Post-Game Talk: Musik

3 Stars

• Total voters

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
This is bullshit, at least when it comes to Zibanejad. He’s a soft spoken guy but he very clearly cares. He looks like he wants to cry after every loss. I’ve never gotten selfish player vibes from him even a little bit.
Agreed. And he appears to be a responsible defensive player.

I fully expect Gallant to stick with Laf and Kakko on the top line for about 10 mins and then when they don’t rack up 5 goals, it’ll be back Kreider and Jimbo on that line
"Gotta go with what works. Let the kids ruminate on their 5 minutes with our top player, that will help them learn. Next month they might get another 5 minutes."

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Shesterkin is now 17th in Goals Saved Above Expected. With a 4.5.

Last year he was first and no one was even close to him.

This is where the lack of confidence from the whole team started and snowballed.

And halak isn’t even on the planet. Hovering around 53rd

The goaltending needs to be there for this thing to turn around. The leads need to be held. We’re easily 6-8 pts better if we hold some leads alone. People think I expect another 940 season from shesterkin. I don’t. But what were getting now is garbage

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Agreed. And he appears to be a responsible defensive player.

"Gotta go with what works. Let the kids ruminate on their 5 minutes with our top player, that will help them learn. Next month they might get another 5 minutes."
We need a head blown emoji.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I said it a few weeks ago every time chytil gets going he gets hurt. It’ll hurt his paycheck

Laf and Kakko need to be in the top 6 short term and long term so they need to just cut the shit and leave them there.

I hate to even suggest it but maybe we should be looking at moving on from him if this is how his career appears to be going. I like him, he just needs to be healthy, it would suck to end up with 2 sammy blais

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Lines

Lafreniere-Zibanejad-Kakko
Panarin-Chytil-Kravtsov
Kreider-Trocheck-Vesey
Blais-Goodrow-Gauthier

That's it. Maybe Tro/Chytil and Vesey/Gauthier are interchangeable, Chytil was strong as 3C at the start of the season and gave depth, with Kreider there and Gauthier that's one big fast line.

Lafreniére - Zibenijad - Kakko
Panarin - Trochek - Kravtsov
Kreider - Chytil - Gauthier
Blais - Goody - Vesey

From a talent perspective this is about how the players slot in.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016

This is where the lack of confidence from the whole team started and snowballed.

The goaltending needs to be there for this thing to turn around. The leads need to be held. We’re easily 6-8 pts better if we hold some leads alone. People think I expect another 940 season from shesterkin. I don’t. But what were getting now is garbage
I honestly think he needs a better back up pushing him for ice time. At the start of last year everyone kinda knew he was the starter but the coaching staff let on like it was a competition as they said they had two good goalies.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

CLW

Nov 11, 2018

With the lines fixed and if Igor turns it around the season is back on track. Igor has to happen tho as you say.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
That's it. Maybe Tro/Chytil and Vesey/Gauthier are interchangeable, Chytil was strong as 3C at the start of the season and gave depth, with Kreider there and Gauthier that's one big fast line.

Lafrenére - Zibenijad - Kakko
Blais - Goody - Vesey

As long as the first line stay the same i dont really care how the rest lines up but i think Blais and Gauthier have combined to give us a decent 4th line finally so I'd prefer to keep that together.

Reactions: CLW

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009

For a goaltender of his talent, I do agree that .920 should be the expectation from him. I get that this is a high bar, but he set it for himself.

He's got a big contract decision coming up in just a couple years, and whether he is able to become more consistent from year to year is going to impact his career earnings immensely. You're talking about a difference of tens of millions of dollars.

Also if there's one thing that could get Laf and Kakko to 40+ points each by the end of the season, it's playing with out best center. I like the experiment.

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019

Yup. Just need .920-.925 Shesterkin.

By the way, and this surprised me, but last year’s HDCA was about 4.9 a game at ES for Shesterkin games. This year it’s 4.4 and his HDCA sv % is higher than last year. So all the extra goals are coming from the PP and also from non-high danger. He’s let in a lot of softies. Not absolving the team defense here, but it’s clear Igor is also in a big time rut.

karljans8279

Jul 1, 2022
It’s really not all that wild. Everyone knew the moment it was announced that trade was an L for the Rangers

But this is what the Rangers do. They spend years developing talent only to trade it away for peanuts and have said talent hit their potential elsewhere
Funny thing is I remember right before the trade was announced there was a rumor that a Buchnevich for Horvat trade was in the works.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Yup. Just need .920-.925 Shesterkin.

By the way, and this surprised me, but last year’s HDCA was about 4.9 a game at ES for Shesterkin games. This year it’s 4.4 and his HDCA sv % is higher than last year. So all the extra goals are coming from the PP and also from non-high danger. He’s let in a lot of softies. Not absolving the team defense here, but it’s clear Igor is also in a big time rut.

Good catch. And I’ve been seeing it on Vallys game reports. He’s bleeding bad goals. Goals he should stop and he said it himself clear as day. He knows it.

But also not just him. Halak has to be way better. You can’t make the playoffs not getting pts from your back up. I don’t know what to do there. I wanted halak actually but he looks very uncomfortable and I would never have given a back up goalie a NMC. That’s insane. We’re basically stuck with him

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC

Lafreniére - Zibenijad - Kakko
Blais - Goody - Vesey

I do want to see Kreider- Chytil- Gauthier.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012

His discipline has gone out the window. His technique is a mess. He's dropping way too early. He's over committing and way too aggressive.

His success is predicated on how he reads the game and his flawless technique. I have never seen him swim around like he has this season. I don't understand why his fundamentals have gone out the window. What changed in his prep/practice? It's weird to see

Only difference is he has a new born? Could that really be the issue, a diminishing focus? I don't know

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Schneider's goal was a full screen with the shot perfectly placed and nothing Binnington can really do, yes a bad angle, but that's why you screen the goalie. The tips (Laf and Trocek) were not his fault either. Even the Laf tip, shot was going far side, Binnington doesn't even overextend but he does need to keep his pads open 3 inches to ensure full coverage of the far side post where the shot was heading, and Laf's tip (puck luck) finds it's way into the 3 inch opening 5 hole. CK's goal is a breakaway and he lifted the backhand so not such a bad goal. A bad breakaway goal is the one handed 5 hole poke breakway by Hughes against Igor last week, backbreaker. Miller's was definitely a crappy goal to give up. All in all not a great performance by Binnington, but not a complete stinker some are making it out to be to minimize our goals scored.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Lines

Lafreniere-Zibanejad-Kakko
Panarin-Chytil-Kravtsov
Kreider-Trocheck-Vesey
Blais-Goodrow-Gauthier
I rather the kids get a vet presence on each line.

Let Kreider and Chytil work together.
Let Panarin work with Kravtsov with Trocheck as the 'responsible' one.
Let the kids work with Zibs.

Chytil will be 3rd wheeling with Panarin and Kravtsov. Trocheck has been decent with them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad