Murray v Nolan on development

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Where did Toews, Malkin and Druin play the year after getting drafted?

Yes in the full spectrum of what teams have done with top picks, Reinhart's situation is normal.

We're not doing what any of those teams did...? That's the problem...? I'd be fine with Reinhart in junior, but not paying seven minutes a night with grinders or not playing at all...? If he's going to be kept up here, he needs to be give a chance to play and succeed...?

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I not trying to convince you to like it.

And I'm not trying to convince you to not like it. I'm arguing over the idea that he's being protected by playing on a 4th line. What precisely is it protecting him from? Certainly not from getting beat up. Failure? There is no shelter from failure on this team. Lack of confidence or production? Playing there is more likely to hurt than help. So what exactly is he protected from? If he needs to be protected from third line minutes and PP time (how would anyone need to be protected from PP time?!?!) then he shouldn't be in the NHL period, not even for the rest of the 9 games.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Where did Toews, Malkin and Druin play the year after getting drafted?

Yes in the full spectrum of what teams have done with top picks, Reinhart's situation is normal.

How are those 3 examples illustrative of how Reinharts' usage is normal???

What's this full spectrum nonsense?

Yes, Reinharts usage fits SOMEWHERE on the spectrum of how elite picks are used in their first year... That doesn't make it the norm :facepalm:

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
He wont magically fix the horrid PP, and it shouldn't be on him to, plus hes not strong enough yet, I don't think he'd fare well trying to dig the puck in the corners or play on the half wall.

But you'll never know for sure until you try, right?

Give the kid a sniff of the PP already.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
How are those 3 examples illustrative of how Reinharts' usage is normal???

What's this full spectrum nonsense?

Yes, Reinharts usage fits SOMEWHERE on the spectrum of how elite picks are used in their first year... That doesn't make it the norm :facepalm:

No kidding, didn't Malkin have a contract in the KHL while Toews wanted to stay in school. I fail to see how they have any relevance.

Reinhart is in a unique situation.

Dunkster19

May 3, 2013
I fail to see how playing him on the 4th line without power play time protects him. It's rather absurd to me that he is being protected. The only thing he's being protected from is the achievement of his first NHL point. May as well be in juniors if he's going to be playing with Cody McCormick. What other players receive this "protection"?

Agreed! This whole situation makes no sense. If he is here he needs to play with decent wingers. I am completely lost as to what Nolan is doing. They are wasting his 9 games.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
How about Girgensons getting a raw deal .... Putting Foligno between two "scoring" wingers in Hodgson and Stafford even tho Marcus doesn't have the smarts to be in the middle or the passing skills...

Z gets Mitchell and Gionta ... haha.

Baccus

Garage League filled with Mickey Mouse teams
Feb 18, 2014
This is exactly the Ted Nolan that anyone with a brain expected to see. Hopefully he can spit out some cliches and we can all have a laugh while he destroys the growth/confidence of our important players who'll be here after he's fired.

Yes right, this isn't hyperbole as evil Ted Nolan DESTROYS any GROWTH/CONFIDENCE of our "important" players...Its obviously factual...so I guess we should dump Samson since he's been 'destroyed'...after 8 games...

Dunkster19

May 3, 2013
How about Girgensons getting a raw deal .... Putting Foligno between two "scoring" wingers in Hodgson and Stafford even tho Marcus doesn't have the smarts to be in the middle or the passing skills...

Z gets Mitchell and Gionta ... haha.

You are right. Seems like it should be the reverse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad