Proposal: MTL - VAN

Nipsey

Aug 8, 2018
What would it take to bring Nils Hoglander to Montreal? Gallagher isn’t getting any younger and Nils would be the perfect replacement.

Assets available:

2021 1st round pick
Drouin
Danault
Guhle
Mete

Last edited:

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Romanov

Which makes zero sense from the Habs, however Vancouver's primary need is defense. Mete isn't going to move the needle given how well Hoglander has played. Frankly, Hoglander is among the few bright spots for the Canucks. I doubt they want to move him at all unless it's for something silly.

Well, Bergevin did trade Sergachev for Drouin, so anything from him is possible...:(

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
What would it take to bring Nils Hoglander to Montreal? Gallagher isn’t getting any younger and Nils would be the perfect replacement.

Assets available:

2021 1st round pick
Drouin
Danault
Guhle
Mete

None of that.

Reactions: bh53

canwincup

Aug 28, 2008
Van city
Like others have said it would take Romanov and I don't see Montreal doing that.

Hoglander has arguably been the Canucks best player this year compared to expectations coming in. He's tenacious, strong on the puck, and is very skilled. The Canucks need more guys like him in the top 6, and hopefully Podkolzin can replicate Hoglander's style of play.

Reactions: Cogburn

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Guhle, Mete and 1st for Hoglander and 3rd

Two defensemen that play left and don't play the game we're missing (in fact the problem is we have too many guys like Mete and Guhle, assuming they hit their realistic ceilings) aren't of interest. Hoglander is already doing what my absolute pinnacle hope for a late first would be doing in his first year, so why roll the dice for the first?

I reiterate, no thank you.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Yeah aside from Romanov, who could anchor a pairing with Hughes for the forseeable future, the canucks have no reason to move Hog.

Gotta give to get, and spare pieces and draft picks aren't really what Van is looking for right now.

VanOriginal

Jun 15, 2019
Tyler Toffoli

But seriously I don't see a trade here, I don't think hoglander will be moved, he is one of the few bright spots this season and on an ELC the Canucks need good players on cheap contracts

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Two defensemen that play left and don't play the game we're missing (in fact the problem is we have too many guys like Mete and Guhle, assuming they hit their realistic ceilings) aren't of interest. Hoglander is already doing what my absolute pinnacle hope for a late first would be doing in his first year, so why roll the dice for the first?

I reiterate, no thank you.

Mete and Guhle have absolutely nothing in common with how they play...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad