MultiVersus

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Trying to own a character of every archetype. I have Wonder Woman as my tank, Bugs Bunny as my mage, Batman as my brawler, and Finn as my assassin. What support should I buy next?

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Now that the new toy sequence has passed. How is this game is it worth getting into?
I've gotten pretty into it over the last few days and think it's a lot of fun, no idea how long the shine will last for me though. This game seems like it'll have a constant stream of new content though, we are getting 5 new characters in this first season alone which lasts for only 3 months, and we'll probably get a bunch more in season 2, now only a month and a half away, so it might stay fresh for quite some time. I think the true test of this game will be it's ranked mode when it releases.

Sep 19, 2008
Trying to own a character of every archetype. I have Wonder Woman as my tank, Bugs Bunny as my mage, Batman as my brawler, and Finn as my assassin. What support should I buy next?
Velma is solid support but was nerfed in the latest patch.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Impossible to get into this game with matchmaking as it is

By the time the matchmaking is even half decent, the shine of the game will have fallen off and it won’t bring in many new users

I think this game won’t last very long, they really mangled the slow release with beta.

every game of 2s I play is me (400 total ringouts) and someone with like 20-50 wins vs two people with badges displaying like 1000+ wins each

Sep 19, 2008
Impossible to get into this game with matchmaking as it is

By the time the matchmaking is even half decent, the shine of the game will have fallen off and it won’t bring in many new users

I think this game won’t last very long, they really mangled the slow release with beta.

every game of 2s I play is me (400 total ringouts) and someone with like 20-50 wins vs two people with badges displaying like 1000+ wins each
it's balanced as I level Jake up, the problem is the servers lag

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Stripe is out now. Game is flawed and I still loathe the "Battle Pass" system being in anything, but this constant stream of new characters and significant balance patches definitely keeps the game interesting.

Sep 19, 2008
Stripe is out now. Game is flawed and I still loathe the "Battle Pass" system being in anything, but this constant stream of new characters and significant balance patches definitely keeps the game interesting.
The worst are the servers when you go orange in upper right. Lagged to a loss this morning cause of it. Hope they fix it

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
So apparently after adding Marvin this game was untouched for the last several months, and they just announced today the game is going offline for at least half a year while they finish the full game

Sep 19, 2008
i've been very busy lately but i might try this game again. haven't played it in like 5 months

ahh open beta done. it just seemed like after the holiday update there wasn't must interest in playing at least for me

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
Hmm, interesting development.

I hope they can figure it out, seems like they completely flubbed all the initial success they had.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
… wait, it was still in beta and it had seasons and it was charging for microtransactions?

Sometimes I wonder if I’m missing anything by not caring remotely about online multiplayer games, and to be frank it’s nice to get assurances like that that I’m clearly not.

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
… wait, it was still in beta and it had seasons and it was charging for microtransactions?

Sometimes I wonder if I’m missing anything by not caring remotely about online multiplayer games, and to be frank it’s nice to get assurances like that that I’m clearly not.
I agree that was pretty scummy. Apparently there will be no refunds either, but everything will carry over to launch according to the FAQ.

I'm trying to remember other freemium games that had open betas and also charged money, but I'm pretty sure Multiversus is the first that closes it's open beta before launch.

Last edited:

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Fortnite was "Early Access" for years. Overwatch 2 may or may not still be in "Early Access" (it was billed that way initially, they never officially ended it, but it's not really mentioned anywhere). Calling this an "Open Beta" is not really surprising, as it's essentially the same as all the "Early Access" stuff. But it's scummy to suddenly take it offline, especially after charging money for microtransactions.

Reactions: MMC and Seedtype

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Still haven’t played it yet. Maybe I’ll wait for the full launch but idk just doesn’t interest me atm

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad