Multiple reports: Flyers sign D Maxim Lamarche from Baie-Comeau Drakkar (QMJHL)

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
Canadian defenseman Maxim Lamarche tweeted late Thursday night that he was “very proud” to have signed his first pro contract with the Flyers.

The Flyers have not made an official announcement yet. Earlier in the day, the Flyers denied signing anyone.

Lamarche an overage junior.

The 20-year-old Lamarche played the last four years in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League for Baie-Commeau Drakkar.

He’s 6-foot-3, 218 pounds with a right-hand shot, something the Flyers covet these days. Lamarche had nine goals and 43 points in 55 games last season in the QMJHL, an improvement over the 25 points the season before.

TVA Sports first reported the signing on Wednesday, saying it is a two-way, entry-level contract.

http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-philadelphia-flyers/maxim-lamarche-tweets-he-signed-flyers

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://blogs.courierpostonline.com/flyers/2013/05/30/report-flyers-sign-d-lamarche-from-qmjhl/

When Adirondack Phantoms coach Terry Murray prepares for training camp, he’ll have some fresh faces on his blueline. Mark Alt, acquired from Carolina as part of the Brian Boucher trade, played only six games at the tail end of the season. Andreas Lilja will be gone and likely the same for Blake Kessel, who played only seven games this season.

Then there’s Maxim Lamarche, a 20-year-old defenseman the Flyers signed as a free agent according to Mikaël Lalancette of TVA Sports in Montreal.

It’s a two-way deal for Lamarche, who spent the last four years in the QMJHL with Baie-Comeau Drakkar. The Laval, Quebec native had his best season this year with nine goals and 34 assists in 55 games. He was also the team’s assistant captain. His teammate there was Petr Straka, a right wing the Flyers signed in April.

The 6-foot-2, 192-pound blueliner represents the 42nd contract on the Flyers’ books for the 2013-14 season.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

roster_128241_8433_1368984952_mug3552.jpeg

• Position: Defence
  • Shoots: Right
  • Height: 6'03"
  • Weight: 218
  • Birthdate: 1992-07-11
  • Birthplace: Laval, QC
  • Hometown: Laval, QC

QMJHL stats:

http://theqmjhl.ca/roster/show/id/7047

Last edited by a moderator:

Feb 21, 2012
Pennsylvania
20 years old, turns 21 in July. Right handed shot. I see him listed on elite prospects at 6'2 192lbs and on hockeydb at 6'3 218lbs.

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Played for the same junior team as Straka, the Baie-Comeau Drakkar. Have to think they started scouting Straka, and noticed him and figured they would give him a shot. 43 points in 55 games last year, and 11 points in 19 playoff games. 5th in points among defensemen in the playoffs last year, 12th in the regular season.

ahthorne

Feb 23, 2013
Vancouver
Kid was on a really bad Drakkar team for a few years. This year, with the addition of Zykov among others, they were actually pretty good and made it to the QMJHL finals.

Petr Straka was from the Drakkar too. I legitimately think this team is going to draft Zykov with the 11th overall...

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Kid was on a really bad Drakkar team for a few years. This year, with the addition of Zykov among others, they were actually pretty good and made it to the QMJHL finals.

Petr Straka was from the Drakkar too. I legitimately think this team is going to draft Zykov with the 11th overall...

Makes sense. A typical flyers picks: a little off the board forward usually from the Q.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013

I honestly wouldnt be mad.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
I honestly wouldnt be mad.

Someone had Zykov in the top 10, IIRC, was it ISS?

However, there are probably better fish to fry.

Like Straka, Lamarche is likely a Simon Nolet signing, and therefore cannot really be questioned... :)

Last edited:

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Someone had Zykov in the top 10, IIRC, was it ISS?

However, there are probably better fish to fry.

Like Straka, Lamarche is likely a Simon Nolet signing, and therefore cannot really be questioned... :)

It was CSS that has him ranked 7th in NA Skaters so if you add in Euro Skaters it would be somewhere inside the top 15. ISS has him at 19th.

-------------

Anyway free prospects can never hurt. Odds are he probably won't amount to anything but the no risk makes it worth a shot.

Last edited:

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
As was posted in the Trade Rumors thread, Michael Raffl also signed a two year deal (confirmed by Bill M). Figured I'd post this in another Flyers Signed thread.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad