Proposal: MTL & NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Nemec is worth more than anything MTL could scrape together in a trade.
Come on now, relax.
I was in Luke Hughes thread pumping the brakes while saying Nemec was much better at this point last year and got shit on by your fan base.
But, that's overrating him.

Habs have some very valuable piece like Suzuki, Slafkovsky, Dach, Caufield, Guhle, Reinbacher.
Surely we could put together a stupid offer that would be too good to refuse.

Nemec is an incredible young player, but it's not like he's guaranteed to be the next Lidstrom either... pump the brakes!!

Devils won't trade Nemec, but Caufield is probably a perennial 50g guy in Jersey with the team they have built.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Come on now, relax.
I was in Luke Hughes thread pumping the brakes while saying Nemec was much better at this point last year and got shit on by your fan base.

Habs have some very valuable piece like Suzuki, Slafkovsky, Dach, Caufield, Guhle, Reinbacher.

Nemec is an incredible young player, but it's not like he's guaranteed to be the next Lidstrom either... pump the brakes!!

Devils won't trade Nemec, but Caufield is probably a perennial 50g guy in Jersey with the team they have built.
You really couldn’t. Not when factoring in the salary cap. Nemec is way better than anything you could offer and is on an ELC.

well CC is worth a bit more then Nemec TBH
He’s a 5 foot 2 wing making almost 8 million dollars a year. No he isn’t.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Come on now, relax.

i am not interested in caufield. he is no perennial 50g guy. if you refer to him as a perennial 50g guy, i refer to nemec as a healthy modern version of bobby orr.

holtz has produced more than caufield 5vs5 this year. caufield has a cap hit of nearly 8 million. adding caufield would require a trade of a high salary player like jack hughes, hischier, meier or bratt. hamilton and palat have trade protection and can't be moved to make the cap work. same is true for suzuki.

devils won't trade nemec for anything you are willing to offer. nothing.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
well CC is worth a bit more then Nemec TBH
A Slafy trade where Montreal gives up the most valuable player?!??!

Pinch me I'm dreaming.

Anyway, The Devils don't need another small forward especially to play along with Hughes. Perhaps if Caufield was the "40+ goal scorer" that has been promised year after year there would be some interest.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
And nemec is much more valuable asset than caufield, I’d say holtz is more valuable than barron too
Nemec a shot down RD compare to a Goal scorer is a decent ask.
Holzt and Barron are both playing decent and i beleive they are worth about the same

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
MTL : Caufield + Barron
for
NJ : Nemec + Holtz

CC with Hughes would be great

Nemec with Guhle would be awesome

Barron and Holzt replace the other needs lost in this trade.
Habs need to add but anyone suggesting Caufield isn’t valuable is nuts. He’s a legit 30 goal threat ever season. He’ll get to 40 a few times too. Elite shooter.

OP over values Barron. Under values both NJ pieces.

Reactions: NjdevilfanJim

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Nemec is worth more than anything MTL could scrape together in a trade.
Habs fans get very upset at comments like this lol no matter how true it is.
Come on now, relax.

Classic.

Now put together an offer that complies with the cap and that you'd actually give up for Nemec. You can't.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Dear Lord. Why make proposals just to make proposals ?

Overall, Montreal wouldn't look at a deal like this - if they move D for firepower, it'll be because of a surplus of quality young D and a lack up front, not flipping a D and an F for a D and an F.

Barron for Holz would be at least positionnally logical for Montreal (though I'm making no claims about value)

Reactions: jfhabs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad