Injury Report: Muzzin injured || Out for the CLB series

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
You see those cheapshot crosschecks happen numerous times a game. Must have really caught him in the wrong spot for him to not only be down, but stretchered off.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
I'd bet he just strained/pinched his neck.

Looks like it snapped back at an awkward angle and when it's anything to do with the neck or head, the medical staff were being very cautious. I have a feeling he'll be back Thursday.

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
If he has to leave the bubble I think he has to test negatively for 4 days before he can return to action. Even if he's not hurt, he could be missing games from this. What a damn shame.

Reactions: GardinerTheForward

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
think i overheard Muzzin say "cut it off and lets keep playing". The medical guy "muzzin its your neck though".

Hope he is ok! He is a warrior.

Absolutely
Spezza taps a shin in a 2-0 game and gets a penalty. Ensuing PP, 6'4 PLD crosschecks an unsuspecting Muzzin in the back.....putting him on a stretcher. No call... refs ruined an otherwise great game.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
If you go super slow-mo, it looks like PLD's stick catches Muzz on the side of the head as he's going down, causing his head to snap back and hit the leg with force. How that was not a penalty is truly astonishing.
Because you said it yourself. You have to look at it in slo mo. No way you'd catch that with how fast everything is happening

Reactions: BayStBullies

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
In case anyone missed it, he was confirmed moving his limbs and talking before being put on the stretcher.

Reactions: Rob Brown

Alkalinesky

Feb 13, 2019
Because you said it yourself. You have to look at it in slo mo. No way you'd catch that with how fast everything is happening
Oh for sure, I meant the initial cross-check being a penalty. I was trying to figure out the mechanics of exactly how he fell so awkwardly.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
If you go super slow-mo, it looks like PLD's stick catches Muzz on the side of the head as he's going down, causing his head to snap back and hit the leg with force. How that was not a penalty is truly astonishing.
That whole officiating sequence in the last few minutes of the game was complete disgrace.

Leafs games always get the clown show officiating.

m1ker

Apr 11, 2014
I know NHL isn’t releasing injury updates because Covid but in a situation where we are genuinely worried about the player, I wonder if they’ll give us an update

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
that's the first thing I thought, not serious, but if you've ever had one you'd know how scary the idea of being paralyzed is...............
I had run in a rugby match and I was so freaked out. Esp since literally 2 yrs ago, one of guys at my rugby club got smashed and needed surgery on his neck. The trainer came in and just ask can I feel my finger, toes...It was scary.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I’m hoping it’s just a precaution they took him off on the stretcher. He seemed very calm so maybe they wanted to just take the extra care. Was a bit of a whiplash action when he hit Bjorkstrand in the butt but that Dubois cross check probably left a bruise too. Hopefully it’s nothing and I’ll definitely be refreshing to hear the good news that it wasn’t serious.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Could be a stinger. Football players get it a lot. Maybe felt some pain from a squished disc. I hope he's alright.

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
If he has to leave the bubble I think he has to test negatively for 4 days before he can return to action. Even if he's not hurt, he could be missing games from this. What a damn shame.
I don’t know what the protocols are, but I’ve seen Scheifele in the stands and back in the bubble, and I would imagine he got medical attention Saturday? I have no idea what the protocols are.

Reactions: leafsgirl12

ChiTownLeafer

From Toronto to Chicago
Dec 26, 2011
Chicago, IL
I'd be disappointed if NHL didn't at least give PLD a fine. Not disappointed by the precedent they have set but disappointed because they would really be neglecting the 'player safety' portion. That's a reckless act. Not dirty but definitely reckless to cross check someone in the numbers right into the boards.

lovemyleafs

Jan 23, 2017
Gonna need Muzzin. Hope he's alright. Loved his energy on the ice tonight.

I think this might be the first time I've seen this type of injury in the NHL [i.e. neck strain]
I've seen it a couple times in the NBA. Players usually miss at least a month.

That's a similar incident where the neck snaps back.

Morlu

Nov 4, 2011
Muzzin is at the Hospital. Hopefully, the tests are negative. I’m guessing he has to quarantine though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad