Who is better?

• Total voters

Deuce Awesome

Feb 23, 2010
"Pesce is worth Kapanen and a first"-hurricanes fans
"Pesce is worth Brown and a third" Leafs fans

"Hamilton is damaged goods he's worthless!"-Leafs fans
"We wouldn't trade Hamilton for that soft floater Nylander" Hurricanes fans

As far as the original question: I like Muzzin. He's won a cup recently and is proven. Pesce for me comes in second, nice contract and would be a great addition for any team, Hamilton is a distant third.

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
If Toronto is able to trade Zaitsev I wouldn't mind Toronto taking a run at Pesce

2018-19
Rielly - Mizzin
Gardiner - Pesce
Dermott - Hainsey
2019-20
Rielly - Muzzin
Dermott - Pesce
Rosen - Liljegren
2020-21
Rielly - Pesce
Dermott - Liljegren
Sandin - Rosen

By acquiring Pesce Toronto defence will be solidified for at least 5yrs all with young kids growing into their positions. The only wrench in all of this is that f***ing expansion draft

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Pesce ($4.025 mil x 5.5)
Hamilton ($5.75 mil x 2.5)
Muzzin (4 mil x 1.5)

The Leafs got Muzzin for that type of price because of his contract term. It's an important driver of player value.

If you're looking at who the better player is, it's a different conversation.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Cane mutiny

Ahoy_Aho
Sep 5, 2006
Once and for all...Pesce is a big part of CAR 's future. He's a low cost, solid defenseman that's locked up long term, and is not for sale at this time except for a VAST overpayment. The very reason you like him so much, is the same reason that he's so important to the Canes. MOVE ON! This is getting monotonous. You have your new guy, enjoy him.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Hamilton is better than Pesce. But Pesce gells better with Slavin while Hamilton and Slavin were discombobulated. Haven't seen Muzzin so no comment. But Hamilton is the kind of guy to carry a pairing while Pesce and Muzzin are more complimentary (though I base that re Muzzin on him riding shotgun to doughty).

Last edited:

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Which is the exact conversation that OP is asking about.

You changed it to value/contracts.

The OP did not specify what this conversation is about.

"Plain and simple, How would you rank these 3 guys"

There's been a decent amount of bragging over the past 36 hours about how the Leafs were able to acquire a Top 4 defenseman for a package of expendables. There's a big reason for that.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Smells like a post Cane/Leaf fan argument thread where Leaf fans find a way to say the guy they got is better than anything they would’ve gotten from the Canes and they paid less than they would’ve for any of the Canes guys so haha.

I think all three are in a similar category when you don’t consider contracts and age. Do what you will when you consider those two aspects and the fact the Leafs could’ve used a righty more than a lefty. They’ll adapt but it isn’t ideal.

I wouldn’t take Muzzin over the Canes guys but I’m sure Leaf fans will now do so in abundance.

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
Want to specify that this thread is about who you think is the best players of these 3 right now. Not anything to do with contract or how you project them in the future.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Like people didn't even know his name like 3 months ago lol. This is what happens when a player goes from West to East.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Personally it's tied between Hamilton and Muzzin for me. Pesce is super close though. All three seem to bring a specific need. But when's the Muzzin for Norris threads starting?

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Pesce
Hamilton
Muzzin

Pesce and Hamilton are opposite players lol. Pesce is great defensively and decent offensively, where as Hamilton is great offensively and decent defensively. Basically a 'pick your poison" type scenario.

I really like Muzzin, but I don't think he's as good as either in total impact - which isn't bad because i see both Hamilton and Pesce as top-30ish defenseman in the NHL.

Reactions: Jets

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
In Friedman’s 31 thoughts he said neither Pesce nor Petro could’ve been gotten without a good forward from the roster going back. Muzzin is the only one of these three that could’ve been had for the peices used.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad