Confirmed Trade: [MTL/NSH] PK Subban for Shea Weber - Pt. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrible GM

Jul 10, 2013
Maritimes
Love PK and Weber, but this trade stinks really bad for Montreal. IF Montreal had more talent in the Top 6, and were in a win/contend now situation I would like the move, but the are rather weak up front. I don't get this move. PK for Hall would have been so much better.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Two GMs do the unthinkable. I wonder how this idea was born and how they did sell that trade option to each other... like: listen, we both have elite player, everything is fine in the locker room, this could go on forever but let's just trade one for one to freak out the hockeyworld?!

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Montreal gets better of deal for 2-3 years, Nashville after that.

You would think Montreal thinks it is in win now mode..?

Maybe they are. Weber gives them a much more legitimate presence and leader in front of Price. They need a few more forwards and will be in the playoffs for certain. Not sure with Subban they would.

I like this for the Habs believe it or not, changes face of their franchise, and makeup of team.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
June 29, 1990-The Canadiens trade Chris Chelios
June 29, 2016-The Canadiens trade p.k. subban

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Bergevin is seriously the worst GM in the league.

I thought Benning was the worst GM in the league, but he may not even be bottom-three.

Bergevin made one of the single worst trades ever. The Hall deal today was bad, but at least there is some thin justification. This though...just amazingly bad.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Montreal gets better of deal for 2-3 years, Nashville after that.

You would think Montreal thinks it is in win now mode..?

Maybe they are. Weber gives them a much more legitimate presence and leader in front of Price. They need a few more forwards and will be in the playoffs for certain. Not sure with Subban they would.

I like this for the Habs believe it or not, changes face of their franchise, and makeup of team.

I don't see how they get anything better.

Poochie_D

Oct 31, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Calm down everyone. Weber is a better defenseman right now, allows Montreal to have more cap space and coincidentally, Montreal's window is in the next 3 years. This is a good move for Montreal. Maybe value is a bit off but come on this is two superstars. This is nothing close to a ''fleece''

Exactly.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I woke up from a nap and wake up to both these trades... what's wrong with people, bad fits for both teams. (EDM-NJD/MTL-NSH)

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Bergevin is an idiot. PK donated 10 mill and this is how he gets treated.

The montreal front office obviously has something against pk. What a joke. They should all be fired. I'm sure it is coming soon.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Weber is only 4 years older than Subban and is better, what is so horrible about this trade for Montreal? Has Weber fallen off that much?

Weber is not better now.... Likely isn't going to change as he gets older.

Weber has a great reputation that isn't backed up anymore by his on ice play.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Maybe this will be Weber's chance to win his Norris since the excuse of "don't see them play much in the west" argument will be out the window

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Calm down everyone. Weber is a better defenseman right now, allows Montreal to have more cap space and coincidentally, Montreal's window is in the next 3 years. This is a good move for Montreal. Maybe value is a bit off but come on this is two superstars. This is nothing close to a ''fleece''

I agree they're probably better the upcoming season with Weber. Their window is now and they just finished 9th last in the league. They better hurry up and take advantage of Price and Weber while they still can.

Yog S'loth

Sep 7, 2005
Southern California
I was out of pocket for a couple hours - just tuning in to this news.

I am... confused as to the benefit for Montreal. Slightly lower cap hit?

Love Weber as a player, as anyone should, but... how is this not a step backwards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad