Pre-Game Talk: MTL vs. OTT: The most hilariously boring "rivalry" game so far

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
There’s a difference between hating to lose and not having the talent to win.

Anyone who think the players care as much as they would if they were fighting for a playoffs spot has not been part of any competitive sports or gaming once in his life.

It's not the same when the stakes are not high.

They'll try to win. But they wont fight like they would if the stakes were high. It's just not the same.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
When that game will be on tv, we'll have choices to watch the less boring thing on tv.
Choices will go from Habs-Sens game, Women's Curling, Murder she wrote, NCIS, Bing Bang Theory, American Pickers. I don't know where my tv zapper will go, I'm not sure, lol.:D:naughty:

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Anyone who think the players care as much as they would if they were fighting for a playoffs spot has not been part of any competitive sports or gaming once in his life.

It's not the same when the stakes are not high.

They'll try to win. But they wont fight like they would if the stakes were high. It's just not the same.

I never said anything about the lack of motivation when the situation is a bad one. But saying players are trying to lose or they don’t care is just foolish. They still care and the ones that don’t have no pride. They are certainly not looking at the standings thinking about “draft status”. That’s something only fans and management do.

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
(Edit) Sunday's game is going to be a joke! Both those teams are out of the playoffs and therefore want the best pick possible. Ottawa is currently right under us (so, right above us!) with 5 points less but 2 games in hand.

Both those teams don't want a division rival having more chance than them to get the infamous 1st pick and rub it in their face.

Basically, expect both teams to give the game to the other.

Discuss.
Ottawa could help their tank by trading Karslon for Alzner and I'd be even willing to toss in Benn so they have a shot at finishing dead last.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
(Edit) Sunday's game is going to be a joke! Both those teams are out of the playoffs and therefore want the best pick possible. Ottawa is currently right under us (so, right above us!) with 5 points less but 2 games in hand.

Both those teams don't want a division rival having more chance than them to get the infamous 1st pick and rub it in their face.

Basically, expect both teams to give the game to the other.

Discuss.

Thanks Sniper. I think this thread has given me an idea for tomorrow's GDT.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad