Speculation: Much Ado About Kovy: Staying in Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
This is what I don't get. He could've played here until the deadline and we ship him to a contender.

People will say it's the money he wants. Well I'm sure he would've gotten x amount for us and then teams would've been waiting next year to sign him up if he had a radulov type year.

Now? Questions will only mount about his game and being on a guarantee contract will only compound teams wanting to stay away.

So it really doesn't make sense why he wouldn't be play here for half a year. Only way I should that the devils didnt want him here for that half a year.

Or maybe, and I'm just spitballing here, HE DIDNT WANT TO?

ghdi

Feb 4, 2009
NJ
Johansson seems like a complimentary forward who's numbers were inflated on an offensively stacked team. Lets see how he does playing with old man Zajac and Nick Lappin.

You mean our team MVP last season, Zajac? Who literally does everything on the ice well, beyond being a scorer? I am looking forward to seeing him with that guy. MoJo was also playing alongside Kuznetsov most of the time, who himself only outscored Zajac by 14 points.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
what the hell does that even mean?

Nick Lappin is going to be in the AHL so I don't even know what point youre trying to make.

MarJo's ES points/60 are in line with a bunch of really good players. He is unquestionably a top 6 player that we got for literally nothing.

Some of you guys will never be happy

It's pretty obvious he likely won't be a 58 point player here, but a 40-50 point player is absolutely what he is and that is a reasonable expectation. A 2nd and 3rd we got for free is a steal for that player.

NJDevils#4

Since 2002, bishes
Jul 11, 2002
New Jersey
Visit site
what the hell does that even mean?

Nick Lappin is going to be in the AHL so I don't even know what point youre trying to make.

MarJo's ES points/60 are in line with a bunch of really good players. He is unquestionably a top 6 player that we got for literally nothing.

Some of you guys will never be happy

You don't know what that means? Stop responding to every comment like you have this infinite wisdom. It means our forwards aren't as good as Washingtons and I don't know if he will be able to replicate his production on our team.

Simplified for you?

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
You don't know what that means? Stop responding to every comment like you have this infinite wisdom. It means our forwards aren't as good as Washingtons and I don't know if he will be able to replicate his production on our team.

Simplified for you?

Who is expecting him to replicate his career year? A 2nd and 3rd for a 40+ point player who is good at everything is a great deal.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County

Simplified for you?

Or he gets better with a larger role like Palmieri did?

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

Simplified for you?

Even if hes a ~40 point player instaed of a ~55 point player, its STILL a steal.

Just Win

Nov 3, 2008
Stuttgart

Simplified for you?

And in order to prove your point you had to come up with some laughable line combo that included an AHL depth forward? Don't complain about snarky answers when you make a stupid argument.

Our top 6 is nothing to laugh at with Hall, Palmieri, Zajac, Henrique, Hischier and Johansson.

njdevils19

Jan 11, 2007
Northern NJ
So then you can't say it's all about the money. He isn't getting his demands met next year that's for sure.

It was all about the money if it was between a noncontender vs Khl money. I don't think he was ever concerned or considering a show me contact. It was contender or Khl.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
If Shero said go back to Russia if my demands aren't met...

I'm 100% in support of the decision. Good job Ray!

FU and your 3rd round pick sign him to a 35+ year old deal.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
It was all about the money if it was between a noncontender vs Khl money. I don't think he was ever concerned or considering a show me contact. It was contender or Khl.

But by doing this not many contenders will want him next year.

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
It's a little bit disappointing that the Devils couldn't get any assets from Kovy, but as Aethon said I totally support of the decision. Let's move on.

Last edited:

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Him coming back at 35 really probably limits his term to 2 years, 3 if someone is willing to gamble a bit.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Him coming back at 35 really probably limits his term to 2 years, 3 if someone is willing to gamble a bit.

Gamble on him though. He better not get hurt in Russia or slump this year. lol can't wait to see hombre put up 35pts

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
That main board thread is just chock full of short sighted garbage.

Ray did the right thing here 100% from the looks of it.

The main board short sighted? That never happens! :sarcasm:

Not surprisingly, the attitude from many is all about what you can do for me now. It's the sane reason the prospect threads get so toxic because a lot if people don't focus on long term development.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003

That's if he doesn't get injured and has a good year...if not, he doesn't get a multi year deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad