Value of: Muzzin to Boston

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Fair enough -Bs are just loaded with D prospects so there may not be a deal here unless Heinen would be a large chunk of it.
I get it. I'd be worried Heinen wouldn't come close to replicating his production here. Hes a nice piece but not really what the Kings would be looking for.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
I don’t think you guys are ready to give up the assets it would take for Muzzin. It would require a Donato or Debrusk +
Not a BOS fan but would not move Debrusk for Muzzin I like Muzzin signedto. Good contract but would not do the fan

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Seeing that Larsson fetched Hall I'd expect at least Debrusk in return.

Obviously not going to get an elite LW like the Devils did but we'd need something of good value in return.

Reactions: go4hockey

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I get it. I'd be worried Heinen wouldn't come close to replicating his production here. Hes a nice piece but not really what the Kings would be looking for.

I'm curious why? Its not like he was playing with Marchand and Bergeron or on a run and gun team. He played with Riley Nash and whats left of David Backes for a low-event defensive minded Boston team. He played average QoC and had harder than average relative zone starts.

I don't see where there is a warning sign here.

Just don't quite understand why a guy putting up Toffoli numbers as a 22 year old rookie isn't even a starter, but the guy who played with Krejci and put up fewer points (DeBrusk) or the 22 year old with only 12 games pro games (Donato) under their belt are the must have guys. Power of Pierre I guess!

Anyway, I thought that the Kings were looking to aggressively fill their roster with multiple good pieces around their current core, not looking for a 1 for 1 kind of thing, so I guess I am barking up the wrong tree.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
I'm curious why? Its not like he was playing with Marchand and Bergeron or on a run and gun team. He played with Riley Nash and whats left of David Backes for a low-event defensive minded Boston team. He played average QoC and had harder than average relative zone starts.

I don't see where there is a warning sign here.

Just don't quite understand why a guy putting up Toffoli numbers as a 22 year old rookie isn't even a starter, but the guy who played with Krejci and put up fewer points (DeBrusk) or the 22 year old with only 12 games pro games (Donato) under their belt are the must have guys. Power of Pierre I guess!

Anyway, I thought that the Kings were looking to aggressively fill their roster with multiple good pieces around their current core, not looking for a 1 for 1 kind of thing, so I guess I am barking up the wrong tree.

Heinen has no wow factor and he was basically invisible in the playoffs. Debrusk thrived in the playoffs (Im getting a left shooting Justin Williams type of vibe from him) and donato wowed in those handful of games with a couple elite skills. Heinen is basically a lesser loui eriksson. He’s probably good for 45-55 points. He might jump into the 60s once or twice. But where will he be come may and June? Players like him can be washed out if keyed on. He’s a fine complimentary piece, and where he plays on the bruins is a perfect fit for his skill set, but I see no top end skills from him. Not year in and year out anyway. I value debrusk and donato higher because they have louder skills. Heinens skills are all well rounded and he’s a sound player, but not exciting. Not gamebreaking. You’ll look up and he’ll have 2 assists and you won’t remember either of the passes he made to earn them.

Do you disagree? That’s why I hate package trades on this site. No one ever wants quantity for quality, ever. Stick to one for ones. Heinen for forbort. Easy to comprehend. Easy to assess. They want a scorer but don’t want to break the bank. We want a partner for mcavoy and forbort is the partner for doughty (kind of like mcavoys exact skill set match). Forbort would probably work with him. Maybe he’s not a true #2, but when people say he’s more of a 4 that plays on the top pair. That’s like me when I say krugs like a 5 or 6 who plays on the 2nd pair. He’s punching above his weight class a little but it slots Krug where he’s supposed to be, which has value

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
If your looking for a LHD, it will most likely be Martinez on the move. Muzzin is too important to LA's defense to move especially if Doughty isn't signed yet

Krug for Martinez. LA gets more offense from the backend, boston gets more minutes /defense

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Heinen has no wow factor and he was basically invisible in the playoffs. Debrusk thrived in the playoffs (Im getting a left shooting Justin Williams type of vibe from him) and donato wowed in those handful of games with a couple elite skills. Heinen is basically a lesser loui eriksson. He’s probably good for 45-55 points. He might jump into the 60s once or twice. But where will he be come may and June? Players like him can be washed out if keyed on. He’s a fine complimentary piece, and where he plays on the bruins is a perfect fit for his skill set, but I see no top end skills from him. Not year in and year out anyway. I value debrusk and donato higher because they have louder skills. Heinens skills are all well rounded and he’s a sound player, but not exciting. Not gamebreaking. You’ll look up and he’ll have 2 assists and you won’t remember either of the passes he made to earn them.

Do you disagree? That’s why I hate package trades on this site. No one ever wants quantity for quality, ever. Stick to one for ones. Heinen for forbort. Easy to comprehend. Easy to assess. They want a scorer but don’t want to break the bank. We want a partner for mcavoy and forbort is the partner for doughty (kind of like mcavoys exact skill set match). Forbort would probably work with him. Maybe he’s not a true #2, but when people say he’s more of a 4 that plays on the top pair. That’s like me when I say krugs like a 5 or 6 who plays on the 2nd pair. He’s punching above his weight class a little but it slots Krug where he’s supposed to be, which has value

Bergeron has no “wow” factor. I don’t disagree that he is going to be a 50ish point guy with some 60 point seasons. I probably assume more 60 point seasons than you, but that’s not the important part. Those glue guys that make those around them better have value. Way more than “guy who looks good playing with elite #1D” Forbort. I don’t want a left handed Kevan Miller. It feels like you have identified Heinen and Krug as the teams most movable assets of value (you might not be wrong, but that isn’t the point) but you are looking for any deal. Bad deals. This time next year it will be “we really need to move Forbort now that Vaak is ready”. Some kind of bizzaro EA Sports where you lose deals by a little bit each time until you have nothing. If the team is going to go get a #2D it can’t be a fake one. There is no point. The teams bigger issue than lack of help for Chara defensively from the left side was no middle 6 scoring. Moving a guy who put up points on all 4 lines last season but mostly with Riley Nash and David Backes isn’t helping that issue. If you move Heinen or Heinen plus it better actually help the D. Krug had a tough playoffs defensively. Heinen wasn’t great either. Although how much was that being Riley and Backes skating in cement against two fast teams? Heinen was a better player than DeBrusk most of the season. DeBrusk found a playoff gear at least against Toronto (albeit via a stupid and unsustainable shooting percentage), Heinen didn’t. Heinen looked like a joke in 16-17 playing NHL games, thinking he can’t make a similar adjustment next season is ridiculous. Always with the recency bias.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Bergeron has no “wow” factor. I don’t disagree that he is going to be a 50ish point guy with some 60 point seasons. I probably assume more 60 point seasons than you, but that’s not the important part. Those glue guys that make those around them better have value. Way more than “guy who looks good playing with elite #1D” Forbort. I don’t want a left handed Kevan Miller. It feels like you have identified Heinen and Krug as the teams most movable assets of value (you might not be wrong, but that isn’t the point) but you are looking for any deal. Bad deals. This time next year it will be “we really need to move Forbort now that Vaak is ready”. Some kind of bizzaro EA Sports where you lose deals by a little bit each time until you have nothing. If the team is going to go get a #2D it can’t be a fake one. There is no point. The teams bigger issue than lack of help for Chara defensively from the left side was no middle 6 scoring. Moving a guy who put up points on all 4 lines last season but mostly with Riley Nash and David Backes isn’t helping that issue. If you move Heinen or Heinen plus it better actually help the D. Krug had a tough playoffs defensively. Heinen wasn’t great either. Although how much was that being Riley and Backes skating in cement against two fast teams? Heinen was a better player than DeBrusk most of the season. DeBrusk found a playoff gear at least against Toronto (albeit via a stupid and unsustainable shooting percentage), Heinen didn’t. Heinen looked like a joke in 16-17 playing NHL games, thinking he can’t make a similar adjustment next season is ridiculous. Always with the recency bias.

Debrusk had more splash plays throughout the season. What if Krug bjork and heinen went for Brodin and coyle. Minnesota gets a better powerplay qb, Boston gets a number 3 dman to ease charas workload. Then 2 left shot players for coyle who can fill either 2rw or 3c depending on the day. Coyle doesn’t score as many points as heinen but I think he’s the type of guy who impacts the game when he isn’t scoring and is a good fit for krejci. Heinen kind of isn’t doing anything if he isn’t scoring. Nothing bad, but nothing impactful either. If not bjork some other small piece (I view bjork as having limited value)

kevind122684

Mar 23, 2018
Kings have enough young defense man they don't need another one especially left handed so with that said take Zborni out and add Jake DeBrusk instead and you have this king fans approval So Muzzin for DeBrusk Heinen and Cehlarik
your not getting Debrusk

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Debrusk had more splash plays throughout the season. What if Krug bjork and heinen went for Brodin and coyle. Minnesota gets a better powerplay qb, Boston gets a number 3 dman to ease charas workload. Then 2 left shot players for coyle who can fill either 2rw or 3c depending on the day. Coyle doesn’t score as many points as heinen but I think he’s the type of guy who impacts the game when he isn’t scoring and is a good fit for krejci. Heinen kind of isn’t doing anything if he isn’t scoring. Nothing bad, but nothing impactful either. If not bjork some other small piece (I view bjork as having limited value)

Brodin would be fine. Actual top 3D. He can also slide over to his offside if the Bruins young LD take off before Chara leaves. Don’t know if Krug is the best for for a team with Dumba (role) and Spurgeon (size). Nor do I think they need more left shot forwards. You are certainly underrating Heinen’s possession game if you think he isn’t adding anything when he isn’t scoring.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Brodin would be fine. Actual top 3D. He can also slide over to his offside if the Bruins young LD take off before Chara leaves. Don’t know if Krug is the best for for a team with Dumba (role) and Spurgeon (size). Nor do I think they need more left shot forwards. You are certainly underrating Heinen’s possession game if you think he isn’t adding anything when he isn’t scoring.

So he’s adding the ability to not get scored on as often. Boring

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
:laugh: Kings fans think Muzzin is worth DeBrusk
Im not a Kings fan and I think he is. He is a fantastic defenseman under contract for two more years at a bargain rate. If LA trades Muzzin theu are getting premium value for him. Everybody wants to try to do their.high end shopping in the walmart clearance rack.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
Really just think the Bruins are going to stay the course with this team and hope another Debrusk comes from the youngins. We need another defensive LHD but with Zboril/Lauzon/Vak in the system I just don't see the Bruins making a big move for one.

2nd line RW and basically the entire bottom six is up for competition and theres PLENTY of options coming along to make it a big competition..which is fantastic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad