Proposal: MTL - MIN

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Domi to Minnesota was discussed briefly in the Domi thread but I'd like to explore it a bit more.

Domi (25, RFA)

~for~

Greenway (23, RFA)
Firstov (19, NCAA)

Domi should be able to slide into the 2C spot for MIN. Greenway adds much needed size to the Habs forward group.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Switch Firstov to Donato or '21 2nd and I'd do it.

Legegendsofthenorth

Jun 6, 2018
Domi to Minnesota was discussed briefly in the Domi thread but I'd like to explore it a bit more.

Domi (25, RFA)

~for~

Greenway (23, RFA)
Firstov (19, NCAA)

Domi should be able to slide into the 2C spot for MIN. Greenway adds much needed size to the Habs forward group.

Domi for Greenway is a good base in my opinion but I am a MN fan. Minnesota clearly needs to add more value

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Probably good value for Domi, but I would have pretty much no interest in Domi

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
Why would the Habs give up a Center who scored 28 goals and 72 points last season for that package? Easy pass

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I’m a MN fan and have no interest in Domi, but purely on value MN obviously needs to add

I'm pretty low on Greenway, you can ask 2Pair, but if the idea is that he's a 35-40 point left wing with his size and puck protection skillset, I don't think he's that far removed from the 50 point left wing that Domi is. A 2nd rounder is probably about right, when you consider Domi is probably looking for a 6M contract, maybe more. Given that Firstov was a good 2nd round selection that progressed nicely in his D+1, the value is probably pretty close if Montreal were looking for a deal that could replace Domi now and also provide a nice future asset.

Looking at what a guy like Zucker got with 3 years left on his contract, a late 1st and Addison is pretty equivalent to Greenway+Firstov or 2nd. Kapanen got 15th oa and a bottom 6, grinder style left wing, and most agree that was a pretty severe overpayment. That's probably realistic to the type of return Domi would get in a package of futures deal.

In any case, I'd prefer to hang on to Firstov, as I really like his potential. Swap him for the '21 2nd, maybe you can add a '20 or '21 4th, call it a day.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
We dont want freaking greenway

What do you want then? Every Domi thread I've seen is full of Canadiens fans saying they need wingers and if Domi was a winger you'd just keep him, but he wants to play center (but isn't good enough to).

Legegendsofthenorth

Jun 6, 2018
I think it's just like anything. Some MN fans want Domi, some don't.

Some want Greenway, some don't

Can't blanket it with only a few comments IMO

Legegendsofthenorth

Jun 6, 2018
It's also hard with picks as we get closer to the draft because the closer you get the more premium people see them as.

A 17th overall pick should have the same value in June as it does in February but it doesn't.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
What do you want then? Every Domi thread I've seen is full of Canadiens fans saying they need wingers and if Domi was a winger you'd just keep him, but he wants to play center (but isn't good enough to).
Dumba or nothing

Legegendsofthenorth

Jun 6, 2018
Worse of all?! Wow, that's saying a lot.

I'm a Habs fan, I'm interested in Greenway. What would you add to Greenway to make it fair?

It's an overreaction most like because the person doesn't want Greenway. I would say it's a good trade proposal value wise. Maybe a little more from MN. But cap will be helped too on Montreals side.

Don't worry about the overreactions on here.

I have been lambasted plenty of times

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad