Proposal: MTL & NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
What we have in mass, you also have, so we ain't good trading partners, but value wise, Caufield + Slafkovsky + something is more than enough
And you actually give that up?

Also doesn't fit under our cap + Mercer and Mcleod needs new contracts.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
I would not, obviously.

Nemec is better than everything we have right now, but we have Mailloux and Reinbacher coming up soon, on the right side. They ain't Nemec, but getting Nemec is not good enough to ofset the loss of Caufield + Slafkovsky
Ok, so they main point that made this thing go on for way too long outside of one comment from one poster saying Montreal basically could offer up their entire team and not get Nemac, was that there is no trade Montreal would make to get him.

So ignoring the crazies, there is no trade that Montreal would make to get Nemac. This was a lot of pages wasted on something that most sane people agree would never happen, like 7 digital trees worth.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
I actually do know the package that Montreal could offer for Nemec upon which both teams would agree, but unfortunately you all don’t deserve to know what it is.

giphy.gif

LesCanadiens

Hardcore Curmudgeon
Feb 27, 2002
West Kelowna
What we have in mass, you also have, so we ain't good trading partners, but value wise, Caufield + Slafkovsky + something is more than enough
Slafkovsky PLUS. That's a joke. Isn't Slafkovsky the player the Devils brass wanted and settled for Nemec? Seriously, let these typical trolling clowns on the main boards yap all they want. Slafkovsky is dominating play right now playing vs the best lines on the other teams.

Many of us who actually paid attention all along saw this coming. He has 10 points in his last 15 games and no end in sight. Big kids from europe take time. And his time has come. I can assure you and anyone, Hughes would immediately reject a straight up trade for Nemec let alone with a "+". And I'm not so sure the Devils would do so the other way. But regardless. Typical cesspool of uninformed opinions on the main boards. And I wish Hab fans would stop posting these trade scenario's. The main boards are notoriously unfriendly to us due to our sheer number of fans and 24 cups.

Any Devils fan who watched todays game and is being honest, would admit that Slafkovsky was awesome. Well, this is now the norm for long enough to be the norm.

I'm outta here now. Too much unintelligent BS in this thread by both fanbases. Slaf will do all the talking for me going forward. Best of luck to Nemec. Looks like a good one and a good kid.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
try without caufield. devils can't fit his salary in.

players with a similar salary and without trade protection are j.hughes, hischier, bratt and meier (until summer). i prefer the first three over caufield and meier needs to get fully healthy and rebound to garner a fair return.

so caufield can't be part of the trade from my pov.

Last edited:

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Slafkovsky PLUS. That's a joke. Isn't Slafkovsky the player the Devils brass wanted and settled for Nemec? Seriously, let these typical trolling clowns on the main boards yap all they want. Slafkovsky is dominating play right now playing vs the best lines on the other teams.

Many of us who actually paid attention all along saw this coming. He has 10 points in his last 15 games and no end in sight. Big kids from europe take time. And his time has come. I can assure you and anyone, Hughes would immediately reject a straight up trade for Nemec let alone with a "+". And I'm not so sure the Devils would do so the other way. But regardless. Typical cesspool of uninformed opinions on the main boards. And I wish Hab fans would stop posting these trade scenario's. The main boards are notoriously unfriendly to us due to our sheer number of fans and 24 cups.

Any Devils fan who watched todays game and is being honest, would admit that Slafkovsky was awesome. Well, this is now the norm for long enough to be the norm.

I'm outta here now. Too much unintelligent BS in this thread by both fanbases. Slaf will do all the talking for me going forward. Best of luck to Nemec. Looks like a good one and a good kid.
slafkovsky is the element from montreal, that imo the devils are/were missing. they tried to fill that gap with meier. so far with uninspiring results. i never was an advocate of the meier trade, as meier and hischier showed no chemistry on the ice for the swiss national team and both hughes and meier are high volume shooters.

before the draft the devils was basically split into three camps and slafkovsky had the most supporters. nemec and jiricek. the centers wright and cooley were not in high demand because of hischier and hughes. i was in the jiricek camp before the draft.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Slafkovsky has

82 games 9 Goals 17 Assists 26pts

going by the combined brain power of you three the habs should trade Slafkovsky away cause he was garbage for 85% of his games and you already have Anderson for what he brings.

I feel sorry for the majority of the Habs fans on this site. They get to live with this infestation 24/7
Hahaha so bitter! :)

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
Try again Baboonmaster.

Not cool man. If that's the attitude you're bringing keep it to yourself. I expect better from some guy we even let on the Habs boards sometimes.

Holtz for Savard maybe I'd do. But Holtz looks soft also. Not thrilled about it

Yeah the Devils are Charmin soft. After watching the WJC gold medal game I think Lane Hutson could physically slap around the NJD.

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
There is no combination of assets Montreal has (short of like idk, Slaf and multiple unprotected firsts) that I would trade Nemec for.

Less than zero interest moving a dude who looks this good less than two dozen games into his NHL career.

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
Habs looked at Nemec & passed. Furthermore they have an abundance of D talent at all levels. Rebuilds are a marathon not a race.

And look If you don’t know the game or the teams involved don’t post to inflame, your really letting the rest of us know your…ummm, interest in the game.

half witted trade proposals are posted by every fan base it just brings out those who like flaming…and really questionable hockey IQ.
cheers.

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North

i was a big Slafkovsky hater last year and beginning of this year but credit to the kid and management lately hes been our best player on most nights playing against the opposition best lines and hes still learning and improving loving the pick right now and admit i was complelety wrong about him

Nemec didnt have hes best game yesterday but that kid is the real deal i would easily trade Reinbacher + for him ( i know NJ woudlnt do it )

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
One bad game makes his career so far?

Well when you're told all day long that someone's the best in his Draft year and that there isn't a single or even multiple Habs players put together that can match him. Well... It's amusing to say the least to see that this monster superstar has clay feet.

I'm capable of remembering things that happened more than 12 hours ago like, for example, the other 20 games he’s played this season.

So you're saying some things help you forget his performance from last night? I hear whiskey's good for that too.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Slafkovsky has

82 games 9 Goals 17 Assists 26pts

going by the combined brain power of you three the habs should trade Slafkovsky away cause he was garbage for 85% of his games and you already have Anderson for what he brings.

I feel sorry for the majority of the Habs fans on this site. They get to live with this infestation 24/7
Slafs is 11 in 16 since being put on the first line and first PP.

Edit: Only read the first paragraph. Didn’t realized it was a shot at people making fun of Nemec’s game yesterday. We gucci.

Reactions: Xirik
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad