97. Matt Kassian
98. Tony Rizzi
99. Troy Ofukany
100. Kevin Baker

Last edited:

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
gretzky99 said:
Who would of thought that you would have Brule second ;)
Curse you -you beat me to it.I read the first two picks and thought-I hope nobody's
posted yet.He must've had a lucid dream last night that brought on this "great
revelation". :D

Nice list Monster .

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Oilers Chick said:
You have Tom Fritsche listed twice (#49 & #66).

Doh! #49 is where I have em'. Insert player X at #66 I guess. :dunno:

King'sPawn said:
What are your thoughts, if any, of Justin Abdelkader?

To be honest, I know jack **** about him.

Habsfan 32 said:
Nice list. Skille at #12 and some other guys (Red Line) have him at #4.

Yeah, Redline seems to be in love with him (Woodlief's on a bit of crack). I just dont think he's better than anyone in my top 10 - it's arguable yes. O'Marra gets the slight nod over Skille at this point. Huge U-18 for O'Marra.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
I agree with him, GB should be the clear cut #2. For those who saw them both this year, does Gilbert still has a stronger shot than Crosby? I used to agree with that, but Crosby improved his shot power tremendously. I couldn't imagine that Brule still has a stronger shot at this point, but we never know.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Philip J. Fry said:
I agree with him, GB should be the clear cut #2. For those who saw them both this year, does Gilbert still has a stronger shot than Crosby? I used to agree with that, but Crosby improved his shot power tremendously. I couldn't imagine that Brule still has a stronger shot at this point, but we never know.

Brule has the strongest slapshot in the draft. Crosby may have a better snapper at this point - I'm not sure.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
monster_bertuzzi said:
Brule has the strongest slapshot in the draft. Crosby may have a better snapper at this point - I'm not sure.

Have you seen Crosby's slap shots at the end of the regular season and those he fired in the playoffs? It was really sick.

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002
He was used at the point in playoff (Powerplay) for his slap-shot.... that means something.

CH Wizard

You'll please nobody with lists but I'm telling ya you made a nice list.

I wonder where's Sasha Pokulok? because I really don't take he last till' the second round.

Lee , Rask are a little bit two low.IMO , Rask will go before Levasseur.Skille will never go after O'Marra with the kind of hype he's receving from Woodlief. :biglaugh:

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
Dylan Yeo is garbage. I'd be surprised if he is drafted.

I'd also be surprised if Yellowhorn or Kris Russell went as high as you are suggesting. I think both are longshots because of their size.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
It's a solid list, and you'll never satisfy anybody, so the real value in the feedback is hearing about the lesser knowns that you weren't entirely sure about...

So, with that in mind, I'll say that Radek Smolenak and Adam McQuaid are both way too low. They should both be in the 30 to 45 range. Smolenak was fantastic for Kingston in the second half, maybe their best player because Anthony Stewart seemed fed up, and he has good potential. McQuaid is underrated and the gap between him and Staal is not that huge.

Good effort though.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Cogliano might be a bit too low for my taste but I guess it's fair considering he plays in the Ontario Junior A and is quite small.

Sudz

Dec 26, 2002
Visit site
Hossa said:
It's a solid list, and you'll never satisfy anybody, so the real value in the feedback is hearing about the lesser knowns that you weren't entirely sure about...

So, with that in mind, I'll say that Radek Smolenak and Adam McQuaid are both way too low. They should both be in the 30 to 45 range. Smolenak was fantastic for Kingston in the second half, maybe their best player because Anthony Stewart seemed fed up, and he has good potential. McQuaid is underrated and the gap between him and Staal is not that huge.

Good effort though.

A lot of Sudbury Wolves fans would tell you he's maybe even better than Staal. Personally I'd say there is no gap between them. Another guy who is right up there with them is Johnathan D'Aversa. A lot of Wolves fans actually like him better than both Staal and McQuaid. Hopefully some team will give him a shot as well.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Yeah, I heard some good things about McQuaid but I wasn't quite sure where to put em'. Almost as good as Staal? Maybe now - but not nearly as muhc potential.

As for Price/Rask/Lavasseur there really isn't much between these 3. Price is slighty the best IMO. You shouldn't be upset with Rask behind Lavasseur - I bet you didn't think Dubnyk would have gone before Schwarz. Like I said, its a toss up at this point between Lavasseur and Rask. Vincent isn't too far behind either.

Sudz

Dec 26, 2002
Visit site
monster_bertuzzi said:
Yeah, I heard some good things about McQuaid but I wasn't quite sure where to put em'. Almost as good as Staal? Maybe now - but not nearly as muhc potential.

As for Price/Rask/Lavasseur there really isn't much between these 3. Price is slighty the best IMO. You shouldn't be upset with Rask behind Lavasseur - I bet you didn't think Dubnyk would have gone before Schwarz. Like I said, its a toss up at this point between Lavasseur and Rask. Vincent isn't too far behind either.

Your right McQuaid probably doesn't have as much potential as Staal. He should be a very solid NHLer though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->