Value of: MTL Scherbak vs Def

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
bordering 4/5s are bottom pair guys because unless you have a solid top-4, you'll be sticking bottom pairing caliber guys in top-4 spots.
Just cause a guy plays a certain spot in the lineup doesn't mean that's how good they are see malkin, kadri, parayko. They play lower in the lineup considering how good they are.

I say bordering 4/5s cause they are unproven not cause they don't have the talent.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Just cause a guy plays a certain spot in the lineup doesn't mean that's how good they are see malkin, kadri, parayko. They play lower in the lineup considering how good they are.

I say bordering 4/5s cause they are unproven not cause they don't have the talent.

Again, most teams have "unproven" D guys outside their line-up or in their bottom pair.

Reactions: BabyPanda

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Montreal has a ton of depth defenceman... 5,6,7 guys.

They need help on defence, but they need it to be a top 4 guy.

Scherbak is not getting a top 4 guy. Not now, not without serious additions to the package.

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
No duh. I feel the leafs, have more then most teams you can disagree all you want doesn't change my opinion.

You're entitled to your opinion, but you aren't going to convince anyone by listing off a bunch of names and offering your feelings.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
You're entitled to your opinion, but you aren't going to convince anyone by listing off a bunch of names and offering your feelings.
Don't have to convince anyone.
Some of these guys are good. And through pre season seems like I was right but you will see in the upcoming season don't worry.

Brett44

Feb 11, 2017
Colorado can offer Anton Lindholm LHD who can play RHD. 23 years i like him but i think with signing Cole and Nemeth and the young like Makar,Timmins and Meloche.

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
Don't have to convince anyone.
Some of these guys are good. And through pre season seems like I was right but you will see in the upcoming season don't worry.

Its a trade proposal thread, people are going to appraise values here. There's probably better boards for talking about how great your favourite team is.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Its a trade proposal thread, people are going to appraise values here. There's probably better boards for talking about how great your favourite team is.
Here to inform you that we don't just have too many good forward we have too many good players on d as well(top pair not including).

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Providing your opinion, not informing.
You said we had too many forwards but in reality we have too many of both. Go on the leafs board you will get the same answer.
I don't need to convince you it's going to happen. Someone from our Marlies Calder winning team or singing will be a 4/5 this year. Quote me on it later. The only reason it won't will be because of a trade if it happens.

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
You said we had too many forwards but in reality we have too many of both. Go on the leafs board you will get the same answer.
I don't need to convince you it's going to happen. Someone from our Marlies Calder winning team or singing will be a 4/5 this year. Quote me on it later. The only reason it won't will be because of a trade if it happens.

Too many player =/= Too many good players.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
He is one of the only three natural RW on the Habs with Gallagher and Armia.

They need to figure out who fills the top 3 LW spots (Deslauriers healthy has 4LW locked up) between Drouin, Tatar, Domi, Byron, Lehkonen, Hudon, and DLR. Seven players for three spots.

Until Scherbak gets a shot, his only value is for another youngster who can't crack a lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad