Confirmed Trade: [MTL/VGK] Nick Cousins for 2021 4th round pick

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
This is a terrible trade . Cousins has developed the right way putting his work in , in the AHL and getting more acquainted and better in the NHL every year . He’s going to be a solid bottom 6 player and Montreal is dumb trading him away for a 4th.
Reminds me of when the Oilers traded away Brodziak the first time. Spent a bunch of years wishing we had a Brodziak. The pick turned into nothing as expected.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Cousins is insurance for losing Eakin. The funny part is, he has become an NHL player through hard work. That fits the Knights MO. Nosek and Stephenson’s play allowed them to move Eakin and save some cash. Cousins will fit in just fine.

The only downfall to the Knights over the last two years to the day almost, is they’ve used up all their draft capital. It’s almost imperative now they hit on 50% of their picks. Not only have they traded away Suzuki and Braanstrom but they’ve sent a lot of picks away. They still owe Detroit one more pick from the Tatar deal. Then they included even more futures a few times here.

That said, when you’re close, you go for it. The only good thing is most of the team isn’t overly old. But Krebs, Glass, Hague, Lesechym, etc have to hit. If they don’t, there’s going to be a lot of misery for a long time in 5-6 years.

But today, they got better. Just as they did last week. They’ve certainly made their case to be the odds on favorite in the West.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
Reminds me of when the Oilers traded away Brodziak the first time. Spent a bunch of years wishing we had a Brodziak. The pick turned into nothing as expected.

Yup. He’s only 26 and has been getting better every year , from what I’ve seen in the past and heard is he’s also good defensively . I see Montreal regretting this I’m the future and Cousins having an impact in a contenders bottom 6 giving them that much more of a balanced attack and deep lineup.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Does not make much sense except if Cousins was asking too much money for next year.
Thompson makes sense, Evans will replace him. But Weal should have been gone before Cousins. Nothing dramatic though.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Cousins is insurance for losing Eakin. The funny part is, he has become an NHL player through hard work. That fits the Knights MO. Nosek and Stephenson’s play allowed them to move Eakin and save some cash. Cousins will fit in just fine.

The only downfall to the Knights over the last two years to the day almost, is they’ve used up all their draft capital. It’s almost imperative now they hit on 50% of their picks. Not only have they traded away Suzuki and Braanstrom but they’ve sent a lot of picks away. They still owe Detroit one more pick from the Tatar deal. Then they included even more futures a few times here.

That said, when you’re close, you go for it. The only good thing is most of the team isn’t overly old. But Krebs, Glass, Hague, Lesechym, etc have to hit. If they don’t, there’s going to be a lot of misery for a long time in 5-6 years.

But today, they got better. Just as they did last week. They’ve certainly made their case to be the odds on favorite in the West.

That's quite overdramatic. They have one of the 10 best prospect pools even after giving up Demin. Glass has already 'hit', he just needs to bulk up his frame and grow into his 6'2 body and stay healthy. They also have an over abundance of top 6 wingers and a lot of good ones ready to step in (Elvenes, Dugan).

As far as picks go, the 4th from Winnipeg should turn into a 3rd, so they've got 4 picks in the first 3 rounds in 2021. They kept their 1st this year and NJ's 3rd will be high. They also have their own 3rd. The 5th they sent to Toronto is offset from the 5th they gained when Carolina traded Haula.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Not every day you get to pick up a guy who’s a mainstay on the 1st PP unit for a 4th rounder in next years draft...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad