Confirmed Trade: [MTL/VGK] Nick Cousins for 2021 4th round pick

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
This might actually be a really important trade for Vegas, assuming they got Cousins at 50% retention. By my napkin numbers that would allow the team to re-juggle their deadline roster down to 20 players without using LTIR. That would let them recall some players after the trade deadline and then demote them again when Alex Tuch is ready to come off LTIR. Leaving the team with a 21 man roster, Tuch included.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
This is a terrible trade . Cousins has developed the right way putting his work in , in the AHL and getting more acquainted and better in the NHL every year . He’s going to be a solid bottom 6 player and Montreal is dumb trading him away for a 4th.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
I liked Cousins, wouldn't have minded seeing him in a Habs jersey next year as well. Good depth for Vegas.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
This is a terrible trade . Cousins has developed the right way putting his work in , in the AHL and getting more acquainted and better in the NHL every year . He’s going to be a solid bottom 6 player and Montreal is dumb trading him away for a 4th.

They can re-sign him next summer.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
What?
He's small and slow. Starts fire he can't take care of. Constantly complain to referees.
He's got good hands and pretty good vision, but he's not an ideal bottom 6 player. He's got most of his points with ice time he wouldn't have had with a contender.
Sure he's paid way less then Eakin, but they clearly downgraded....

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
this is a good depth pickup for VGK. he was a swiss army knife in mtl and did well. expendable because habs have a lot of these small, speedy depth guys.
he'll help vegas

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
What?
He's small and slow. Starts fire he can't take care of. Constantly complain to referees.
He's got good hands and pretty good vision, but he's not an ideal bottom 6 player. He's got most of his points with ice time he wouldn't have had with a contender.

he’s pretty decent defensively isn’t he ? Also he’s only 26 I feel like if he was a 4th line center getting 10 minutes a night he helps you make a run in the playoffs . Maybe I’m misinformed

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
What?

They turned a pending UFA cap problem into a 1m 13th forward that's an RFA at the end of the year...

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
They turned a pending UFA cap problem into a 1m 13th forward that's an RFA at the end of the year...
Yes, I agree. It's a cap deal more then anything. It's also a downgrade on the ice.
They improved a lot with Lehner tho.

Fainting Couch

Jun 21, 2019

So true... when you don't consider the fact that MB said they tried to negotiated an extension with him.

Reactions: Kingsfan1

Brownies

I agree. He played good for his role. When you don’t make the playoffs, you’re expected nowadays to ship as many people as possible...I’d love to have a bit more time to appreciate the players on my team and actually feel something when they leave. Feels too much like you hire interchangeables mercenaires.

Reactions: Phaneufed

Notabaguette

Mar 4, 2018
Habs have enough bottom 6 guys they need to acquire a star and a top 6 fwd and bump Danault and another to bottom 6.

All the picks they should be able to acquire a guy.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
What?
Boy you clearly haven't watched Eakin this year, bud.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad