Proposal: MTL needs n options

LEMELINI

Jan 23, 2018
they needs a talented C , rw ,(righty top 6) and a lefty ld . Draft a rw lefty isn’t my priority for now , I prefer Wahlstrom then Svechnikov and Zadina because is righty rw ! Draft Hughes ld and trade a guy like Petry,2nd round vs Nylander can also be a possibility. Trade max pacc + 3rd round pick to edm for 10th ov or Dallas can be a other possibility, with a 13th ov we have hayton or Veleno or maybe kotka.

Dominicr

Nov 23, 2017
I’m not a fan of Montreal or Edmonton but In no world is patches worth the 10th pick unless he was signed for 5 more years at no more than 5 per year. Especially when Edmonton has that albatross lucic contract on their books.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Allhailtheleafs

Feb 18, 2018
Why not just trade down in the draft... Do a trade with a team like the islanders.
3ov for picks 11,12, and 41. Not saying its a good trade, but if your intent on drafting by team need, there's no need wasting the 3 pic

Btw, when your have a top 3 selection you always take the bpa, you don't draft based on team needs. You save that later picks.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Why not just trade down in the draft... Do a trade with a team like the islanders.
3ov for picks 11,12, and 41. Not saying its a good trade, but if your intent on drafting by team need, there's no need wasting the 3 pic

Btw, when your have a top 3 selection you always take the bpa, you don't draft based on team needs. You save that later picks.
Isles will not be putting together such a ridiculous overpayment for 3OV.

Last edited:

LEMELINI

Jan 23, 2018
If Svechnikov is available, A lot of teams will be interested by him , so trade down for Wahlstrom

Allhailtheleafs

Feb 18, 2018
Isles will not be putting together such a ridiculous overpayment for 3OV.
As I said, its not a good trade. Still, zadina isn't cheap. Atleast say something more constructive like, we don't need more forwards, we need defenceman and a goalie. which are available at 11, and 12. Don't kid yourself tho, a forward group consisting of taveres, barzal and zadina would be crazy

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
they needs a talented C , rw ,(righty top 6) and a lefty ld . Draft a rw lefty isn’t my priority for now , I prefer Wahlstrom then Svechnikov and Zadina because is righty rw ! Draft Hughes ld and trade a guy like Petry,2nd round vs Nylander can also be a possibility. Trade max pacc + 3rd round pick to edm for 10th ov or Dallas can be a other possibility, with a 13th ov we have hayton or Veleno or maybe kotka.
Please tell me you don't mean the Leafs Nylander.....

Reactions: RomanianLeafs

LEMELINI

Jan 23, 2018
I’m not a fan of Montreal or Edmonton but In no world is patches worth the 10th pick unless he was signed for 5 more years at no more than 5 per year. Especially when Edmonton has that albatross lucic contract on their books.
Idk pacc+2nd round 35 vs 10th , I think it’s a good offer

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
As I said, its not a good trade. Still, zadina isn't cheap. Atleast say something more constructive like, we don't need more forwards, we need defenceman and a goalie. which are available at 11, and 12. Don't kid yourself tho, a forward group consisting of taveres, barzal and zadina would be crazy

Yeah cause Tavares,Barzal and Zadina would be a beast of a defense..oh, wait :sarcasm:

Isles biggest needs are top 4D and goaltending .
Not trading top assets for deals that do not address those needs.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015

If Pacioretty was signed for 5 years @ 5 M he would be worth more then the 10th alone. The chance of that pick turning into an equivalent player is less than 30%.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad