Value of: MTL trade asset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Savard = late first + 3rd ? (RHD great at defense and shot blocker, playoff player)
Matheson = First + 2nd + B+ Prospect ( a bit like Hanifin but Matheson is not a rental)
Armia = 5th (doing ok this year , great hands and shot, could be a upgrade on a third line to some)
Pearson (50%) = 5th (Veteran , solide defense player)
Allen = 4th (great 2nd goalie, 2 years left on contract)
Evans = 2nd (Shut down center 4th liner , 1.7m 1 year left)
Ylonen = 5th (got speed and hands, could use a change of scenery, 24 years old RFA )
Pezzeta = 3rd ( gridy little bastard , hits everything around him , can fight, great energy, 1 year left)

I guess that's what is on the table from MTL.

Last edited:

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
I think you've overvalued every single player here, but we shall see.
I think you overevalue picks, especially these are late rd picks as well.

Sometimes I wonder why the Habs aren't perennial contenders with some of the player assessments on these boards...
Let me guess you were the guy saying that Monahan was worth a 3rd rd pick ??

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Allen is a cap dump. He’s too expensive to be taken on as a back up. It will cost Montreal a 2nd or 3rd to move him. There are better and less expensive options for a 3rd.

Other than that one glaring discrepancy, most of the other valuations don’t seem too crazy.

The Tanev deal affects Savards value but if Montreal received something similar to what Tanev brought, it’s not too far away from a late 1st. Forget the 3rd though. If Montreal gets a 1st, they should accept that and run.

• Haha
Reactions: Canadienna and MXD

hurdemz

Tub thumpin'
Jul 15, 2022
Ssm, ON
Nah, these guys just aren't worth what you think they are.

Nobodys giving up a 1+ 2 + a prospect for matheson. He isn't like hanafin in any way.

Nobody is giving up a 2nd round pick for Evans. That's just absurd.

But you're entitled to an opinion just like I am, and time will prove one of us right.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018

Nobodys giving up a 1+ 2 + a prospect for matheson. He isn't like hanafin in any way.

But you're entitled to an opinion just like I am, and time will prove one of us right.
Evans is constant, he gives it all on the ice.
This kid is worth a late 2nd ,
But the team paying for him must really need a 4th liner shut down center

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Savard = late first + 3rd ? (RHD great at defense and shot blocker, playoff player)
Matheson = First + 2nd + B+ Prospect ( a bit like Hanifin but Matheson is not a rental)
Armia = 5th (doing ok this year , great hands and shot, could be a upgrade on a third line to some)
Pearson (50%) = 5th (Veteran , solide defense player)
Allen = 4th (great 2nd goalie, 2 years left on contract)
Evans = 2nd (Shut down center 4th liner , 1.7m 1 year left)
Ylonen = 5th (got speed and hands, could use a change of scenery, 24 years old RFA )
Pezzeta = 3rd ( gridy little bastard , hits everything around him , can fight, great energy, 1 year left)

I guess that's what is on the table from MTL.
I doubt more than 1 of these guys gets moved if any

Savard- probably worth the 1st retained but not sure Mtl wants to move him unless blown away by offer
Matheson- they are not moving him yet until a kid steps up in the Offensive dman role
Armia to much $$ and term . If he was on an expiring contract someone would pay more than a 5th esp with retention but they don't want the contract next yr
Pearson -too much $$, not worth blowing your retention slot on- probably better return using it to broker someone elses deal
Allen would move as insurance if not for the additional year next year. More of an off season move- no value. Hughes will be happy to move him w/o retention for nothing
Evans - could move, if he was a pending UFA he would but Mtl needs the centres right now
Ylonen- maybe part of a bigger deal in off season
Pezz- love him but he is not making a contenders playoff lineup

Reactions: HabsAddict

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

I think he's right, in the way that neither Matheson and Evans get moved unless the trading partner ponies up these assets, because I don't think Kent Hughes actually want to move these guys two players, but if someone is willing to drastically overpay...

Some players gets moved for less than their value, Tarasenko being a prime example. Some players gets moved for more than their value.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
I doubt more than 1 of these guys gets moved if any

Savard- probably worth the 1st retained but not sure Mtl wants to move him unless blown away by offer
Matheson- they are not moving him yet until a kid steps up in the Offensive dman role
Armia to much $$ and term . If he was on an expiring contract someone would pay more than a 5th esp with retention but they don't want the contract next yr
Pearson -too much $$, not worth blowing your retention slot on- probably better return using it to broker someone elses deal
Allen would move as insurance if not for the additional year next year. More of an off season move- no value. Hughes will be happy to move him w/o retention for nothing
Evans - could move, if he was a pending UFA he would but Mtl needs the centres right now
Ylonen- maybe part of a bigger deal in off season
Pezz- love him but he is not making a contenders playoff lineup
Thanks for your constructive input , unlike other trolls

I think he's right, in the way that neither Matheson and Evans get moved unless the trading partner ponies up these assets, because I don't think Kent Hughes actually want to move these guys two players, but if someone is willing to drastically overpay...

Some players gets moved for less than their value, Tarasenko being a prime example. Some players gets moved for more than their value.
In my asking they are all overpayed

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
It’ll be fun to circle back on this thread after the deadline.
If anything, should none of these players get moved, that would strongly prove HIS point, in that Montreal wouldn't move them unless they fetch more than they reasonably should.

• Haha
Reactions: Xirik

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Sometimes I wonder why the Habs aren't perennial contenders with some of the player assessments on these boards...
Sometimes I wonder why most of the mainboard hasn't been hired as part of management from NHL teams with some of their player assessments regarding Habs players. That being said yes most of those values from OP are way off.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Sometimes I wonder why most of the mainboard hasn't been hired as part of management from NHL teams with some of their player assessments regarding Habs players. That being said yes most of those values from OP are way off.
Let me guess , you though Monahan was worth a 3rd ?? yeah notice

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Or it could mean they aren't wanted that badly around the league.
Both statements can be simultaneously true.

But you'll notice that the "Leafs will give a 1st for Savard" has gained a lot of traction in the last days, and usually, when insiders leak that a Canadiens player will fetch a price, that player fetches that price.

Reactions: viceroy and CDN24

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Let me guess , you though Monahan was worth a 3rd ?? yeah notice
The first part of my post was sarcastic, mainboard is always wrong about Habs players' value. The evaluations in many of these players in your post are still way off, you're not getting a 5th and a 3rd for Ylonen and Pezz respectively they are healthy scratch players.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
The first part of my post was sarcastic, mainboard is always wrong about Habs players' value. The evaluations in many of these players in your post are still way off, you're not getting a 5th and a 3rd for Ylonen and Pezz respectively they are healthy scratch players.
ok check this out
A 5th rd pick is worth nothing the % of making the NHL is really low so a player like Ylonen (2rd pick) NHL caliber is worth a 5th
Pezz is somehting special, Habs will never put him on waiver , he bring grid, IF a team wants him then they will have to pay the price.

the cost for an unavailable anderson must be astronomical
he's just untradable

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
ok check this out
A 5th rd pick is worth nothing the % of making the NHL is really low so a player like Ylonen (2rd pick) NHL caliber is worth a 5th
Pezz is somehting special, Habs will never put him on waiver , he bring grid, IF a team wants him then they will have to pay the price.
Ok check this out, if Pezzetta can't even be a regular on one of the worst teams in the league, why the f*** would a team give up a 3rd for him? Who cares about where Ylonen was drafted? Would you sign former 1st OA Yakupov right now?

Yes Habs won't waive Pezz, especially since they need forwards to finish the team. You can't just ice like 6 forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad