Confirmed with Link: [MTL/NYI] Thomas Vanek & cond'l 5th for Sebastian Collberg & cond'l 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I was on the bus on my way to QC City to chill a friend when the trade broke down but wow I wasn't expecting that at all. I tip my hat to Bergevin and his management for this trade deadline. Dubnyk for literally nothing was a solid pick-up. Weaver for a 5th brought a lot of depth but this move wow. We've been saying that we need to add some size and scoring for how long now? I wanted Vanek at the start of the season and I would have never expected him to actually play for the CH ever. We got a steal here, the fact that we were able to land him without giving away Eller, a 1st or one of our top prospects blows my mind. Bergevin looks like a genius here. When I learned about Vanek coming to MTL and Eller being a healthy scratch, I got really scared we would trade Eller for him. Bergevin pulled a rabbit out of his ass. I think with this trade we're top contenders in the East and I could realistically see Montreal reaching the SCF finals without being a homer. We have a two 35+ goal scorers, a Norris winner, a solid #2D, one of the best goalies in the world, one of the best two way center in the game and one of the best 4th line in the NHL. We also have a ton of experience on offense and D and a group of players that fit well with the type of grinding game we play.

Vanek gives us a lot of possibilities up front.

I would go with:
EGG Line
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Vanek
Briere - Plekanec - Gionta
Prust - White - Moen

or

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher
Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Vanek
Briere - Eller - Gionta
Prust - White - Moen

ANYWAY GO HABS GO :yo:

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
Number 20 does not have a good track record. Mike Johnson lasted for a season. Bryan Smolinski lasted 1 season. Robert Lang lasted half a season (injury). Ryan O'Byrne with number 20 lasted 1 season. Jay Leach lasted like 3 games. Colby Armstrong lasted a season.

Is this a sign of things to come? :naughty:

You forgot about Richard Zednik. My favorite Hab growing up.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Number 20 does not have a good track record. Mike Johnson lasted for a season. Bryan Smolinski lasted 1 season. Robert Lang lasted half a season (injury). Ryan O'Byrne with number 20 lasted 1 season. Jay Leach lasted like 3 games. Colby Armstrong lasted a season.

the Little M, back in the day had #20

and he was gold

dunner

Jul 4, 2012
Let's not forget that IF we cannot resign Vanek that i'm sure by the draft management will know this and probably ship out his negoitation rights. All in all, either way big win on deadline day!

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

#20 Pete Mahovlich was a frikkin beast back in the day! The second letter of Vanek and Mahovlich's names is "a" -- can't be simple coincidence!

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Vanek gives us a lot of possibilities up front.

I would go with:
EGG Line
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Vanek
Briere - Plekanec - Gionta
Prust - White - Moen

or

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher
Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Vanek
Briere - Eller - Gionta
Prust - White - Moen

ANYWAY GO HABS GO :yo:

Yeah, but you probably should have done yours up starting with Vanek on the left wing. You don't sign a player as productive as him and try to get fancy by swapping him mid-season to the other wing, lol.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Islander fans, they're worse than we are:

1509808_10203158603023816_1648156622_n.jpg

:laugh:

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011

Nah.

Look at the progression of 11.;)

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Yeah, but you probably should have done yours up starting with Vanek on the left wing. You don't sign a player as productive as him and try to get fancy by swapping him mid-season to the other wing, lol.

He plays both wings though doesn't he? I don't see Pacioretty or Galchenyuk being moved on the right. It makes sense to keep him on LW with Plekanec though which I wouldn't be against. But if Therrien wants to run his best possible line offensively and reunite the EGG line. Montreal can afford Vanek playing on the RW.

Anyway I'm too lazy to look it up but is the conditionnal 5th round based on if Vanek doesn't re-sign with us?

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Vanek is the best thing to happen to Pacioretty right now.

Good luck, #3/#4 defensemen of the league trying to defend Pacioretty.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Are you guys actually superstitious or is all this talk of numbers just sarcasm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad