Post-Game Talk: Murphy's Law kicks in. Habs lose 8-2 to Ducks

Who was the Player of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Megaforce

Drouin is a garbage player. Yes I said garbage. His defenders and I was one of them can come after me
This guy is just awful. He has zero ****ing drive
Bergevin or whoever the manager is this summer has to look long and hard about trading him
Don’t give us the team had a bad attitude schtick and keep that god damn floater
Drouin is doing great. Calm down.

Megaforce

Thanks. All I had to do was take your advice.
However, I must add that Drouin’s stellar play made it a tough decision. :sarcasm:

Not exactly sure what decision you're taking. But Drouin showed a lot of speed, stickhandling and flair last night. Why aren't you criticizing Weise or Armia who were both absolutely terrible? What's your agenda to pick on the best player out there?'

Gallagher was really bad. Drouin, when the game was still in reach, was perched alone in the slot and Gallagher's pass, from about five feet away, managed to miss Drouin's stick by three feet. Where's your criticism of him?

Last edited:

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
If the Habs lose to the Wings at home on Tuesday they can say good bye to making the playoffs this season. Considering they'll likely play Tampa I'd rather miss and take my chances on winning the draft lottery instead, which would likely be better odds than winning against Tampa.

+1000

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
So the goal posts are being moved again? I thought this week's west coast swing was going to be the determining week.

We only come away with two points in three games so now we conveniently postpone their chances to the next game?

Maybe moved a bit since the Habs did manage to get 2 points out west. I expected the Habs to get swept on their 3 game California road trip and expected 1 point out of that yearly disaster but they managed to get 2 points out of 6 so it wasn't a complete disaster. After losing the last 2 games the Habs desperately need these 2 home points against a Wings team they've owned this season so there's no excuse for losing the next game.

The Habs have been lucky the teams they're competing with for a wildcard spot have also been losing lately and it's kept every team close in the standings.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
While Mrb1p was counting Drouin's turnovers and gave up after a while, we can see a disturbing trend continuing:

7 fév : 4
9 fév : 0
14 fév : 0
16 fév : 0
17 fév : 0
19 fév : 0
21 fév : 0
25 fév : 0
26 fév : 4
1er mars : 0
2 mars : 0
5 mars : 0
7 mars : 0
8 mars : 0
12 mars : 2

:sarcasm:

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
While Mrb1p was counting Drouin's turnovers and gave up after a while, we can see a disturbing trend continuing:

What great consistency from the golden boy. 2 games with points in his past 13. That’s world class. Drouin’s approaching superstardom. What a player we have on our hands. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
What great consistency from the golden boy. 2 games with points in his past 13. That’s world class. Drouin’s approaching superstardom. What a player we have on our hands. :sarcasm:

He's still going to end up with good year-end totals. I hope management can flip him for fair value, otherwise we'll have no choice but to hold. Yzerman played his cards like a pro.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Will keep them for me, sorry.

I'll trade you a tall one for them.

bTifN5S.gif

:sarcasm:

Megaforce

Drouin doesn't float when he's entering the zone with the puck, something nobody else on the team is fast or skilled enough to do.
Drouin floats when he's hunting for a goal, like all good offensive players do.
That he hasn't scored lately doesn't mean much. Armia scored three goals and he looks like he belongs in the AHL.
Drouin can't score when guys like Gallagher miss him by three feet with their passes.
Drouin is the farthest thing from being a problem so picking on him reflects more on you than anybody else.

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
Drouin doesn't float when he's entering the zone with the puck, something nobody else on the team is fast or skilled enough to do.
Drouin floats when he's hunting for a goal, like all good offensive players do.
That he hasn't scored lately doesn't mean much. Armia scored three goals and he looks like he belongs in the AHL.
Drouin can't score when guys like Gallagher miss him by three feet with their passes.
Drouin is the farthest thing from being a problem so picking on him reflects more on you than anybody else.
Talking to yourself?

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Murphy's law, back when I were a student at Dawson, was basically the following : "Everything that "can" "will" go wrong". Murphy's law is coined after an astrophycisist prepping space missions. I finally get the title of the threat, it means the Habs dodged probabilities all year and the fact other teams are more talented is catching up, yup! Or maybe it means it's Niemi's fault or maybe it means CP is a real OG? It comes down to talent, who has talent on this team? Domi the mystical bulldog is alright, Drouin the stud suffers from anxiety disorder, Weber shoots as hard as MAB, Tatar is a fine rag-tag Carthagenian journeyman, Mete is fast as lightning; but, who has talent out there? KK and Suzuki have talent, I can't believe how lucky we are to have KK, he holds unto the puck, has the best coordination I've ever seen on the Habs, he's basically the highest end of what Ottawa wanted Logan Brown to be... but more than a playmaker, with a snipe and a quick release! Signing Skinner this summer would make a huge difference; and, it's only a beginning.

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Now you're just inventing stuff. What a waste of time.

Not my problem if you think the 4th line was our main problem to fix to help us in the playoffs and that Niemi was doing fine with his 3.78 goals per games average.

Niemi plays one game in ten

The fourth line plays every game

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
So I missed the game (Thank God).

Were there any bright spots in last night's fiasco or was it utter brutality all around?

Was Price in net for all 8 goals?

Anaheim can't buy a go this season and they scored 8!!

It can't be fatigue can it?

A quick sum up of last night going show would be appreciated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce