Rumor: Multiple teams interested in Justin Brazeau (UPDATE: signs 2 year AHL deal with the Marlies)

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
How many people knock JT’s skating and the guy just had a career year in goals with how many games left?

Point is while an overager he has put up some impressive numbers. From what a few have been saying he works each offseason to get better and lastly he is a free asset. If he works out the bonus. If not you rolled the dice with house money.

Get him Dubas

nstarjim

Jul 5, 2018
Kind of strange the teams for all of you pumping his tires haven't signed him yet...

PhilsDogFest

Jan 24, 2019
Would a playoff team really give him a NHL contract? Seems like he fits the mold of a 2014 San Jose/ LA player. Talent, but big and slower than most. What team has a good track record with improving prospects with skill like his if he did sign a AHL contract? If he gets a NHL contract with a contender it’s gotta be asap.

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
Ben Harpur and Mikkel Boedker

While Ottawa has been bad, most players have shown something during the season. These two haven't.

Also - most fans have forgotten that Mike Condon actually exists. Apparently he started taking shots at the AHL team's training last week.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Was free to sign one all along, but I'm not positive that NHL deal will be there after that series. It was a tough showing for the kid, whose team was simply outmatched.

I'm fairly certain Vegas was still watching him. Perhaps an ATO from the Chicago Wolves.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Was free to sign one all along, but I'm not positive that NHL deal will be there after that series. It was a tough showing for the kid, whose team was simply outmatched.

I'm fairly certain Vegas was still watching him. Perhaps an ATO from the Chicago Wolves.

They certainly could use him with Macek and Carr out (and Pirri in the NHL)

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Still think in the end he will get an NHL deal. Some team will offer it to ensure they get him, as a ELC spot is valuable but his possible upside is possibly worth it

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Kind of strange the teams for all of you pumping his tires haven't signed him yet...
It's really not the strange when you think about it, I mean it might have happened in the past, but I can't recall an instance that an HFboard member liked a player so much they were able to sign them to their favorite team themselves. I think it always the GM who does that. Again, I haven't gone through all of the signings over the years, but I would bet it doesn't really happen.

Reactions: Blaylock38

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
It's really not the strange when you think about it, I mean it might have happened in the past, but I can't recall an instance that an HFboard member liked a player so much they were able to sign them to their favorite team themselves. I think it always the GM who does that. Again, I haven't gone through all of the signings over the years, but I would bet it doesn't really happen.

Smart-@ss. LOL. Well played.......:laugh:

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Chose an AHL deal with Toronto rather than signing an NHL contract with another team. Pretty telling.

From the OP it doesn’t sound like there was many NHL dealers available. Plus he knows the bottom 5 positions on Toronto will likely be available annually with only Goat solidifying the 4th C

I know half of new liskeard as pretty much everyone who peruses Uni from new liskeard chooses same school I went to. There was a street full of new liskeard student houses . Should be a nice kid

I want to leafs to be in on some of the NCCA UFA RHDs

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
If he's going to work with someone who seems to know how to polish guys into NHLers, Keefe is a great choice.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Chose an AHL deal with Toronto rather than signing an NHL contract with another team. Pretty telling.

That's an interesting way of saying "he didn't receive any NHL ELC offers"

Anyway, this contract wouldn't prohibit him signing with an NHL team next season would it? (ie an 'out' clause)

Reactions: Szechwan

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Here's how this works: There's a handshake agreement that he will get a two-way contract once the Leafs clear a few contract spots. In the meantime, he gets $60K for waiting.

There's no way another team didn't offer him an ELC, but with this he will end up getting $60K more than he would have on a standard ELC and get to play in Toronto, which is likely what he wanted.

That said, it's a bit of an odd decision careerwise because the Leafs are loaded at RW.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Here's how this works: There's a handshake agreement that he will get a two-way contract once the Leafs clear a few contract spots. In the meantime, he gets $60K for waiting.

There's no way another team didn't offer him an ELC, but with this he will end up getting $60K more than he would have on a standard ELC and get to play in Toronto, which is likely what he wanted.

That said, it's a bit of an odd decision careerwise because the Leafs are loaded at RW.

Or his playoff performance cost him an NHL contract. The Leafs can now watch him up close, especially if the Marlies go on another Calder run.

Still a lot of good kids in college & Europe to be signed, and you don't have to commit to 3 years. The Habs just gave away Bitten before the start of his pro career because they didn't want him taking up a contract for 3 seasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad