Value of: MTL trade asset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Ok check this out, if Pezzetta can't even be a regular on one of the worst teams in the league, why the f*** would a team give up a 3rd for him? Who cares about where Ylonen was drafted? Would you sign former 1st OA Yakupov right now?

Yes Habs won't waive Pezz, especially since they need forwards to finish the team. You can't just ice like 6 forwards.
you have to understand this is base on if a team want that player or not , if so that's probably the price ... Gezzz chill mate

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
I think he's right, in the way that neither Matheson and Evans get moved unless the trading partner ponies up these assets, because I don't think Kent Hughes actually want to move these guys two players, but if someone is willing to drastically overpay...

Some players gets moved for less than their value, Tarasenko being a prime example. Some players gets moved for more than their value.
value of thread but only available for drastic overpay. pointless

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Matheson isn't moving until next summer, he is flawed but nobody is remotely ready to take over his role, they should still get a 1st+ for him next summer.
Savard also likely doesn't move but if he does it's at 50% for a 1st or equivalent prospect

Allen might return a 5th but I think they probably missed the boat on trading him, only team I wonder about at this point is Philly.
Pearson and Armia have no value at full cap, and the Habs aren't going to retain 50% so they can get a 5th or 6th for them
That's probably what it would take to move Evans, but he almost surely won't be dealt and I hope he resigns
Ylonen probably gets moved for another struggling young player or in a package for a better player this summer
Pezetta is a 13th forward that might return a 6th or 7th, a 3rd is absolute nonsense lol, Montreal would prefer to just keep him as the extra forward

The one player you don't list, Jordan Harris, I could see Colorado and Tampa Bay having interest in. Probably get a 3rd + 5th for him or a 2nd if they're lucky

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Both statements can be simultaneously true.

But you'll notice that the "Leafs will give a 1st for Savard" has gained a lot of traction in the last days, and usually, when insiders leak that a Canadiens player will fetch a price, that player fetches that price.
No I understand guys like Savard will be valued. But the rest of the list not so much.

hurdemz

Tub thumpin'
Jul 15, 2022
Ssm, ON
I think he's right, in the way that neither Matheson and Evans get moved unless the trading partner ponies up these assets, because I don't think Kent Hughes actually want to move these guys two players, but if someone is willing to drastically overpay...

Some players gets moved for less than their value, Tarasenko being a prime example. Some players gets moved for more than their value.
It all boils down to how bad someone wants these guys. Nobody here is a nhl gm. I'm giving my opinion on the value set for us, and I say keep your guys for the price set. Maybe that changes for somone else. 🤷

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Sometimes I wonder why the Habs aren't perennial contenders with some of the player assessments on these boards...
LOL................nothing anyone says on this board, has anything to do with anything.

HF...............never change!! LOL

Savard = late first + 3rd ? (RHD great at defense and shot blocker, playoff player)
Matheson = First + 2nd + B+ Prospect ( a bit like Hanifin but Matheson is not a rental)
Armia = 5th (doing ok this year , great hands and shot, could be a upgrade on a third line to some)
Pearson (50%) = 5th (Veteran , solide defense player)
Allen = 4th (great 2nd goalie, 2 years left on contract)
Evans = 2nd (Shut down center 4th liner , 1.7m 1 year left)
Ylonen = 5th (got speed and hands, could use a change of scenery, 24 years old RFA )
Pezzeta = 3rd ( gridy little bastard , hits everything around him , can fight, great energy, 1 year left)

I guess that's what is on the table from MTL.
Every team, has wish lists...........

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
People truly never get tired of being wrong about what Habs players will be traded for lmao

Reactions: viceroy

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Savard = late first + 3rd ? (RHD great at defense and shot blocker, playoff player)
Matheson = First + 2nd + B+ Prospect ( a bit like Hanifin but Matheson is not a rental)
Armia = 5th (doing ok this year , great hands and shot, could be a upgrade on a third line to some)
Ylonen = 5th (got speed and hands, could use a change of scenery, 24 years old RFA )
Pezzeta = 3rd ( gridy little bastard , hits everything around him , can fight, great energy, 1 year left)

Savard, Evans and Matheson have clearly positive value, the others are hard to move. Even Matheson is a tough contract to move for an in-season move.

Armia, Pearson and Allen make too much for that actual contributions, so they'd likely require taking back bad contracts in return if someone wants them for the playoffs.

Ylonen might not even get a qualifying offer.
Pezzetta is a borderline NHLer.

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
The only player with value is Savard and probably worth a 2nd and a 4th. At that price I am not moving him. Maybe a trade ala Walker with a salary dump and then add a 1st. Allen Armia Pearson are all trash and don't have any value. I don't expect trade unless there is an overpayment for Savard. Maybe a depth guy like Kovacevic and Evans but they are not worth more than a 4-5th IMO

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
If anything, should none of these players get moved, that would strongly prove HIS point, in that Montreal wouldn't move them unless they fetch more than they reasonably should.
Sort of defeats the purpose of a discussion board to discuss unrealistic values because a team wants to keep its players - then why make the thread?

All SJ Sharks players are available - They will all cost 2 first round picks or more, otherwise the Sharks will keep them - discuss......

Clearly an extreme unrealistic example but I hope you see the point. Posting unrealistic trade values and then saying well thats the ask or they stay seems like a poor way to initiate discussion.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Outside of Savard, I don’t think anyone else is going to get a decent return or even be traded.

My feeling is Savard at 50% is going to move to TB for their first round pick in 2026 and Allen is going to Colorado for next to nothing. Maybe a small contract they don’t want anymore?

MisterT

Nov 29, 2006
People truly never get tired of being wrong about what Habs players will be traded for lmao
How are those trades for Anderson, Gallagher and Armia progressing for the 1st and prospects some Habs fan were insisting on returning?

Each and every fan base tends to overvalue pieces but don't cherry pick the times you're and be disingenuous to the times you're incorrect.

ryan callahan

Jan 25, 2014
Québec,Canada
How are those trades for Anderson, Gallagher and Armia progressing for the 1st and prospects some Habs fan were insisting on returning?

Each and every fan base tends to overvalue pieces but don't cherry pick the times you're and be disingenuous to the times you're incorrect.
I've never seen a Habs fan argue Armia was worth a 1st and same thing for Gallagher for the past 3-4 years.

Reactions: viceroy and pth2

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018

Are the Habs fans in the room with you now?

Reactions: viceroy

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida

Just say what you really believe, “Habs expect a 1st for all of them. ++ on several”.

We know.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Allen is a cap dump. He’s too expensive to be taken on as a back up. It will cost Montreal a 2nd or 3rd to move him. There are better and less expensive options for a 3rd.

Other than that one glaring discrepancy, most of the other valuations don’t seem too crazy.

The Tanev deal affects Savards value but if Montreal received something similar to what Tanev brought, it’s not too far away from a late 1st. Forget the 3rd though. If Montreal gets a 1st, they should accept that and run.
Allen is not a cap dump. Most of the other players on the list are though. Tanev has nothing to do with Savard. Savard is not an expiring contract. He does not have to be moved.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
l
Allen is not a cap dump. Most of the other players on the list are though. Tanev has nothing to do with Savard. Savard is not an expiring contract. He does not have to be moved.

And most would say Tanev is the better player. But there's one way to know. If tomorrow comes and goes but he isnt moved, that means his price is a first but his value is less than that.

Allen is overpaid for what he is. No one wants a 3.85M cap hit for a back up. It doesnt make any sense to give anything of value for Allen. Primeau might be worth a 3rd. Not Allen though.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022

the only one i could see is allen.

• Love
Reactions: MXD and CDN24
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad