Post-Game Talk: MUFASA WITH THE W, 4-1 vs MIN

Feels good, baby

C42453E0-D747-4029-A132-D12D5205BFDD.jpeg

1. Ghost

DADBD5CF-6200-4615-A80C-890F3F19323E.jpeg

2. Lyon

97389797-9292-4D04-94B2-62125D5E4FA3.gif

3. Perron

SC: Rasmussen, still waiting for him to make an impact. It’s getting late.

345671F0-2D5F-4FCF-858A-B77B199D8AF7.jpeg

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Was anyone else dying at the music the arena was playing while Seider and Hartman were having that long talk in the box?

Reactions: dalem177

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Honestly these 3 could be in any order and Larkin belongs in there too.

1. Ghost
2. Lyon
3. Perron

Spacegoat: Ras. (hopefully if we keep bagging on him he'll get goin)

Reactions: Juha

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Lyon
Ghost
Perron
HM:Raymond

Almost feel bad not allowing Raymond to grace the stars but gotta give the other boys their due. Perron deserves a little love for scoring 2 goals. Raymond is awesome.

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
Good game overall. Was a bit nervous after the last two wings but we’ve got a little streak going. Let’s keep that up.

1. Lyons
2. Ghost
3. Larkin

HM: Perron and Raymond

SG: Ras

Reactions: Sentinel

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
Guys.

It's almost December.

They're in 10th place.

Their goal differential is +14.

They have winning records both at home and on the road.

(aNd there's that Other thing that I wOn't meNtion bEcause I'm not SuperstItious but what if I should be and I meNtion it and JUst something weiRd happEns and it coulD be that it was because I'm not superstitious?)

I'm digging it.

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
1) Lyon
2) Gostisbehere
3) Larkin

Spacegoat: Rasmussen

They need to make some changes before Wednesday or the Rangers will humiliate them. I know the Red Wings brass visits these boards seeking my counsel -- you're welcome, guys. Assuming you're still rotating centers for a 2-man fourth line and going 11-7, and that Walman is still hurt:

Debrincat-Larkin-Raymond
Fabbri-Compher-Sprong
Fischer-Veleno-Berggren
Copp-****-Rasumussen

Gostisbehere-Seider
Edvinsson-Holl
Chiarot-Maatta

Lyon

Reactions: Realgud and lilidk

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Listening to the post game interviews, sounds like Larkin gave the guys a brief speech after the Toronto loss and basically said figure out what kind of team we wanna be, and the guys are buying in. Playing for each other instead of themselves, keep that momentum and energy going and it'll be contagious for the season and going forward. Start to build that identity as we come out of the rebuild. Kane likes what he sees maybe...?

Juha

Feb 18, 2014
Finland
Honestly these 3 could be in any order and Larkin belongs in there too.

1. Ghost
2. Lyon
3. Perron

Spacegoat: Ras. (hopefully if we keep bagging on him he'll get goin)

Yeah, I gotta go with what Lazlo wrote.
  1. Ghost.
  2. Lyon
  3. Perron

Ghost seems to be like the perfect fit in Detroit. The coaching staff seems to utilize him perfectly as well. He is playing to his strengths all the time. I thought Wings might feel the loss of Hronek this season, but Ghost is doing what Hronek did and then some.

Lyon was really solid in the net. Calm and collected.

Honorable mention; Larkin and Ray. Larks is clearly hurt and playing through it, but still contributing big time. Razor keeps getting better.

Spacegoat: Ras again. He is just a warm body. I don't know what he really brings to the lineup at this point.. A big guy who plays small.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
1 - Ghost
2 - Larkin
3 - Perron

No real spacegoat.

This was the kind of game you expect on a Sunday Afternoon, as it seemed sleepy at times.

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
Im pleasantly surprised with how theyve played since Sweden, I figured the first game or so would be rough considering all the travel, but damn are they playing well.
We will have to play an A game against the Rangers next. Chicago and Montreal follow. Would be nice to have a 6 game winning streak after that those games.

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
Stars:
1. Ghost. A four point game (1G 3A). You love to see it!
2. Lyon. Dude got smacked with a ton of shots in the second (14) and third (18) periods, and stopped 'em all. You love to see that, too!
3. Perron. A two goal game isn't anything to shake your head at. I'll take more performances like this out of him, for sure.

Scapegoat:
The refs. Really, seriously, how does an official sit there and *not* see a slew foot happen?

Final thoughts: It looked a bit like we stopped playing in parts of the second and third periods. I can't complain about the results, but allowing so many shots to get to our goalies won't always end as well as this one did. Keep the pedal floored, boys, and stay awake!

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Stars:
1. Ghost. A four point game (1G 3A). You love to see it!
2. Lyon. Dude got smacked with a ton of shots in the second (14) and third (18) periods, and stopped 'em all. You love to see that, too!
3. Perron. A two goal game isn't anything to shake your head at. I'll take more performances like this out of him, for sure.

Scapegoat:
The refs. Really, seriously, how does an official sit there and *not* see a slew foot happen?

Final thoughts: It looked a bit like we stopped playing in parts of the second and third periods. I can't complain about the results, but allowing so many shots to get to our goalies won't always end as well as this one did. Keep the pedal floored, boys, and stay awake!

I don't really feel that most of the shots were all that dangerous. Minnesota really didn't play well in my opinion, and this was one of those games were the shot totals didn't tell the story of the game.

Reactions: dalem177

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad