Mueller and Prosser placed on waivers

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Doesn't this mean nothing? It's standard for teams to place players on waivers now because they have a better chance of clearing.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
What does this mean for Fabbri I wonder?

It means, assuming we keep 14 forwards and one of them is Lindstrom, it's down to him, Jaskin, Paajarvi, and Porter for 2 spots.

I really think he makes it now.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Doubt much, Paajarvi has done less then mueller and he's still here.

I'm starting to develop an irrational dislike of Ol magnum

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
It means, assuming we keep 14 forwards and one of them is Lindstrom, it's down to him, Jaskin, Paajarvi, and Porter for 2 spots.

I really think he makes it now.

Agreed. I think it's him and Paajarvi on the final roster with Jaskin as the backup plan should they decide to send him down before his 10th game. He has seriously earned it.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Has Porter played at all this preseason? I don't remember his name being mentioned at all.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Prosser getting sent down means nothing to Fabbri but I was referring to Mueller.

Right but being put on waivers != getting sent to the AHL. It just means the option to send them down later is available, and teams do it now because it's safer.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Right but being put on waivers != getting sent to the AHL. It just means the option to send them down later is available, and teams do it now because it's safer.

Doesn't it also mean that if we wait a certain amount of time, we have to put him through again?

I would guess we wouldn't put him through right now if we thought he'd make the team.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Doesn't it also mean that if we wait a certain amount of time, we have to put him through again?

I would guess we wouldn't put him through right now if we thought he'd make the team.

I agree. I doubt he makes the team, but I'm just saying it doesn't necessarily mean he will get cut.

McGlassbangers

Jul 13, 2009
McFinland
How has Mueller been playing during the pre-season? I think Edmonton will claim him because our centers are RNH - Arcobello - Draisaitl - Gordon as we speak. :laugh:

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
How has Mueller been playing during the pre-season? I think Edmonton will claim him because our centers are RNH - Arcobello - Draisaitl - Gordon as we speak. :laugh:

Honestly he's probably no better than Arcobello. He's been very meh from what I've seen of him. Don't know what Draisaitl has been like but I'm sure you want him actually playing good minutes if he's on the team and not playing behind Mueller.

McGlassbangers

Jul 13, 2009
McFinland
Honestly he's probably no better than Arcobello. He's been very meh from what I've seen of him. Don't know what Draisaitl has been like but I'm sure you want him actually playing good minutes if he's on the team and not playing behind Mueller.

IMO Draisaitl isn't ready. He has absolutely amazing playmaking abilities but he's slow and gets pushed off the puck way too easily. Also Arcobello hasn't been good at all during the preseason and he's a complete midget. Mueller would bring size which we really need at center to compete with west.

How many games has Mueller played and how many points does he have? Also is he any good at faceoffs?

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
IMO Draisaitl isn't ready. He has absolutely amazing playmaking abilities but he's slow and gets pushed off the puck way too easily. Also Arcobello hasn't been good at all during the preseason and he's a complete midget. Mueller would bring size which we really need at center to compete with west.

How many games has Mueller played and how many points does he have? Also is he any good at faceoffs?

I think he has 1 assist in 3 games played. In 2 of the games he was a winger with Lehtera-Tarasenko and the other game he was a winger with Jaskin-Paajarvi, so I don't think he's played any center this preseason

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Porter is the X factor now in Fabbri getting at least a 9 game trial. Jaskin can be sent down to accommodate Fabbri, but Porter will require waivers. Expecting MPS to have one of the extra slots locked up. If Porter is put on waivers, I think that guarantees Fabbri at least a trial.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Porter is the X factor now in Fabbri getting at least a 9 game trial. Jaskin can be sent down to accommodate Fabbri, but Porter will require waivers. Expecting MPS to have one of the extra slots locked up. If Porter is put on waivers, I think that guarantees Fabbri at least a trial.
And considering Porter is easily replaceable and has passed through waivers 156 times now, the Blues would be dumb to allow him to control Fabbri's fate.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes

I would be seriously shocked if we sent Fabbri to Guelph in favor of Porter. It just makes sense that our extras are Paajarvi, who will primarily be a fourth liner, but can fill in top 9 in a pinch, and someone more top 6 suited. With Lehtera and Lindstrom both coming over from Europe having someone to give them a break and keep the in good condition is important if we want to actually have success in the playoffs this season.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I think Lindstrom has already made the team in that top 9 role, from the way the preseason line-ups have been.

Subtract Mueller.

Assuming the 4th line regulars are Ott - Lapierre - Reaves, we have two spots left for:
Porter, Paajarvi, Jaskin, Fabbri. Paajarvi would likely be lost for nothing if put on waivers, so I think he'll stay on the roster. They would trade him for a pick if they wanted to give his spot to Fabbri. I'm sure he could net a 2nd or at least a 3rd. I see him more as an alternate with Reaves at this point, and being groomed as a 4th liner. Jaskin can move up and down easily, and benefits from more ice time right now. Porter is a low risk to lose on waivers.

If you were taking bets, I'd put my money on Fabbri making the opening day roster.

kfox9611

Jul 31, 2008
Ontario
I think they will do with Fabbri, what they did with Petro a few years back.

He'll get his 8-9 game look, but they'll spread it out over the first part of the season. They might give him looks in the back end of a back to back game day, or give him looks against eastern conference teams, compared to Chicago, Colorado, etc.

I think even if he gets his feet wet and gets sent back to Guelph in December, it can only be good. Let him practice with the team, get use to the travel schedule, going out for team dinners, and everything else needed to get him comfortable with this lifestyle within the Blues organization.

I can see him rotating in and out of the lineup with Mags and Lindstrom, until Hitch decides on which guys he wants to go forward towards the playoffs with.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014

He'll get his 8-9 game look, but they'll spread it out over the first part of the season. They might give him looks in the back end of a back to back game day, or give him looks against eastern conference teams, compared to Chicago, Colorado, etc.

I think even if he gets his feet wet and gets sent back to Guelph in December, it can only be good. Let him practice with the team, get use to the travel schedule, going out for team dinners, and everything else needed to get him comfortable with this lifestyle within the Blues organization.

I can see him rotating in and out of the lineup with Mags and Lindstrom, until Hitch decides on which guys he wants to go forward towards the playoffs with.

I get the same impression. However, I hope we don't keep him here for too long. I hope that he can get his 9 games in by about game 20 of the season so he doesn't get rusty due to a lack of playing time. I understand sheltering a player, but it is very difficult to be effective if you are only getting in a game every 8-10 days.

Edit: Looking at the schedule, we play the Flames, Coyotes, Canucks, Devils x 2, Sabres, Capitals, Senators, Jets, Oilers, and Predators x 2 before December. That is a lot of opportunities to work a kid into the lineup in good situations without making him sit too much.

Last edited:

Meatwagon

Blues=Overrated
Nov 15, 2010
Bi-polar Express

That's what it looks like right now. They will keep him around until December, let him play in the WJC and send him back after the tourney.

But he may make it hard for them if he produces in all his opportunities.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
All this says to me is Fabbri survived another round of cuts.

ezgifcom-add-text.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad