Confirmed Signing with Link: [MTL] Mike Hoffman signs with the Canadiens (3 years, $4.5M AAV)

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
I think Habs need to keep Jonathan Drouin. We need his passing ability with player like Caufield and Hoffman.
i respect your point of view and i hope your right but i'd like to see the young man get a fresh start.in a place like arizona with less scrutiny away from the montreal media. he could enjoy life

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
i respect your point of view and i hope your right but i'd like to see the young man get a fresh start.in a place like arizona with less scrutiny away from the montreal media. he could enjoy life

Apparently he wants to come back to Montreal though, sounds like he wants to prove himself here.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
MTL loves character in their player!!!

Man this was my first thought as well.

Bergervin is known as a huge prankster but seriously his last week has been a groundhog day or April 1st over and over.

As a kid I hated the Habs, as a mature adult I actually feel sorry for Habs fans...well not really.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012

Bergervin is known as a huge prankster but seriously his last week has been a groundhog day or April 1st over and over.

As a kid I hated the Habs, as a mature adult I actually feel sorry for Habs fans...well not really.
shouldn't feel sorry for us .?the past 3-4 months have been awesome. beating the leafs , sweeping the jets, taking out vegas. drafting a stud dman . signing a power play sniper. will be ok

abo9

Jun 25, 2017

If I recall correctly MB put a huge sign "no excuse" in the room and was going crazy about "character players" so much during one season that it became a meme.

And during the Summer after that season he acquired Drouin, let go of Markov and Radulov

His definition of character and the fan's definition had always been at odds

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
I'm not exactly a fan of Hoffman but hard to complain at that price. What an exciting player to watch, should help our PP immensely.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
yes arizona got draft picks for taking him . now with a little retention arizona could get another pick and prospect ( one that bergevin knows isn't gonna make it ) say a third and a c prospect

lmao Philly paid a second and third to get rid of the contract. Why would Bergevin pay draft picks to acquire him even with retention? The guy is cooked

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
lmao Philly paid a second and third to get rid of the contract. Why would Bergevin pay draft picks to acquire him even with retention? The guy is cooked
yes just turned 28 years old in april and in 2017-18 had over 50 assists and 65 points . was one of phillys better defenseman last year . as a left shot power play quarterback we could do a lot worse .( 28 and cooked) lmao

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Sam of Montreal

May 5, 2007

We just got a finals appearance. So we feel fine. What team do you cheer for so that you can think it's a pitiful time to be Habs fan?

Seems to me like you were just trying to spit your venom without any reasoning to back it up.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
We just got a finals appearance. So we feel fine. What team do you cheer for so that you can think it's a pitiful time to be Habs fan?

Seems to me like you were just trying to spit your venom without any reasoning to back it up.

I cheer for the Canucks but more of an overall fan of the game and honestly everyone is puzzled by a couple of moves the Habs recently made and most everyone wasn't prepared for it, including the Habs.

The thing is that the Habs reached up for a guy that everyone knew would explode in todays world, after he asked teams not to draft him this year and then the Hoffman and EK breakdown in Ottawa a couple of years ago is just the kind of stuff that will creep out again when Hoffman has a slow stretch or the Habs Cinderella run drops back down to reality.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
yes just turned 28 years old in april and in 2017-18 had over 50 assists and 65 points . was one of phillys better defenseman last year . as a left shot power play quarterback we could do a lot worse .( 28 and cooked) lmao

If so why did they paid a quite high price to get him off the books? Also, in 2018-2019 Gustafsson put up nearly 65 points with Chicago. How did you liked him in the playoff?

Reactions: rodney dangerfield

Sam of Montreal

May 5, 2007
I cheer for the Canucks but more of an overall fan of the game and honestly everyone is puzzled by a couple of moves the Habs recently made and most everyone wasn't prepared for it, including the Habs.

The thing is that the Habs reached up for a guy that everyone knew would explode in todays world, after he asked teams not to draft him this year and then the Hoffman and EK breakdown in Ottawa a couple of years ago is just the kind of stuff that will creep out again when Hoffman has a slow stretch or the Habs Cinderella run drops back down to reality.

Oh. You cheer for the Canucks.

Lol.

Carry on feeling pity for us.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
If so why did they paid a quite high price to get him off the books? Also, in 2018-2019 Gustafsson put up nearly 65 points with Chicago. How did you liked him in the playoff?
because of his 4.5 million dollar cap hit . i did mention with retention. ghost is different from gust because he is not nearly as erratic in his own end and he can shoot the puck much better

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
maybe klingberg in free agency next year or if dallas feels they can't resign him but he's not gonna come cheap . he's not left handed but he would sure finish off our d nicely this year .

edmundson- petry
chariot - klingberg
romanov-savard

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad