Proposal: Mutually Agreed Upon TOR Trades

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I'd rather move Nylander for Manson

I think Kapanen at 3 - 4 million will be a better value

DaJackal

Aug 3, 2015
Eastern front
The Ducks one seems like overpayment from Toronto. But I don't know how good Manson actually is, because I haven't seen much Ducks games this season.

Nevertheless, considering age and contract situation, Kapanen >> Silf. Kapanen fits the Leafs playing style very well and can play anywhere in the lineup. The guy has killer wheels and speed is the name of the game nowadays.

The Gudas one seems fine - if Toronto wants Gudas. I don't like him, but he might fill a need.

Troy

Nov 28, 2017
Dont see the Islanders taking that overflated Zaitsev contract, plus toews has been great for the Islanders. The Gudas trades ok. Ducks say no, Manson is a top pairing defenseman, plus Silverberg. You have to add quality to the ducks trade. Plus if Islanders wanted Gardiner. They can do it during the off season

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
To TOR

To TOR
Josh Ho-Sang
Devon Toews

To NYI
Nikita Zaitsev
Jake Gardiner
2019 4th (STL)

Isles love the poised Toews. He has made an immediate impact in their top 4.
Not moving him or 22 yr old JHS for an impending ufa+ a cap dump.

Reactions: Snowman

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
From an Isles perspective I don’t see Toews going anywhere. Leddy might be a possibility to get traded, but maybe during off season. As far as Ho Sang is concerned, I don’t think 91 would be very happy to see his old teammate in the locker room again.

Can you add a reason other then mysteriously hint at bad blood?
And I am not talking fan gut or opinion

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I would assume that Gards would have verbally agreed to some extension with NY for the trade to be done, and I mean they’re not really using Ho-Sang. Gardiner will provide a good 40-50pts over a season and might become better defensively under a more defensive coach like Trots

I imagine something could be worked out with Uncle Lou pretty easily

Yeah,just like Lou's attempts to get Tavares &EK signed to extensions worked put pretty easily.
Shop Gardiner and your cap dump elsewhere

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Gudas deal is fine. Ducks deal is awful. Kapanen or Liljegren plus the first for Manson is fine. We're not giving up the other one for a Silfverberg rental, that's just insane. Even if Liljegren/Kapanen+1st for Manson isn't enough, the pluses would be smaller stuff.

I can't imagine the Islanders want to give up Toews for a UFA and a cap dump. The Leafs also cannot trade away LITERALLY THEIR ENTIRE 2ND PAIR.

Brown deal is fine, but I'd rather just get a 2nd rounder straight up from a contender. This deal doesn't happen until the draft, we're keeping all our depth for the playoff run.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
To TOR
Radko Gudas
2019 7th (PHI)

To PHI
2020 2nd (TOR)
2019 3rd (TOR)
2020 6th (TOR)

Eh, sure.

Josh Manson
Jakob Silfverberg
2020 3rd (ANA)

To ANA
2019 1st
Kasperi Kapanen
Timothy Liljegren
2019 7th (PHI)

I only see ANA doing this if they sure they can't extend Silf, I'd almost rather just remove Silf and the Leafs 1st altogether and do Kappy + Liljegren + pick for Manson.

Josh Ho-Sang
Devon Toews

To NYI
Nikita Zaitsev
Jake Gardiner
2019 4th (STL)

Pass and from both sides I imagine. I don't want Ho-Sang and where does he fit anyways? They also seem quite happy with Toews.

Doubtful the Isles want an unextended Jake, and no one except maybe Arizona would take Zaitsev at 4.5.

Connor Brown

To TOR
2019 3rd (ARI)
2019 4th (ARI)

Done.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Gudas deal is fine. Ducks deal is awful. Kapanen or Liljegren plus the first for Manson is fine. We're not giving up the other one for a Silfverberg rental, that's just insane. Even if Liljegren/Kapanen+1st for Manson isn't enough, the pluses would be smaller stuff.

I can't imagine the Islanders want to give up Toews for a UFA and a cap dump. The Leafs also cannot trade away LITERALLY THEIR ENTIRE 2ND PAIR.

Brown deal is fine, but I'd rather just get a 2nd rounder straight up from a contender. This deal doesn't happen until the draft, we're keeping all our depth for the playoff run.
Pretty simple, manson is a top pairing dmen signed to a great deal. If that is too much from leaf perspective then hes not available to you guys. Not like were actively trying to get rid of manson or his contract is coming up.

Honestly id feel comfortable asking for Kapanen + 1st + liljergren for manson. If you don't like it, im fine keeping manson, hes great.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Pretty simple, manson is a top pairing dmen signed to a great deal. If that is too much from leaf perspective then hes not available to you guys. Not like were actively trying to get rid of manson or his contract is coming up.

Honestly id feel comfortable asking for Kapanen + 1st + liljergren for manson. If you don't like it, im fine keeping manson, hes great.

That's fine with me, nothing wrong with wanting to keep your players. I don't think the Ducks are headed for a decade of darkness, they just need a new coach and an injection of forward talent, which a top pick and the graduation of Steel+Terry should help with. For my own Leafs, I believe that Kap/Liljegren + 1st and minor pieces is a very competitive package and the Ducks aren't the only team with good RHD's. If you don't think it's enough for Manson, that's fine with us, Kapanen is also great and someone else might bite.

Reactions: Getz2perry

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
That's fine with me, nothing wrong with wanting to keep your players. I don't think the Ducks are headed for a decade of darkness, they just need a new coach and an injection of forward talent, which a top pick and the graduation of Steel+Terry should help with. For my own Leafs, I believe that Kap/Liljegren + 1st and minor pieces is a very competitive package and the Ducks aren't the only team with good RHD's. If you don't think it's enough for Manson, that's fine with us, Kapanen is also great and someone else might bite.
Im not too worried bout Anaheim(other than RC/BM). As for the leafs, I agree and this year might not be the right year to go all in for a cup(granted after this year you have Matthews/marner/kapanen resigning) so cap will get tigther. But honestly tampa is just too good right now, and boston is really built to beat a team like Toronto(and I could see them going hard for stone/silf at some point)

Deuce Awesome

Feb 23, 2010
Had an agreement with a Flyers fan of Kapanen+1st for Gudas, Simmonds and 2nd. I like that one for us.

He Is Knocking

Jul 1, 2015
To the O.P.Keep dreaming on Gudas, put down the pipe, there's no way you get that performance and that contract for 1.5 years for your fire sale type payment. It's ridiculous.

Last edited:

He Is Knocking

Jul 1, 2015
Had an agreement with a Flyers fan of Kapanen+1st for Gudas, Simmonds and 2nd. I like that one for us.
the pick would have to be lower than a second because those exchanged picks should be close although different rounds but at least you keep me on the phone

mk21

Sep 20, 2015
Can you add a reason other then mysteriously hint at bad blood?
And I am not talking fan gut or opinion
I don’t have any “inside info” as far as what exactly happened. But I have heard from 2 totally unrelated sources that as a captain JT did not appreciate some of JHS actions and lack of commitment . And after he was sent down last year he was never a candidate to come back up, and one of the reasons was not to upset the pending UFA Captain.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I don’t have any “inside info” as far as what exactly happened. But I have heard from 2 totally unrelated sources that as a captain JT did not appreciate some of JHS actions and lack of commitment . And after he was sent down last year he was never a candidate to come back up, and one of the reasons was not to upset the pending UFA Captain.

Judging by Ladd & Lee's comments about Tavares comments/ commitment , this is both ironic and kind of amusing.

Either way,no big deal. Isles imo would not move top youngsters for a soon to be ufa + cap dump .

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
To TOR
Radko Gudas
2019 7th (PHI)

To PHI
2020 2nd (TOR)
2019 3rd (TOR)
2020 6th (TOR)

To TOR
Josh Manson
Jakob Silfverberg
2020 3rd (ANA)

To ANA
2019 1st
Kasperi Kapanen
Timothy Liljegren
2019 7th (PHI)

*WARNING*
these ones aren't mutually agreed upon but I thought i might throw it in. these trades are also just ways to deal with needing the cap space and are't really important. we can keep jake and not do the NYI trade as long as we find some way to get rid of Zaitsevs contract. With the ARI trade I just kinda guessed the Value of a Top 9F who can play Top 6.

To TOR
Josh Ho-Sang
Devon Toews

To NYI
Nikita Zaitsev
Jake Gardiner
2019 4th (STL)

To ARI
Connor Brown

To TOR
2019 3rd (ARI)
2019 4th (ARI)

TORONTO AFTER TRADES

Line-Up

Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Johnsson - Matthews - Nylander
Marleau - Kadri - Silfverberg
Ennis - Gauthier - Ho-Sang
Lindholm

Reilly - Manson
Dermott - Gudas
Toews - Ozhiganov
Marincin - Hainsey

Andersen
Hutchinson/Sparks

Toronto Picks (2019 & 2020)

2nd (TOR)
3rd (ARI)
4th (ARI) (TOR)
5th (TOR)
7th (TOR) (DAL)

1st (TOR)
3rd (ANA)
4th (TOR)
7th (EDM) (SJS) (TOR)

Cap Hit: $72,186,111

Let me know what I can work on here.
:laugh: The Manson deal, Not even remotely enough for Anaheim.

mk21

Sep 20, 2015
Judging by Ladd & Lee's comments about Tavares comments/ commitment , this is both ironic and kind of amusing.

Either way,no big deal. Isles imo would not move top youngsters for a soon to be ufa + cap dump .
I agree. I was just stating why it wouldn’t work on either side.

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
Could throw Kassian+4th for Brown to the list of agreed upon deals. I’ve thrown it out a few times and both sides seem fine with it.

I don't think the Leafs do that. Value is fine but the team loves Brown so the only reason he would be traded would be to save the ~$1 million in cap space by replacing him with an ELC/near league min. player. So it would most likely be for a pick or prospect, not a roster player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad