice skill. He had a good year for the Blades this year. I guess maybe I would have liked him to put up bigger numbers as a 19 year old, but I still think he's a good player.

You and I both know that scouts shy away from overagers (which is why Hensick wont be a first rounder for starters). Barnes is good, but he was given a lot of icetime and powerplay time in the toon' this year - no doubt helping his stats. He's not a raw 17 year old showing his stuff - he's older than the rest, which the scouts dont like for whatever reason. As for where he would go - Id say 3rd or 4th round. Hell he might even crack the top 100.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad