Jakob Silfverberg
2020 3rd (ANA)

To ANA
2019 1st
Kasperi Kapanen
Timothy Liljegren
2019 7th (PHI)

*WARNING*
these ones aren't mutually agreed upon but I thought i might throw it in. these trades are also just ways to deal with needing the cap space and are't really important. we can keep jake and not do the NYI trade as long as we find some way to get rid of Zaitsevs contract. With the ARI trade I just kinda guessed the Value of a Top 9F who can play Top 6.

To TOR
Josh Ho-Sang
Devon Toews

To NYI
Nikita Zaitsev
Jake Gardiner
2019 4th (STL)

To ARI
Connor Brown

To TOR
2019 3rd (ARI)
2019 4th (ARI)

TORONTO AFTER TRADES

Line-Up

Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Johnsson - Matthews - Nylander
Marleau - Kadri - Silfverberg
Ennis - Gauthier - Ho-Sang
Lindholm

Reilly - Manson
Dermott - Gudas
Toews - Ozhiganov
Marincin - Hainsey

Andersen
Hutchinson/Sparks

Toronto Picks (2019 & 2020)

2nd (TOR)
3rd (ARI)
4th (ARI) (TOR)
5th (TOR)
7th (TOR) (DAL)

1st (TOR)
3rd (ANA)
4th (TOR)
7th (EDM) (SJS) (TOR)

Cap Hit: $72,186,111

Let me know what I can work on here.

mitchthemitch

Jan 10, 2019
Toronto
The only way the islanders would accept that trade is if Gardiner is extended. And I don't know if that would be enough to grab Manson

LucicAndChong

formerly known as Big Sugar
Jan 22, 2018
Ontario, Canada
he was the one who signed Zaitsev to that deal so it definitely is possible. But even then would letting go of Toews and Ho-sang, two younger guys, be worth it for a rental
I would assume that Gards would have verbally agreed to some extension with NY for the trade to be done, and I mean they’re not really using Ho-Sang. Gardiner will provide a good 40-50pts over a season and might become better defensively under a more defensive coach like Trots

mitchthemitch

Jan 10, 2019
Toronto
That's a heavy price to pay for Josh Manson. Ouch. Gudas too.

Are you war gaming this as if Chiarelli were GM'ing the Leafs?
How is it too much for Manson? He's a legit top pairing defenseman, can play both ends of the ice. For our third best RW, a pick around 25-30, and a top 4 D prospect. It's a good deal for Toronto. We also have Sandin and Rosen down in the A, so losing Liligren may not be as bad as it seems

LucicAndChong

formerly known as Big Sugar
Jan 22, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Why would the Ducks or Isles do that.
Ducks get a young fast RW who has a lot of skill, just needs to learn how to finish better, should be a 50/60+ point player in the NHL, a Blue Chip RD Prospect and a 20-31st pick, which can be combined with the ducks 1st to move up in the draft. (If the ducks get the 7th/8th pick, they can add the leafs and maybe move into the top 4) and for NY, Lou could probably work out a mutually beneficial contract for him, providing them with a LD that can reliably put up 40/50PTS, and who might play better when learning from a more defensive minded coach. They’re not really using Ho-Sang and I think he’s a Toronto boy and an interesting project, but if he doesn’t succeed, he can on the Marlies.

mk21

Sep 20, 2015
From an Isles perspective I don’t see Toews going anywhere. Leddy might be a possibility to get traded, but maybe during off season. As far as Ho Sang is concerned, I don’t think 91 would be very happy to see his old teammate in the locker room again.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Ducks get a young fast RW who has a lot of skill, just needs to learn how to finish better, should be a 50/60+ point player in the NHL, a Blue Chip RD Prospect and a 20-31st pick, which can be combined with the ducks 1st to move up in the draft. (If the ducks get the 7th/8th pick, they can add the leafs and maybe move into the top 4) and for NY, Lou could probably work out a mutually beneficial contract for him, providing them with a LD that can reliably put up 40/50PTS, and who might play better when learning from a more defensive minded coach. They’re not really using Ho-Sang and I think he’s a Toronto boy and an interesting project, but if he doesn’t succeed, he can on the Marlies.

Manson isn't leaving for that and Gardiner could be had for free in the off-season.

Reactions: Troy and go4hockey

elmaco

Registered Hockey Fan
Feb 1, 2017
Silfverberg = Kapanen
Manson >>>>>>>>>>> Liljegren
Leafs need to add more than a 1st.

Reactions: Snowman

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Doubt the isles would make that move. Their defense has been pretty decent as of late. No need to much that up by shuffling cards even if it is widely viewed as an upgrade.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
To TOR
Radko Gudas
2019 7th (PHI)

To PHI
2020 2nd (TOR)
2019 3rd (TOR)
2020 6th (TOR)

To TOR
Josh Manson
Jakob Silfverberg
2020 3rd (ANA)

To ANA
2019 1st
Kasperi Kapanen
Timothy Liljegren
2019 7th (PHI)

*WARNING*
these ones aren't mutually agreed upon but I thought i might throw it in. these trades are also just ways to deal with needing the cap space and are't really important. we can keep jake and not do the NYI trade as long as we find some way to get rid of Zaitsevs contract. With the ARI trade I just kinda guessed the Value of a Top 9F who can play Top 6.

To TOR
Josh Ho-Sang
Devon Toews

To NYI
Nikita Zaitsev
Jake Gardiner
2019 4th (STL)

To ARI
Connor Brown

To TOR
2019 3rd (ARI)
2019 4th (ARI)