Value of: MTL Scherbak vs Def

Draft Dynasty

Oct 28, 2014
Habs are pretty deep this year on the wings and I could see them trying to move one for a D.

I'm not quit sure what is the value for Scherbak. He's still relatively young big and skills. Is stats are improving slowly year's after year. But he's yet to establish himself as a full time nhler.

Any teams would be interested ?

Draft Dynasty

Oct 28, 2014
You don't trade a guy with his potential before he has had a shot to show what he can do at the NHL level.

It's a gamble for sure.

You got to trade player when they still have value. Also you could get an establish player or a player with potential like him...

Reactions: Fixxer

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Can't see Montreal getting that kind of offer for him now.

If Montreal moves Scherbak, they'd probably want someone thats the same age.

And I don't see why Toronto would want him, they'll have 14 forwards to start the season, and even if they don't, they'll need a spot for Nylander when he signs.

Reactions: Brock Radunske

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
Don’t want to move him but value/need wise,

Caleb Jones?

EDM needs wingers, Scherbak could fit right away (with an adaptation period)

Habs gets a young LHD who increased his value since being a late draft pick

Reactions: BabyPanda

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Not impressed with scherby but I would gamble on him instead of selling low.

QCNords

Oct 19, 2017
Habs are pretty deep this year on the wings and I could see them trying to move one for a D.

I'm not quit sure what is the value for Scherbak. He's still relatively young big and skills. Is stats are improving slowly year's after year. But he's yet to establish himself as a full time nhler.

Any teams would be interested ?

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
I think you shoould lower your expectations a tad. Think Snuggerud/Gilbert or a late round pick.

Chicago wouldn't give Jokiharju up for Scherbak and its too early for them to trade Beaudin, but that's just as unlikely as a prospect of Snuggerud/Gilbert caliber getting Scherbak's caliber.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Can't see Montreal getting that kind of offer for him now.

If Montreal moves Scherbak, they'd probably want someone thats the same age.

And I don't see why Toronto would want him, they'll have 14 forwards to start the season, and even if they don't, they'll need a spot for Nylander when he signs.
honestly we have too many nhl read dman too,
Morgan Rielly
Jake Gardiner
Travis Dermott
Nikita Zaitsev
Ron Hainsey
Connor Carrick
Calle Rosen
Andreas Borgman
Justin Holl
Igor Ozhiganov
Martin Marincin

I firmly believe that most of the latter list could be nhl bottom pairing dman somewhere too.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Can’t see Edmonton being interested in moving Jones. He’s our best LHD prospect, and he played a full season in the AHL on a bad team as a 20 year old and showed real growth this preseason. Trading him for a question mark of a RW when we have lots of question mark RW’s already doesn’t make much sense.

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
honestly we have too many nhl read dman too,
Morgan Rielly
Jake Gardiner
Travis Dermott
Nikita Zaitsev
Ron Hainsey
Connor Carrick
Calle Rosen
Andreas Borgman
Justin Holl
Igor Ozhiganov
Martin Marincin

I firmly believe that most of the latter list could be nhl bottom pairing dman somewhere too.

Maybe, but the bolded is true for most teams in the NHL. Once you get to the Carrick's and Borgman's, you're at replacement level guys or just above. Most teams have 5-7 guys like that either on the bench or in the AHL.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Maybe, but the bolded is true for most teams in the NHL. Once you get to the Carrick's and Borgman's, you're at replacement level guys or just above. Most teams have 5-7 guys like that either on the bench or in the AHL.
Meh idk I think we are just more deep in general. Hard to say about teams I don't watch but I really think we have guys that could play in the NHL.

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
Meh idk I think we are just more deep in general. Hard to say about teams I don't watch but I really think we have guys that could play in the NHL.

I follow the Leafs pretty extensively (living in the city, being a fan of their front office, knowing a lot of fans and some people connected to the team). Their D depth isn't THAT special. If you're listing guys like Carrick, Borgman, Holl, Rosen and Marincin (plus an import like Ozhiganov) as bottom pairing D-men somewhere else too, then I'd hazard a guess that most teams can claim as much bottom pairing D-men depth too. Bottom pairing caliber D-men aren't that rare, which is why they see so much turnover.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
I follow the Leafs pretty extensively (living in the city, being a fan of their front office, knowing a lot of fans and some people connected to the team). Their D depth isn't THAT special. If you're listing guys like Carrick, Borgman, Holl, Rosen and Marincin (plus an import like Ozhiganov) as bottom pairing D-men somewhere else too, then I'd hazard a guess that most teams can claim as much bottom pairing D-men depth too. Bottom pairing caliber D-men aren't that rare, which is why they see so much turnover.
I think some of these guys are bordering 4/5s so not strictly bottom pairing.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
He's big but he's so easy to make him fall on his butt. Physical realy shouldnt be considered like an asset and he's not known foe being able to absorb pain realy well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad