Value of: Muzzin to Boston

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
LA needs young forwards. Bruins have Heinen, Bjork, Donato, Senyshyn, Cehlarik, JFK, Frederic. Bruins also have near but not quite ready LD like Zboril and Lauzon.

Bruins need a partner for McAvoy that can bump Chara down in the lineup at 192 years old. Ideally, Boston doesn’t have to move Krug to make this upgrade.

Match here?

Heinen + Zboril + Cehlarik (Cehlarik will be the least familiar name, but I think he could sneaky fit well with Kopitar)? Skip Zboril and add another forward?

Last edited:

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Not bad, there is a fit.

Muzzin has value so I think two of those guys is enough.

member 88115

I would also pass. We don’t need any more young dmen and would require a better young forward if it’s for a winger

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Kings have enough young defense man they don't need another one especially left handed so with that said take Zborni out and add Jake DeBrusk instead and you have this king fans approval So Muzzin for DeBrusk Heinen and Cehlarik

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
then make a counter offer We don't need defense or goalie so replace Zaborni with a forward with top 6 potential

Ok, so here are the forward prospects of interest. You tell me what the Kings need.

So coming into the season, here is the Bruins prospect list as voted by the fans. (http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/hf-bruins-top-25-prospects-list.2387875/)

Here is the end of season from the Hockey News: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/bruins-top-10-prospects-furture-watch-2018-edition.2463381/.

Hockey News had Boston as their #4 prospect pool (Post McAvoy, DeBrusk and Heinen graduating mind you). So don't just look at the first couple names. This is a deep and even prospect pool, but not one with a super star name at the top. You should be looking for the guys that match what the Kings are trying to do, not just getting the guy with the highest ranking because the different between 1 and 10 isn't huge. For instance, coming into the season, Donato was 11th to Bruins fans and he would likely be #1 today.

Heinen already graduated so he won't be on the Hockey News list, but I am going to go over 1, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 8 from the Hockey News list as well.

Heinen (22, W, shoots L) Heinen plays a Loui Eriksson game everywhere but around the crease (Loui was better around the goal mouth). 47 in 77 playing on shutdown 3rd line. Very very responsible defensively. Very smart player and good smart possession guy. One of those guys you appreciate more the more you watch him. Struggled in the playoffs when the intensity ramped up. Also really struggled in his NHL stint the season before, so the hope is that he learns and adjusts like he did making the jump this season. Not super fast or super big. Good shot, but not one that pops out. He doesn't release it fast, but he releases it with a lot of deception. I suspect he makes for an excellent "glue guy" with some more offensive minded players that somehow finds himself with 60+ points and you aren't sure how if you watch casually.

(1 - Forsbacka-Karlsson, 21, C, shoots R) JFK is a two-way play making C. Around Boston we kind of think of him as a Bergeron/Krejci hybrid. Not as amazing as Bergeron in center ice and in his one zone (although VERY strong) but a more creative play making in the offensive zone. He didn't put up the points people were hoping for this past season in the AHL, but showed off that two way game at an advanced level. Will be challenging for #3C in Boston next season.

(3 - Donato, 22, C/W, shoots L) Hard to see the Bruins moving Donato given his close ties to the GM and the organization. Unclear if organization sees him as a C or W, but he will be in Boston next year somewhere. Shifty creative shooter. Will score goals in the NHL. Crafty forechecker hunting the puck from d-men, but like many young guys needs a lot of work on the boards and in defensive coverage.

(4 - Bjork, 21, W, shoots L) Coming into the season, Bjork was the Bruins top non McAvoy prospect. Plus plus skater and two way acumen. Bjork was playing at a 45 point pace in the top 6 as EASILY Boston's best forward skater before he got a concussion, came back, and then broke his arm. I still think he is the best of this great, but out of sight out of mind. They wanted him next to Marchand and Bergeron last year, and I suspect thats where he will be next year. Can pay on either wing, and given that Boston has far too many left shots in the system, he probably is at RW for a while.

(5 - Frederic, 20, C, shoots L) Frederic is probably not for sale because of positional needs. Bruins lack size in their prospect pool and he brings it. A guy you hope turns into Eric Staal, but he might be more of a Jordan. Big and responsible. Team USA has used him as their shutdown C for years now, but the Bruins think there is more offensive potential in the NHL game for him. Also fighting for #3C job next season.

(6 - Senyshyn, 21, RW, shoots R). Zach is fast fast fast and has good size. In the OHL he basically just overpowered guys on the outside because he could and the rest of his game was very underdeveloped. Bruins played him on the 3rd and 4th line with no PP time in the AHL this season to teach him that side of the game. His stat line looks disappointing, but he learned a lot. Next year he will get top line minutes in the AHL and likely some looks on the Pro team. Big year for him next year in trying to figure out if he can be a Krieder or a Paille. Because he is so risky, I doubt we can agree on his value in a trade.

(8 - Cehlarik, 22, W, shoots L). Big strong wide puck protector. He was supposed to be in the top 9 mix in Boston this year, but got hurt and never made his way back in the lineup. As I said in the OP, I think he could really fit with Kopitar's game. Just a good skilled cycle kind of guy. He is an "OK" skater for a 6'3" guy and that is where the concern in his game would lie.

It doesn't take a genius to see that a team with Marchand and DeBrusk already secure in top 6 roles has more left handed wingers than it can handle above. Heinen, Cehlarik, Donato and Bjork have all spent time on their offing. Heck, Cehlarik and Bjork have played on their offwing more than not. One of Heinen or Bjork is in the deal for sure, though. Cehlarik just seems like a guy who is good but passed over in Boston because he got unlucky with the timing of his injury. JFK is a high value guy I can see Boston being willing to move if they view Donato as a center.

So what do the Kings need?

member 88115

Who would be more available from DeBrusk and Donato?

LA needs speed, goals and creativity. We don't need defensive players who go to the net. We have plenty of those. I think Donato is exactly what we need.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
I think if LA moves Muzzin for a forward, it needs to be someone a bit proven, not just a lot of good prospects.

Muffin is good dman at a good cap hit. Its hard to come up with a price as there are exceptions like the Hall/ Laarson trade that skew things. I'd be after a 20 goal+ forward, under 25 (without a load of warts or baggage) either locked in to a good contract or on an elc + a first as starter and go from there. If thats too rich, it's not worth dealing him, I'd move Phaneuf instead for less.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
I value Muzzin straight up for a guy like Kadri. So if you have someone similar or prospects that would be about equal to getting Kadri, value wise, then sure.

Reactions: go4hockey

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
I can see a trade happening. Being as its only 2 years left on Muzzin's deal if LA ate even 1m of it they couldnt probably get a great return.

member 88115

How about we skip muzzin and say heinen for forbort + 3rd
The value is fair, but LA looking for more higher end type of forward. Forbort has the least value out of him, Muzzin and Martinez. I feel LA should trade the highest value D (Muzzin) for a decent futures return. And address our needs through the draft or good young players.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
Decent, but too many uncertainties. All players could turn into next to nothing with the Kings, even Heinen.

How does Heinen have the potential to turn into next to nothing when hes already something? 47 points in his first professional seasons is a good sign.

Debrusk is off the table and I'd imagine Donato is as well. We have a plethora of top four D prospects so if we can't use one of them in this transaction I don't see how it works.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
How does Heinen have the potential to turn into next to nothing when hes already something? 47 points in his first professional seasons is a good sign.

Debrusk is off the table and I'd imagine Donato is as well. We have a plethora of top four D prospects so if we can't use one of them in this transaction I don't see how it works.

That would have been already good enough for 4th best on the LA Kings this season.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles

Kings dont need more d. If they decide to trade Muzzin it's because they're trading from a strength to address a weakness, goal scoring wingers who are on their elc or prospects right on the cusp of being full time NHL'ers.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
Kings dont need more d. If they decide to trade Muzzin it's because they're trading from a strength to address a weakness, goal scoring wingers who are on their elc or prospects right on the cusp of being full time NHL'ers.

Fair enough -Bs are just loaded with D prospects so there may not be a deal here unless Heinen would be a large chunk of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad