Proposal: MTL needs n options

Dominicr

Nov 23, 2017
If Pacioretty was signed for 5 years @ 5 M he would be worth more then the 10th alone. The chance of that pick turning into an equivalent player is less than 30%.

The chance of him signing for 5 million is about 0 if Kane just got 7. That’s my point.

Reactions: MSSLYNX

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
The chance of him signing for 5 million is about 0 if Kane just got 7. That’s my point.

You said if he was signed at 5M for 5years it would be a fair trade for the 10th, that's why I reacted. But I agree there's no chance he signs for 5M a year.

Bargainbin

1 FOR 1
Jun 17, 2017
Saying you'd rather have a guy who isn't as good as svechnikov over svech because of his right handed shot isnt the best thing

Allhailtheleafs

Feb 18, 2018
So y
Yeah cause Tavares,Barzal and Zadina would be a beast of a defense..oh, wait :sarcasm:

Isles biggest needs are top 4D and goaltending .
Not trading top assets for deals that do not address those needs.

So your telling me you having nothing else of value on your team? Btw, have you recently looked at the penguins mild if winning a Stanley cup? Defence is necessary but so is a strong offensive force. The combination of defence and offence is lethal, but you can win by either being defensively dominant or offesively dominant. To my knowledge, offence has been winning recently

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
So y

So your telling me you having nothing else of value on your team? Btw, have you recently looked at the penguins mild if winning a Stanley cup? Defence is necessary but so is a strong offensive force. The combination of defence and offence is lethal, but you can win by either being defensively dominant or offesively dominant. To my knowledge, offence has been winning recently
Isles have one of the stronger top 6 offenses. Not interested in moving top trade assets for forwards or forward prospects, when top 4D and goaltending are such huge concerns.

Find another trade partner.

Allhailtheleafs

Feb 18, 2018
Isles have one of the stronger top 6 offenses. Not interested in moving top trade assets for forwards or forward prospects, when top 4D and goaltending are such huge concerns.

Find another trade partner.
Lets look at better offensive groups
Winnipeg
Toronto
Pittsburg
Tampa
Washington
Dallas
Boston
Nashville
Philadelphia
Columbus
That's 8 teams, the rest are arguable. If your offence was that good, you would've made the playoffs. I'm a leaf fan, notice we have bad defence. Still made the playoffs cause of a powerhouse offence

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
As I said, its not a good trade. Still, zadina isn't cheap. Atleast say something more constructive like, we don't need more forwards, we need defenceman and a goalie. which are available at 11, and 12. Don't kid yourself tho, a forward group consisting of taveres, barzal and zadina would be crazy
dont kid yourself, we are not in the business of helping montreal with their problems We have 4 picks in the first 2 rounds for a reason, we are not giving up 3 of them for a forward, if through some miracle Dahlin falls to #3 and that idiot Bergevin decides to pass on Dahlin, then and only then we might be interested

but the odds of that occurring as you know are approaching 1 in a billion so I suggest you not get your hopes up. I know Lou Lamourello certainly isnt losing any sleep over it

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Winnipeg
Toronto
Pittsburg
Tampa
Washington
Dallas
Boston
Nashville
Philadelphia
Columbus
That's 8 teams, the rest are arguable. If your offence was that good, you would've made the playoffs. I'm a leaf fan, notice we have bad defence. Still made the playoffs cause of a powerhouse offence

considering that we were 8th in goals for, your assertions are incorrect especially since we outscored 2 of the teams on your list ,including columbus by 22 goals

the fact that we were last in goals against far outweighs anything you have to say as ridiculous and inconsequential

Last edited:

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
He would, but Nuge is also great on his wing. That lw spot next to Mcjesus is taken.

I watch McDavid with Nuge and although they are somewhat productive I think it only points out how well McDavid would do with a pure finisher on his wing. Nuge is a pass first centre that is trying to turn himself into a shoot first winger. Square peg, round hole. Pacioretty scores well off the rush and well off the cycle, the 2 things McDavid is great at setting up. They'd be a match made in heaven.

Hard to value Patch vs the 10OA pick. From a Montreal perspective, that's giving up a 35 goal scorer for a big question mark. No. 10 in this year's draft doesn't guarantee you anything. If Kotkaniemi is still there I could see the trade happening on the floor. But otherwise I think Montreal would want more of a surefire return, even if it meant giving up more on their end.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Winnipeg
Toronto
Pittsburg
Tampa
Washington
Dallas
Boston
Nashville
Philadelphia
Columbus

Isles scored 3.2 goals a game. Tied wirh Nashville and slightly better then Washington's 3.1 goals a game.
Flyers scored 3.0 goals a game.

Not sure where you are getting your stats,but you are incorrect.

https://www.foxsports.com/nhl/team-...ry=SCORING&group=1&time=0&pos=0&team=1&page=1

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Priority number one: Montreal needs to trade Pacioretty for the modest center prospect and first he's likely to return at the draft--maybe take on an expiring UFA to squeeze a bit more value. But they need to move on. Waiting until the deadline isn't going to add any significant value, it's just going to be a distraction.

They need to sign Paul Stastny to a very lucrative three year deal (crazy money) and they need to sign a reclamation D short-term and stay away from the Karl Alzners of the UFA market. You'll hate it, but Jack Johnson fits here. So does Thomas Hickey, but he'll cost more. No rebuild, no stupid trades, no long term commitments. If they can turn one or two of those 2nds into another center, do it. But the Habs need to be conservative and stick to the plan of riding Price and Weber to the playoffs like they intended. If they do, they might make it.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Pacioretty is worth way more than a 10 OA pick, you guys are out to lunch.
then keep him

the more time goes on the more I realize that 90% of all canadien fans are liars, oh there are a few good ones, and they know who they are, but the rest of you are as two faced as they come

the facts are thus, pacioretty is only worth what somebody will give for him. and thats true for every player who ever walked on the face of the earth. youre only worth what someone is willing to pay. nothing you can say or do changes that simple fact.

but so many of you say no hes worth more than that and your never satisfied. but at the same time almost NONE of you are willing to keep him. you cant have it both ways you either hve a value you honestly see that hes worth . and you either get it or you dont. if you do you trade him, if you dont you keep him. but so many of you want him gone and you keep saying the offers are bad, but the thing is he is only worth what somebody is willing to pay that has been the rule of the market since time began

you dont get to change the rules just because you dont want to keep him.

at this point most fans wouldnt give you jack squat for him simply because we dont like the games your playing. We've had to live by the same rules : " your only worth what somene is willing to pay" and so shoul you. so if you dont like whats offered, dont b*tch. just keep him

Last edited:

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
then keep him

the more time goes on the more I realize that 90% of all canadien fans are liars, oh there are a few good ones, and they know who they are, but the rest of you are as two faced as they come

the facts are thus, pacioretty is only worth what somebody will give for him. and thats true for every player who ever walked on the face of the earth. youre only worth what someone is willing to pay. nothing you can say or do changes that simple fact.

but so many of you say no hes worth more than that and your never satisfied. but at the same time almost NONE of you are willing to keep him. you cant have it both ways you either hve a value you honestly see that hes worth . and you either get it or you dont. if you do you trade him, if you dont you keep him. but so many of you want him gone and you keep saying the offers are bad, but the thing is he is only worth what somebody is willing to pay that been the rule of market since time began

you dont get to change the rules just because you dont want to keep him
If we are able to land Tavares then i think we would keep him.

But if Max were to be traded, do you really think a 10 OA toss up that might amount to nothing would get it done? Be realistic, you would have to add a top prospect at the least.

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
If we are able to land Tavares then i think we would keep him.

But if Max were to be traded, do you really think a 10 OA toss up that might ammount to nothing would get it done? Be realistic, you would have to add a top prospect at the least.
tavares has nothing to do with Paciorettys value.

his value in either case is still the same which is what somebody is willing to pay thats the point. its the same for Pacioretty as it is for Tavares you dont get to change the rules of the market just because you dont like them

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
tavares has nothing to do with Paciorettys value.

his vaue in either case is still the same which is what somebody is willing to pay thats the point
His value changes internally for us if we land a true #1 center for him, if we don't then we might as well trade him. And you can rest assured he will fetch more than a 10 OA, that is way undervaluing him, don't listen to the 90% idiot Habs fans you were talking about.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
His value changes internally for us if we land a true #1 center for him, if we don't then we might as well trade him. And you can rest assured he will fetch more than a 10 OA, that is way undervaluing him, don't listen to the 90% idiot Habs fans you were talking about.
see you just said the key point I'll bold it

His value changes internally for us if we land a true #1 center for him,

that is fair and absolutely correct but as you say its an internal factor. it doesnt change his market value at all. because his market value remains the same

whatever the market will bear as it does with any player

I credit you because you are literally the first hab fan Ive seen or talked to who understands that there IS a difference

you cant change the forces of the market just because you dont like the answer its giving you

for example if theres 30 teams that need a center and Tavares is the only one Available hes gonna get paid more than if theres one team that needs a center and there are 25 available, that because the forces of the market doesnt care if Tavares likes it or not.

Last edited:

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
I feel Max P. Is a little overvalued.
29 coming off the worst season of his career.
He is big but isn't very physical and hasn't proven to be a playoff performer. Add the fact that his contract is up soon and hes gonna want a raise.
If Montreal trades him at the draft rather than deadline I don't expect this type of return.
This draft is very deep.Best case scenario is to keep him and hope he bounces back then trade him at deadline for picks and prospects.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad