Pre-Game Talk: MTL vs. OTT: The most hilariously boring "rivalry" game so far

Bee Holder

Jul 3, 2017
Montreal
(Edit) Sunday's game is going to be a joke! Both those teams are out of the playoffs and therefore want the best pick possible. Ottawa is currently right under us (so, right above us!) with 5 points less but 2 games in hand.

Both those teams don't want a division rival having more chance than them to get the infamous 1st pick and rub it in their face.

Basically, expect both teams to give the game to the other.

Discuss.

Last edited:

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Professional athletes aren’t thinking about a draft lottery that could get them an 18 year old kid. They live in the moment and hate to lose.
And many of them are playing for future contracts. If you see a player giving up and trying to lose, why would you want him on your team if you're trying to win?

Reactions: nhlfan9191

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
And many of them are playing for future contracts. If you see a player giving up and trying to lose, why would you want him on your team if you're trying to win?

The Tomas Vanek effect. Lol, that guy turned 51 million into 18.5 million in like...4 months.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Would be awesome if the arena is empty

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
This is a great weekend if Ottawa wins both of their games and Habs lose both.

If Sens beat Flyers tomorrow and Habs lose to Ducks, Sens come within 3 points of Habs with 2 games in hand.

If Sens beat Habs on Sunday, Sens come within 1 point of Habs still with 2 games in hand.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
(Edit) Sunday's game is going to be a joke! Both those teams are out of the playoffs and therefore want the best pick possible. Ottawa is currently right under us (so, right above us!) with 5 points less but 2 games in hand.

Both those teams don't want a division rival having more chance than them to get the infamous 1st pick and rub it in their face.

Basically, expect both teams to give the game to the other.

Discuss.

sPg5lBi.jpg

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Professional athletes aren’t thinking about a draft lottery that could get them an 18 year old kid. They live in the moment and hate to lose.
And that’s what make it worst, they living in the moment has been nothing short of a disaster, including effort wise

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
We have some veteran guys that make me think otherwise.

The thing is, most of the time I don’t see a team that isn’t competing or the effort level isn’t there. There’s a few players who you could criticize for individual performances obviously, but as a team, the complete level has been there. There’s a lot of players who are being asked to play above what they are because of the lack of talent throughout the lineup. I’m just as bad as anyone for ripping apart guys like Benn, Alzner, etc but I don’t think they’re problems stem from a complete lack of effort, I think it has to do with their usage.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I don't think Jeff Molson care about winning. As long as they can sell tickets and beer. That is their main concern. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see this is not a good team and needs a rebuild. Yet they won't strip it down and trade vets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad