Proposal: MTL/PIT/CAR

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
CD482E12-3200-48B8-A1EF-93DACCFA7CC8.png

Don’t think the canes need trash players like Drouin. At least Wallmark is a good bottom 6 forward.

Mick Jagr

Nice guy, tries hard, loves the game.
Jul 11, 2009
Peterborough, ONT
twitter.com
garbage in my book = a bunch of lesser pieces that fill no role/purpose for our team.

Pierre-Olivier Joseph (LD)---> We are loaded with prospects who are better and are closer to NHL ready. Zero need of POJ.
Gustav Forsling (LD) ----> He isnt better than what we already have on our LD. Mete, Kulak, Chariot would all be expected to beat out Forsling. Then for 7D we have some dude called Folin.
Nick Bjugstad (C,RW) ----> Again, no need whatsoever. At C we have Domi/Danault/Poehling/Kotkaniemi/Suzuki, etc... At RW, we have Gally, Suzuki, Armia, Weal, and even Lehks/Drouin. Then u count in the prospects like Ylonen, yup no need.

So yeah its a whole lot of garbage for a player we need (Drouin).

I agree that this deal doesn't make sense, but who do the Habs have on D that is better and closer to NHL ready than POJ? Having multiple D prospects for a team desperately in need of D isn't a bad thing. Still... not worth giving up Drouin at all!

Reactions: RyderRocks73

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I agree that this deal doesn't make sense, but who do the Habs have on D that is better and closer to NHL ready than POJ? Having multiple D prospects for a team desperately in need of D isn't a bad thing. Still... not worth giving up Drouin at all!

Habs have the 2018 WJHC best dman (Romanov) in the pipe. POJ doesn’t move the needle- not at the expense of Drouin who we need. This is god awful for the Habs. None of those pieces help.

Reactions: HabsAddict

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I can’t imagine Drouin being the type to do the ‘floss’ or ymca after home games, not a canes type player

Reactions: RyderRocks73

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Over his last two seasons, Drouin averages 16 goals, 34 assists, 50 points

Justin Williams averages 20 goals, 33 assists, 53 points

Dzingle averages 25 goals, 24 assists, 49 points

Haula (removing 18-19 because he did not play) averages 22 goals, 19 assists, 41 points

I fail to see what vastly separates any of these players from each other in terms of offensive production
Age. Williams is an old man now. Dzingel or Haula are good, but didn't produce at the same pace at Drouin's age. Drouin is entering his prime years now. I like Haula,Dzingel but Drouin is by far the most skilled player, it's like people didn't watch him this year or only watched his last 25 games...

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Drouin himself is garbage so that would make sense. POJ is nice tho.

Change POJ to POS and it’s a more accurate representation of the trade value. Habs would never make a dumb trade like that. POJ is a B prospect and hardly a prospect to target.

Drouin will stay a Hab.

Last edited:

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
We don't need another middle 6 C. We need Top3 fwd.

A bonafide 1st line RW would cost us an arm and a leg. A prohibitive price for a re-building team which we still are. Think the price for someone like Laine.

Lawl I wouldn’t do that trade even with the Pen’s first round pick included.

Sure. Great idea. We always use another 28 year old 3C when we have KK (18), Denault (25), Domi (23), Poehling (20) knocking on the door and Weal clawing his way into 3C...

What I'm suggesting is using him as a 2nd line RW. His abilities and size might prove very useful replacing Shaw, also a Centre at times, on Domi's line.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
A bonafide 1st line RW would cost us an arm and a leg. A prohibitive price for a re-building team which we still are. Think the price for someone like Laine.

What I'm suggesting is using him as a 2nd line RW. His abilities and size might prove very useful replacing Shaw, also a Centre at times, on Domi's line.

Drouin has been healthier while outproducing him every year and potential wise, it’s not even close. Drouin is also locked up at 5.5 for another 4 years (I think it is 4?)

I mean, I just don’t see how this trade makes us better now or in the future. To me, it is a pure downgrade on skills and age.

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
Drouin has been healthier while outproducing him every year and potential wise, it’s not even close. Drouin is also locked up at 5.5 for another 4 years (I think it is 4?)

I mean, I just don’t see how this trade makes us better now or in the future. To me, it is a pure downgrade on skills and age.

It's not much skill as skill-set, attitude and regularity. We pretty much know what we have in Drouin, he's very skilled but is another small Winger and has trouble with consistency over a season. In addition Montreal's spotlight hasn't helped. Bergevin's big conference when we first got him was a step in the wrong direction.

Bjugstad on the other side is a big body who plays solid either as Centre or for this purpose RW. Low maintenance and definitely a Julien-type guy but in the best sense possible.

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC
Drouin + 2nd for that pile of garbage?? Ez NO

Was sergachev garbage? PO is an high end prospect and bust jad can fill a hole. A 3rd rounder is worthless. It basically comes down to drouin for PO which is very similar to serge for drouin.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
On ld. Romanov

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
It's not much skill as skill-set, attitude and regularity. We pretty much know what we have in Drouin, he's very skilled but is another small Winger and has trouble with consistency over a season. In addition Montreal's spotlight hasn't helped. Bergevin's big conference when we first got him was a step in the wrong direction.

Bjugstad on the other side is a big body who plays solid either as Centre or for this purpose RW. Low maintenance and definitely a Julien-type guy but in the best sense possible.

If you think Bjugstad is the definition of a hard-working, big, physical two-way winger/center you are in for a rude awaking. He’s just a slower, less skilled Drouin.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
:pens
Lucas Wallmark (C)
CAR 2020 2nd
MTL 2021 3rd

:habs
Pierre-Olivier Joseph (LD)
Gustav Forsling (LD)
Nick Bjugstad (C,RW)

:canes
Jonathan Drouin (LW,RW,C)

PIT needs to clear cap space and replace Bjugstad at centre and they do that with Wallmark. They lose a high end prospect trading POJ, but they add two draft picks.
CAR desperately needs to add a high end forward, they do that with Drouin. They give up some valuable pieces, but nothing that will keep them from improving.
MTL gets what they need the most. LHDs. Bjugstad is a nice add for them. He'll get 40 pts for them and is versatile.

I could see giving up Bjugstad and going to Wallmark. Not sure I like it, but w/e. But there's no reason to include POJ and get a 2nd/3rd in return. POJ as an almost ready NHL prospect is worth a lot more than that to us.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Howsabout something around Bjugstad and Drouin? Maybe the Pens add in a 2nd? Drouin's ceiling is much higher but I like Bjugstad's consistency and I think Julien will as well. In addition Drouin might hit his groove in Pittsburgh.
Habs do not need another middle six center. Would rather hope that Drouin rebounds from the 2nd half of last season. Easy pass from Montreal.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
This chart means nothing

He's a sore loser, let him be, he just spitting on MTL evertimes he got a chance... His life must be miserable.

As for the OP; I believe MTL is giving the best piece in the deal while we don't have many good wingers right now,so we decline.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
*2/3rds down*

We're giving up nothing really, what on earth are we getting-

*sees Drouin*

oh hell yes!

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
We need NHL-ready LHD that are better than Chiarot, Mete and Kulak to play on the first pairing with Weber.

Well, except Weber isn't being deployed as a 5 on 5 top pairing D anymore. We need the top pairing D to play next to Petry.

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
If you think Bjugstad is the definition of a hard-working, big, physical two-way winger/center you are in for a rude awaking. He’s just a slower, less skilled Drouin.

Maybe I'm just mismembering. I thought he had a decent run as a RW, usually he's a C, in Florida.

Habs do not need another middle six center. Would rather hope that Drouin rebounds from the 2nd half of last season. Easy pass from Montreal.

But we're not full of small LW's? Was hoping Bjugstad would play as a RW for us.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Doubt the deal happens. I really can't see any team taking on Drouin's contract at this point.
Huh? Drouin has positive value. His contract is good value for what he does. He's a major disappointment given his talent level, but he's not overpaid.

Reactions: BHD

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad