Multiple reports: Flyers sign D Maxim Lamarche from Baie-Comeau Drakkar (QMJHL)

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
I'd be kind of disappointed if they picked zykov with the 11th overall pick. He looks like a good prospect but there will likely be better names there at that point. If they really want a forward I'd much rather go with Anthony Mantha, Hunter Shinkaruk or (unlikely hell be there) Valery Nichushkin.

Also, there will likely be some good defensemen to choose from. One of Ristolainen, Nurse, Pulock or Morrissey should be available at that spot as well. Zykov would be a reach at 11 IMO, and the risk would be a mistake.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I'd be kind of disappointed if they picked zykov with the 11th overall pick. He looks like a good prospect but there will likely be better names there at that point. If they really want a forward I'd much rather go with Anthony Mantha, Hunter Shinkaruk or (unlikely hell be there) Valery Nichushkin.

Also, there will likely be some good defensemen to choose from. One of Ristolainen, Nurse, Pulock or Morrissey should be available at that spot as well. Zykov would be a reach at 11 IMO, and the risk would be a mistake.

No offense to you but so tired reading this or nearly this exact post over and over and over again. Can't wait for the playoffs to be done

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ

Eh, I dont think its that much of a reach. He is considered around 15 or so on most mock drafts and lists. Dont see how you say you go for Mantha there and say Zykov is a reach. Mantha is rated after Zykov on every list. Zykov also scored 40 goals (Mantha scored 50) but Zykov is 9 months younger.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario

As much as I don't want to see the club draft a forward, I'd have no problems if they chose Zykov. There's something very Mark Recchi-like about his game.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
No offense to you but so tired reading this or nearly this exact post over and over and over again. Can't wait for the playoffs to be done

I don't understand. I was just expressing my view on an individual prospect? I'm not of the belief that they should just draft a defenseman because we need a defenseman. I think they need to go BPA. It just so happens that the BPA could very well be a defenseman at #11...

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Its easier to project a forward and they pan out more then defensemen. How many #1 d-men are in the league versus top line forwards. If they pick the BPA Defensemen and he busts or turns into a Coburn people will be all over the organization and how they didn't pick that one guy who turned into a stud LW

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Its easier to project a forward and they pan out more then defensemen. How many #1 d-men are in the league versus top line forwards. If they pick the BPA Defensemen and he busts or turns into a Coburn people will be all over the organization and how they didn't pick that one guy who turned into a stud LW

Nah man Philly fans wouldn't do that. :sarcasm:

Last edited:

mercury

Mar 10, 2003
South Philly/SoCal
Visit site
Is Bud Holloway fair game? I love the pic they have of him on Elite Prospects, which I only noticed because he led the Elitserien in scoring for champions Skelleftea this year. And the starting goaltender for the squad? Joacim Eriksson. :banghead:

holloway_bud.jpg

torkad frukt

Mar 8, 2013
Is Bud Holloway fair game? I love the pic they have of him on Elite Prospects, which I only noticed because he led the Elitserien in scoring for champions Skelleftea this year. And the starting goaltender for the squad? Joacim Eriksson. :banghead:

holloway_bud.jpg

He has been brilliant and lead the elitserien in points for two straight seasons I think, but I think his rights are own by LA though.

RJ8812*

Does anyone else find it funny that the Flyers would be replacing Walker with Lamarche?

c'est bon!

holloway_bud.jpg

I'd rather Eriksson. Don't really care for Holloway

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I thought last year would have been his last year but he agreed to an AHL deal for this season so there must have been mutual interest. I think he'll be an extra D for the Phantoms to start. Gordon seemed to like him.

Oh and good thing we didn't take Zykov 11th overall.

Last edited:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I thought last year would have been his last year but he agreed to an AHL deal for this season so there must have been mutual interest. I think he'll be an extra D for the Phantoms to start. Gordon seemed to like him.

Oh and good thing we didn't take Zykov 11th overall.

Why the Zykov comment??

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad