Post-Game Talk: MTL nearly shuts out EDM (thanks the for spoiling) 3-1 - Allen first win as a Hab, Romanov 1st goal!

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
As far as I'm concerned, he's right. Weber's slapper isn't what it was anymore, probably because of injuries. And his skating is getting slower, and he wasn't quick to begin with.

Doesn't mean he's done, means he isn't the dominating dman he once was. We all knew it was coming.

Sorry but you and this guy simply sound ridiculous and just cant be serious lol

Guy scores the game winner yesterday, scores a couple of huge playoff goals in august

But boo hoo you guys want bardown clappers because "they're cooler" , jesus f***ing christ lol
I honest to god feel sorry for you guys lol, I cant even imagine complaining because you want "moar slap shots waaaaaah"
Simply wow honestly.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Sorry but you and this guy simply sound ridiculous and just cant be serious lol

Guy scores the game winner yesterday, scores a couple of huge playoff goals in august

But boo hoo you guys want bardown clappers because "they're cooler" , jesus f***ing christ lol
I honest to god feel sorry for you guys lol, I cant even imagine complaining because you want "moar slap shots waaaaaah"
Simply wow honestly.
Not what I said.

Reactions: ItzaGreat

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
That would suck because Klefbom is a great defender. Fucale just didn’t work out sadly.

He has had constant shoulder problems and in his early career he had a staph infection that almost cost him his career. We have had bad luck with injuries
I liked Fucale. I go to Mooseheads games and he was good here. He was low on the depth chart. The HABS had a fella from the WHL who won a Mem Cup as well (Tokarski?)

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
He has had constant shoulder problems and in his early career he had a staph infection that almost cost him his career. We have had bad luck with injuries
I liked Fucale. I go to Mooseheads games and he was good here. He was low on the depth chart. The HABS had a fella from the WHL who won a Mem Cup as well (Tokarski?)

Yeah, Tokarski helped the Chiefs win the cup and hauled a bunch of personal awards also; MVP and top goalie.

From a hockey fan watching from distance, to me, that’s one area the Oilers seem to really struggle with for such a long time. I think things will get better on defence, but don’t think Edmonton has much in the pipeline for between the pipes. I know there’s been some ok goalies in recent history like Dubynk, but I can’t recall anyone great since Ranford.

Reactions: Runner77

Joe Malone

Aug 29, 2002
Mabou....Wawa
Jake Allen last night showed us what he can offer the Habs. In just one game, he made me feel comfortable when he was being challenged. Aside from Niemi's little magic run after being claimed off waivers, it was the first time I didn't feel nervous with the back up goalie. The last time I felt comfortable with the back up getting games was Condon.

Cap hit be damned, he may end up being Bergevin's best acquisition this off-season.
Allen was excellent. I do believe he could be the best off-season acquisition. One thing I haven't seen mentioned, is Allen's puck-handling skills. Not only is he a good puck handler, his style is similar to Price's. That's a plus, as the team won't have to adjust to a different type of puck handler when Allen plays. Makes life easier on the d coming back to pick up the puck.

My 58th year cheering the Habs, so my rose-colored glasses fell off and broke decades ago. Habs are looking good, real good. I was excited in the off-season at the additions made. I'm thrilled after 3 games.

Go Habs Go!

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Allen was excellent. I do believe he could be the best off-season acquisition. One thing I haven't seen mentioned, is Allen's puck-handling skills. Not only is he a good puck handler, his style is similar to Price's. That's a plus, as the team won't have to adjust to a different type of puck handler when Allen plays. Makes life easier on the d coming back to pick up the puck.

My 58th year cheering the Habs, so my rose-colored glasses fell off and broke decades ago. Habs are looking good, real good. I was excited in the off-season at the additions made. I'm thrilled after 3 games.

Go Habs Go!

I also noticed him having good puck handling skills. He wasn't venturing behind the net as often as Price. There were times you saw him stay in his net as the puck was dumped behind him. But there were moments he went back there to stop the puck and pass it to his defensemen.

And that will help because the defense may not feel like they need to adjust the way they play when Allen is in nets.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I couldn’t watch the game since we aren’t allowed to watch Habs games here unless they play the Leafs, but I digress.

Listening to the game, I felt very stressed whenever Edmonton was in our zone. In the end, Allen stood strong, but it’s still going to take adjusting to the fact we got a competent backup.

ItzaGreat

How's your Mario impression?
Oct 22, 2017
World 2 - 3
As far as I'm concerned, he's right. Weber's slapper isn't what it was anymore, probably because of injuries. And his skating is getting slower, and he wasn't quick to begin with.

Doesn't mean he's done, means he isn't the dominating dman he once was. We all knew it was coming.
These guys going " HoW DaRe U SaY WeBeR iS dOnE?" When all I said is the guy is visibly slowing down and reaching the decrease phase of his career.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
These guys going " HoW DaRe U SaY WeBeR iS dOnE?" When all I said is the guy is visibly slowing down and reaching the decrease phase of his career.

Lmao way to backtrack after someone inexplicably agreed to your ridiculous notion about whining and complaining that Weber "hasnt scored a blue line slap shot goal since 2019" discounting all the other goals hes scored since then including last nights game winner
But no go on lmao
200.webp

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal

Shea Weber:

2014/15 0.58 P/GP
2015/16 0.65 P/GP
2016/17 0.54 P/GP
2017/18 0.62 P/GP
2018/19 0.57 P/GP
2019/20 0.55 P/GP
2020/21 1.00 P/GP

So where exactly is he visibly slowing down?

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I thought Allen looked a bit shaky despites the results. maybe that's from being spoiled from Price for so long. He's certainly better than Niemi, and the other bums we have cycled through, but I'm not sold on him yet. He's a New Brunswicker, so I have to root for the guy.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
As far as Weber goes, his canon from the point in the last thing we need to worry about. I've seen no obvious signs of decline there. I think he could be teeing up 100 mph slapshots well into his 40's. This just isn't a typical area of decline imo. He might take a bit longer to get it off in the future, but I don't think we are even close to that point. As long as he's a NHLer, his shot will always be a weapon.

Halakitlikethat

Oct 10, 2013
British Columbia
Weber has his heavy shot still but either misses the net or shoots it into the goalies chest. I’m curious though what happens throughout the year now that he’s not the only shooting threat on the pp. in my opinion his biggest strength is his defence and penalty killing ability.

Reactions: ItzaGreat

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
Weber has his heavy shot still but either misses the net or shoots it into the goalies chest. I’m curious though what happens throughout the year now that he’s not the only shooting threat on the pp. in my opinion his biggest strength is his defence and penalty killing ability.
Yeah he puts everything into the shot and it's anyone's guess where it ends up after it leaves the stick. If he took a little off of it for better placement I feel like he'd have even more success.

He'd still have to rip one every once in a while for the fear factor but I feel like he could really switch up his approach and have more success later in his career

Reactions: Halakitlikethat

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Yeah, Tokarski helped the Chiefs win the cup and hauled a bunch of personal awards also; MVP and top goalie.

From a hockey fan watching from distance, to me, that’s one area the Oilers seem to really struggle with for such a long time. I think things will get better on defence, but don’t think Edmonton has much in the pipeline for between the pipes. I know there’s been some ok goalies in recent history like Dubynk, but I can’t recall anyone great since Ranford.
We have drafted a bunch but none are working out. Talbot was here for 16-18, but was traded after 2018. Our last legit goalie was Roloson back in 06

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I thought Allen looked a bit shaky despites the results. maybe that's from being spoiled from Price for so long. He's certainly better than Niemi, and the other bums we have cycled through, but I'm not sold on him yet. He's a New Brunswicker, so I have to root for the guy.

I can only image the stress and nerves he must have had. Knowing the Habs haven’t had a good backup in 10 years, haven’t had a game in months, EVERYONE saying how Allen is a great backup (despite not yet playing), and facing an angry Edmonton team.

I couldn’t watch his debut so I don’t know if he settled down during the game but hopefully with this game behind him, he’ll be a rock moving forward.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
On the ice.

Maybe watch the games? And not the scoresheet

L O L right.. now we have to trust YOUR failing eyesight because only what YOU see is the correct viewpoint over documented evidence lmao.
Listen you dont like Shea, we get it, but you really sound ridiculous with this shit man, like its BAD

I really cant believe you're making this fuss because you want to see more "one timer" goals instead of goals hes ACTUALLY scoring, i mean its pathetic bud

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
He'll need to produce. If he goes on his usual cold streaks then it'll be a lot less acceptable.
Hopefully not being scolded by his coach after mistakes will provide him the necessary confidence to make him consistent for the year.

Absolutely, Drouin is the master of his fate and needs to keep playing properly, overall and with enough confidence not to hesitate unnecessarily. Julien can play a part in that but, Drouin can also help Julien play a part in that.

ItzaGreat

How's your Mario impression?
Oct 22, 2017
World 2 - 3
L O L right.. now we have to trust YOUR failing eyesight because only what YOU see is the correct viewpoint over documented evidence lmao.
Listen you dont like Shea, we get it, but you really sound ridiculous with this shit man, like its BAD

I really cant believe you're making this fuss because you want to see more "one timer" goals instead of goals hes ACTUALLY scoring, i mean its pathetic bud
You're way too edgy for hockey kid. You should try politics or soccer.

I would say agree to disagree but you're so infuriated, grinding your teeth into a bloody pulp as you furiously type your pain away, that it would be lost.

Would have been fun to discuss but oh well

Have a nice life chubs!!

Reactions: Redux91

Gamimenos

Apr 28, 2009
On the ice.

Maybe watch the games? And not the scoresheet

One is dependent on the other. Unless you are arguing that one can play poorly and still put up good numbers. In which case I would request you show me this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad