Post-Game Talk: Murphy's Law kicks in. Habs lose 8-2 to Ducks

Who was the Player of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Meanwhile, behind closed doors, following the west coast swing ...

IeHOrSA.gif

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
people upset about missing the playoffs, if that's your goal is to just make the final wc spot only to likely get smoked by TB, I wouldn't worry as the jackets don't look like they want to make the playoffs either. With the Habs playing the canes and jackets later this month they can still make it unless the jackets turn it around quickly.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
people upset about missing the playoffs, if that's your goal is to just make the final wc spot only to likely get smoked by TB, I wouldn't worry as the jackets don't look like they want to make the playoffs either. With the Habs playing the canes and jackets later this month they can still make it unless the jackets turn it around quickly.

I think at This point people would just rather make the playoffs than finish 9th or 10th.

Megaforce

So I missed the game (Thank God).

It can't be fatigue can it?

A quick sum up of last night going show would be appreciated?

Pierre McGuire warned that the trip from San Jose to Anaheim to is a killer and that whenever he or any team does it they always end up exhausted. I don't know why this is the case because it's not particularly far but he was emphatic about it when explaining this before the game on the radio.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
I think at This point people would just rather make the playoffs than finish 9th or 10th.

I wouldn't; but, you're right, people would rather imidiate pleasures than having to bother. I slept with more beautiful women than any of you by a far margin. What does it change? nothing, I'm worse than Bojackhorseman. Anything you build! Building yourself is like building your team, Bergevin just wants not to drown, hire new blood, hungry blood.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Domi has been pretty quiet offensively the past 5 games as well. Since his 5 point game against the Wings he's only had 1 assist in the last 5 games. Drouin with 0 points over the same 5 game stretch. Both these guys will soon need to step up offensively if the Habs want to make the playoffs.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Domi has been pretty quiet offensively the past 5 games as well. Since his 5 point game against the Wings he's only had 1 assist in the last 5 games. Drouin with 0 points over the same 5 game stretch. Both these guys will soon need to step up offensively if the Habs want to make the playoffs.

I stand with PJ, Habs won't make the playoffs. It is actually good news, success is a mustard seed.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I stand with PJ, Habs won't make the playoffs. It is actually good news, success is a mustard seed.

I don't think they'll make the playoffs either and said so earlier in this thread. The Habs probably have better odds of winning the draft lottery than winning against their 1st round opponent, so the Habs missing the playoffs wouldn't bother me at all.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
Side note but beards are gross. Like that thing looks terrible, he looks dumber with it. Would explain Benn as well. He should just shave one day for the hell of it. Benn, I mean.
They are reminiscent of Burns and Thornton.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Not the end of the world. They'll have to play better to make the playoffs, but if they don't make the playoffs that wouldn't be the end of the world either.
I'd love to make the playoffs in 7th spot and play the Isles. If we finish 8th we'll get destroyed by Tampa. To be honest if it's a choice between 8th and 9th I'd probably rather miss.

Reactions: Harry Kakalovich

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Well this thread has gotten very weird.

Might as well just leave this here to help all the poor blokes who aren't as successful as FF

Demonstrate Value
Engage physically
Nurture dependence
Neglect emotionally
Inspire Hope
Separate Entirely.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
I wouldn't; but, you're right, people would rather imidiate pleasures than having to bother. I slept with more beautiful women than any of you by a far margin. What does it change? nothing, I'm worse than Bojackhorseman. Anything you build! Building yourself is like building your team, Bergevin just wants not to drown, hire new blood, hungry blood.
Hell Yes!

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Niemi plays 60 minutes every ten games.

4th line should be playing the same. They are bad. Really bad.

Same ol'. Bergy needs more time, I guess.

Not sure what you mean. Playing 60 minutes in one game is not the same as playing 12 in ten games. A poor performance in one game = one possible loss, a poor performance in ten games makes ten games harder to win.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
This is the 2nd Anaheim goal (soon to be scored). No Habs missing on the picture... (Delayed penalty on MTL)
5 Habs one Duck scores.png

When you see a goalie out of the crease during highlights, you know it's not going to end very well... (7th ANA goal)

Last edited:

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
I don't think they'll make the playoffs either and said so earlier in this thread. The Habs probably have better odds of winning the draft lottery than winning against their 1st round opponent, so the Habs missing the playoffs wouldn't bother me at all.

My thoughts exactly. I understand that people want to get some entertainment from making the playoffs (although i'm not sure I would call getting spanked by the Lightning in 4 or 5 games as 'entertainment') and the pride aspect as well, but missing the playoffs would probably be better for this team anyway. Baring a complete miracle, we're not making it out of the first round.

Its not the end of the world if we miss.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc McKenna

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Not exactly sure what decision you're taking. But Drouin showed a lot of speed, stickhandling and flair last night. Why aren't you criticizing Weise or Armia who were both absolutely terrible? What's your agenda to pick on the best player out there?'

Gallagher was really bad. Drouin, when the game was still in reach, was perched alone in the slot and Gallagher's pass, from about five feet away, managed to miss Drouin's stick by three feet. Where's your criticism of him?

Yeah he was bloody fantastic. I'm so glad I taped the game so I can watch him over and over and over again. You can't be serious...

Reactions: Doc McKenna
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad