Proposal: Muzzin to Chicago

mikee

Jul 6, 2016
Sikura is an interesting prospect but he has virtually no trade value do to the fact he is a senior in college. If he doesn't like where he goes he can bolt to free agency in the summer. And the fact that the Hawks minor league affiliate just signed his brother I think it is a very good chance he signs with the Hawks, just like Hayden did last year, but if traded, all bets are off.

Can't imagine the Kings deal Muzzin without getting a 1st rounder back, especially when dealing with a team that figures to be in the bottom half.

It would probably take a 1st, Forsling and maybe another of Chicago's top D prospects, maybe Snuggerud. Maybe more than that.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Why in the world would Muzzin be available for that? The condition is ridiculous as well, even without the condition the price is still a bit low

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Probably starts with Ryan Hartman there skippy, also don't see why Chicago would trade Hjarmalsson just to trade for a similar (and imo worse) player in Muzzin

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
That's a Doughty level package. A top 6 F on on an elc is basically a future first liner at worst, star player realistically. A first liner + star forward on ELC for a #3 D? Nah fam.
First off Muzzin is a number 2 defense man depending on team. Next Doughty is worth more then the package i asked for as he is a elite defense man top 5 at worse in nhl. 3rd thing i also said it was a over payment needed

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
I have serious reservations Muzzin is a top pairing defenseman away from the Kings system and would not want to pay the price LAK would expect for their top pairing dman

Defensemen that get passed over in the draft typically make it to the NHL in a system that they can flourish in, but badly struggle to adapt to different systems

a handful of years back, Dan Girardi was also a shiny undrafted dman that broke through in the NHL as a top pair shutdown dman thanks to a system that highlighted his strengths (shot blocking, playing the body) and hid his weaknesses (skating, passing, any offensive instincts whatsoever)

In today's evolving NHL of speed and pace, I have a hard time seeing Muzzin going away from a heavy LAK system and being a top pair dman and continue to play at a high enough level defensively in team built on speed

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Hahahahahahahahahaha.

Ha.

So, a nobody and a run of the mill prospect for Muzzin? There’s very little chance that Chicago is reaching the finals even with him, so we can pretty much discount the 2nd. I didn’t realize that steady top-4 blueliners were on sale. C’mon, Lou!

Bracing myself for the inevitable Chicago fan claiming that Forsling is anything special. And no, I’m not taking shots at you guys; I think you’re a model fan base, it’s just that you’re so big, you have a similarly greater number of crazies.

Bad proposal.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Would love Muzzin but this would never happen. Also considering that Doughty wants to keep winning or he leaves the team (if he actually means that is another issue) this would certainly do LA no favors if they intend to try and convince him their window is still open in order to make him re-sign with them.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
That's a Doughty level package. A top 6 F on on an elc is basically a future first liner at worst, star player realistically. A first liner + star forward on ELC for a #3 D? Nah fam.

Not if your goal is to actually acquire him, it isn't.

Reactions: Syckle78

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad