Post-Game Talk: MUFASA WITH THE W, 4-1 vs MIN

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
I don't really feel that most of the shots were all that dangerous. Minnesota really didn't play well in my opinion, and this was one of those games were the shot totals didn't tell the story of the game.
They weren't, no. But most of NJ's shot attempts weren't either, but we played extremely well defensively, and he only faced a small handful as a result. We've seen non-dangerous shots go in, after all.

helloconga

Oct 12, 2023
Florida
wow this wings team is fun to watch .. already called the playoffs if they won the bruins game! let’s keep it rolling

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Lyon didn't stand on his head, it wasn't many quality chances, but he didn't allow any soft or semi soft goals and facing 30+ shots is 3 times as many as Brodeur used to face.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Lyon didn't stand on his head, it wasn't many quality chances, but he didn't allow any soft or semi soft goals and facing 30+ shots is 3 times as many as Brodeur used to face.
As many goals as this team score, they don't need the goalie to stand on his head. A goalie that doesn't allow softies will get the team into the playoffs.

Reactions: Sentinel

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
Only goal he let in was that pinball goal. He would have had to be out of position to make that save.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Ghost
Lyon
Perron

Fairly obvious choices today IMO, the order can be argued. Ghost has 18 points in 19 games for us now.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
As many goals as this team score, they don't need the goalie to stand on his head. A goalie that doesn't allow softies will get the team into the playoffs.
Overall this roster still has a ways to go. But you're absolutely right, and being able to say something like this is testament to how much the offense has improved this year.

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Debrincat-Larkin-Raymond
Fabbri-Compher-Sprong
Fischer-Veleno-Berggren
Copp-****-Rasumussen
Why would you want to go back to the all eggs in one basket solution? That 3rd line ain't scoring any goals, Fischer belongs in the 4th line and Berggren ain't NHL caliber unfortunately.

I like the Veleno-Larkin-Ray line, Veleno brings a nice edge to it. I don't really want to break it but since Fabbri is healthy now, i would like to see what he can do in the 1st. Ras-Comp-Cat line is good idea by the coaching staff, a nice try to wake up Ras. Hasn't happened yet but it's only been 2 games.

Fabbri - Larkin - Ray
Ras - Comp - Cat
Perron - Veleno - Sprong
Kostin - Copp - Fischer

This way there's more scoring threats in the 3rd and 4th is the shutdown line, Copp doesn't contribute much offensively but he is fine defensively. If Wings go with 7 D, bench Fischer or Kostin.

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
Scapegoat: It's a rotation of Petry, Ras (WTF happened to him this off season) and a guest star.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Raymond has also played much better lately. The assist to Perron was a beauty. Chiarot has been very solid. Holl is +8 best on the team, but man how the stats can be deceiving. Some shifts he is brutal, the worst player on the ice by far.
Rasmussen has been better lately. I like his game.

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
Tallying… (last 2 games)

Star Total
23 Raymond (+2)
21 Larkin (+1)

13.5 Veleno
15 Debrincat (+3)
11.5 Compher (+4)
10 Ghost (+4)
9.5 Husso (+1)

7 Seider
7 Reimer
6 Fabbri
5 Walman
5 Copp
8 Lyon (+3)
4.5 Fischer
4 Rasmussen
4 Sprong
3 Perron (+2)
3 Kostin
2 Czarnik
1 Holl
1 Maata

Spacegoat Total
2 Reimer
2 Rasmussen
1 Petry
1 Copp
1 Perron
1 Larkin
1 Husso

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
What? Ras in periods 2&3 was the Ras of last season. Let’s hope that fuels him.
I saw the same in the 2nd and 3rd as you, I didn't think he was quite at last year Ras level but he looked solid imo.

The only positive increase I've seen in Ras's offensive game is he's ripping a shot from the center slot that's been pretty dangerous looking. IIRC one of his 2 goals was like that and he's ripped it another 4-5 times throughout the year that gave the goalie trouble.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
What? Ras in periods 2&3 was the Ras of last season. Let’s hope that fuels him.
I didn't see that. He had one ok shift I saw but mostly seemed like Regressed Ras™ of this season. Soft on the puck, falls down easily.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
We have played 12 home and 8 road games

Husso has allowed one soft/semi soft goal almost every game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad