Confirmed Signing with Link: [MTL] Sebastian Aho signs an offer sheet with the Canadiens (5 years, $8.454M AAV) - Pt. 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Is the signing bonus an obstacle at all? The term sucks bit the AAV is a good deal for Aho.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Yeah, we planned for a higher OS.

Considering the Canes' offers for Aho I highly doubt they wanted a 5 year term, they probably could've bargained for more. The cap hit in this offer sheet is definitely too low for them to consider anything other than matching it but the terms (5 years, front loading, max signing bonus) won't make them jump around in joy.

Reactions: Seanaconda

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
3 possibilities: (and yes iithought of two and three as I wrote my conspiracy theory esque number 1).

1. There has to be something more to this that the public doesn't know. Bergevin has some sinside knowledge about the hurricanes or Dundon's short term cash flow (liquidable assets and cash/cash equivalents) as the AAV is in my mind a perfectly fair deal for both team and player.

2. Bergevin is like whatever if they don't match it low risk high reward but low likelihood.

3. Bergevin much like myself simply enjoys chaos.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I'm torn between 2 desires:

A. Wanting Waddell to string Montreal along, make them think it might actually happen, and then pull the rug out from under them at the last second.

B. Calling a press conference where Dundon walks in with a guitar case full of cash, drops it on the podium and walks out with both middle fingers held high in the air

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Smart move by Aho. Given his point production, he SHOULD be paid that much. Waddell probably played hardball and set a max of $6 or $7 million. Most likely will be matched, and Aho should be paid appropriately.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
The Flyers signed Weber on July 18th. The Preds didn't match until the 24th. This may drag on into the weekend.

I do hope for a confrontational press release at that time. Nashville's actions and words changed the perception of that organization, imo.

Refresher --> Nashville Predators Match Offer Sheet To Captain Shea Weber

This is an opportunity for Dundon to make a statement about himself and his organization to the fans, players and other teams throughout the league.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Another reason they may not have matched is they need to pay the signing bonus within 5 days after they do. While Dundon has the assets he may need more than 5 days to come up with the cash/money in the bank to transfer without disrupting his other business ventures

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
I'm torn between 2 desires:

A. Wanting Waddell to string Montreal along, make them think it might actually happen, and then pull the rug out from under them at the last second.

B. Calling a press conference where Dundon walks in with a guitar case full of cash, drops it on the podium and walks out with both middle fingers held high in the air

Montreal knows it won't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad