MTS Centre upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
Just noticed on the MTS Centre website that under restaurants there is something called: Aviators Lounge (Coming Soon)

Anyone know anything about this?

How about anything new about any other upgrades that will be happening?

I recently (within the last three weeks or so) heard Scott Brown make a comment on TSN1290 Business Show (or whatever it is called) that there were more substantial things in the works but he was unable to make any further comments at this time.

Well in recent past they have built a new Jets Gear store on the second level. They are also building an additional vestibule at the main entrance which I assume is due to the fact they now allow access between the two levels.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
They are also building an additional vestibule at the main entrance which I assume is due to the fact they now allow access between the two levels.

They allow access between the two levels??? I can go to the main concourse with my 300 ticket to meet friends between periods?

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
They allow access between the two levels??? I can go to the main concourse with my 300 ticket to meet friends between periods?

It's been that way since the begining of the season. I haven't been to a game this season so not entirely sure how it works, but that main area is now accessible to all levels without scannign in and out.

We are also pleased to announce that for the first time in the history of the MTS Centre, the entire Portage Avenue atrium space, located in the north end of our building, will function as a ticketed area. The use of this signature space, home of the Timothy Eaton statue and the large glass façade facing Portage Avenue, will now provide for much improved building circulation throughout the game, additional food and beverage service options, and a chance for all of our patrons from the main, upper and suite concourses to meet and circulate without having to scan in and out of our building. If entering the MTS Centre from the north, your ticket will now be scanned at either the Portage and Donald rotunda (Gate 1) or the skywalk entrance by the bridge connection to the Newport Building in the northwest. The main box office remains fully accessible by entering the Portage and Donald entrance at street level. All gate access points in the south of the building will remain unchanged.

http://jets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=682485

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
They also have the "Observation Deck" buffet now. Noticed it dropped in price from $40 to $35. Still too rich for me, can't eat enough to justify $35 (plus drinks) on top of $100 tickets.

YWGF18

Oct 24, 2011
Winnipeg
They also have the "Observation Deck" buffet now. Noticed it dropped in price from $40 to $35. Still too rich for me, can't eat enough to justify $35 (plus drinks) on top of $100 tickets.

Could be worse, they were charging $100 on NYE

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
I would like the upper bowl to get lights so I could read the program they hand out.

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
I would like the upper bowl to get lights so I could read the program they hand out.

I understand exactly what Hollywood is talking about. During the pregame warmup there is enough light ti read the program but I like to watch the players and see how they look. As soon as the warmups are over they dim the lights right down and there is 15 minutes of darkness before the pre-game starts. Would be nice to be able to read the program during this time.

Maybe provide an electronic copy we could download onto our phones so we could read it that way?

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I understand exactly what Hollywood is talking about. During the pregame warmup there is enough light ti read the program but I like to watch the players and see how they look. As soon as the warmups are over they dim the lights right down and there is 15 minutes of darkness before the pre-game starts. Would be nice to be able to read the program during this time.

Maybe provide an electronic copy we could download onto our phones so we could read it that way?

That's an excellent suggestion - should send it Scott Brown's way on twitter. In this day and age, everyone's got a phone that can read an electronic version.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO

Really smart idea. :nod:

Last night I sat in the Budweiser Club Section ($90 single seats, woot!), and by god, their beer tastes a million times better than the warm swill we get in the 300s. It's served way colder, and I'm assuming it's because they have different machines. Any chance they could install those machines everywhere, not just in the club section?

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa

I would just go with something like this. You can read the program and protect your eyes from pucks and flying beer.
l193hood.jpg

MrGrinch

Jul 27, 2011
I know the Ottawa Senators do this and it works well. You get an email sent to the address that purchased the tickets just before the game. The email has a link to download a pdf copy of the program to your tablet or smartphone device.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
I know the Ottawa Senators do this and it works well. You get an email sent to the address that purchased the tickets just before the game. The email has a link to download a pdf copy of the program to your tablet or smartphone device.

The added bonus is that they could update the lineups and stats quite easily. Seems like the Jets program is usually 1-2 days out of date in that regard.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
The arena is dark before the warmups, between the warmups and the game and during the intermission, there's no opportunity to glance the program at the game. I like having a printed program, but walking around the bowl post-game, there are thousands of them strewn around and many more that never leave the box. They could easily cut back on the number of programs printed and few would notice, especially if they do the .pdf version or whatever.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg

Every big league sporting event I've been to outside of Winnipeg the last couple years does this (Vikings, Twins, Wild, Blue Jays, Bears, White Sox, Cleveland Indians). Weird because I think it's a Ticketmaster system feature, and both teams here use Ticketmaster too.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
This is too mellow for TNSE's taste, they stopped the whole helmet Pardy thing. I think/feel TNSE model is come watch a game, spent a lot of money but we will try our best to suck the fun out it.

If anything the games are overproduced and the 3 game intros they currently run need to be dialed back a bit. Sitting in the 300s behind the new press box reminds me of this. There is a lot of reverberation and the sound is already way up to begin with. Unnecessary for 45 pre and regular season games...save something for the playoffs.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
One thing I've never, ever understood is why they don't announce the lineup changes and scratches prior to the game. I thought that was common practice across the league?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad