OT: Music Thread

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I think Pac had better lyrics, I think Biggie had a better voice, IMO. Also I hate to admit this because well it's Diddy, but Biggie had better music on his tracks. But that's what also made Pac so great, his **** was so raw and real.

Those guys are 1 & 2 for me, they were in their own league. No one around today is remotely close, maybe Eminem, but he's still not there.

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
I think Pac had better lyrics, I think Biggie had a better voice, IMO. Also I hate to admit this because well it's Diddy, but Biggie had better music on his tracks. But that's what also made Pac so great, his **** was so raw and real.

Those guys are 1 & 2 for me, they were in their own league. No one around today is remotely close, maybe Eminem, but he's still not there.

Pac rapped over some of the beet beats ever.

So did Biggie. But Pac had California Love and Hail Mary which are two of the best hip hop instrumentals ever. Not to mention, Changes, Heaven Got a Ghetto and All Eyez on Me.

Biggie was the far better rapper.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Biggie never said anything deep that sent shivers up my spine and/or make me quickly rewind the track to make sure I heard what I think I heard. Tupac did. A lot.

Also if Biggie wasn't so busy partying and doing whatever the heck he was doing, then maybe Puffy wouldn't have had to really scrape the barrel to put out all those albums posthumously (and I mean really scrape the barrel). Let's face it, Biggie only really put out two albums and all the rest were made up of whatever Puffy could salvage to keep Bad Boy afloat.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Biggie had a good voice but IMO the only reason he is considered a great is because of the beef with 'Pac and the fact he was killed. Without his ties to Tupac Biggie's career would have been mediocre IMO. 'Pac was already a blossoming star before the beef and Biggie piggybacked off that. Had Tupac not died at 25 I think he'd have reached levels no rapper has before. I think he would be an A list actor like like Will SMith and I think his record sales would make Eminem's career pale in comparison.

I don't even think Biggie was the best artist on Bad Boy when Ready to Die dropped, Craig Mack was so slept on by the masses.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Yeah, Craig Mack was so bitter with Puffy about how he got treated when he was with Bad Boy. I remember watching Rap City back in junior high or high school and they were interviewing him and he straight up said he got no money for his two albums and if anyone wanted to know where it was, ask Sean Combs cause he took it all hahaha

Given how pissed off he was, he must have really had to swallow his pride when he went back to Bad Boy around 2000, though that obviously never resulted in anything.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I love that song. It's too bad the remix had Puffy & Biggie in it haha

As for Biggie the only song of his that I really like is "the what" with Method Man, most likely because Method Man was in it.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Goes into music thread, sees rapper soap opera instead.

9TYZf0gp.gif

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Honestly I enjoy Pac and Biggie about the same, really depends on my mood. As a song writer though, Pac was likely the best of all time in any genre of music. He was so incredibly talented.

Biggie's music definitely wasn't as deep, but if you take it for what it is, it's still great on its own. He really had a knack for putting together phrases and making them blend so smoothly, combine that with his voice, he's top 2 on my list.

For what Pac did though and how his music affected people of all ethnicities, he's #1 IMO.

May 27, 2012
Earth
Now if we're talking body
You got a perfect one
So put it on me
Swear it won't take you long
If you love me right
We **** for life
On and on and on

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Pac had better songs, and was insanely good at putting everything together and speaking his message, whereas Biggie imo was the better lyricist, I got love for both for sure.

Also, I've been listening to a lot of Jon Connor lately, really digging his stuff.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
A hip hop classic.
I disagree, it was good but I think the rest of his albums mediocre, except it was written which I found to be terrible. I'd say of the artists considered great, the only one more overrated than Nas is Jay-Z

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad