Confirmed Signing with Link: [MTL] Mike Hoffman signs with the Canadiens (3 years, $4.5M AAV)

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
Yeh we were warned about Barrie last year. Then he fit like a glove exactly as Oilers fans thought he would. Lead the League in scoring too. And wasn’t half as bad defensively as we were told he’d be.

Dunno much about Ceci, but I am worried. Not ideal for us, we didn’t want to lose Larsson so had to scramble.

Still though, McDrai means we make the playoffs regardless.
For someone that's a fan of the oilers what the f*** have the oilers done in the playoffs? We can at least say we made it to the finals while you guys have basically f***ed up the best players career that comes once a generation I actually feel bad for mcdavid. I usually don't go off on posters but ppl like you just say the stupidest shit.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
For someone that's a fan of the oilers what the f*** have the oilers done in the playoffs? We can at least say we made it to the finals while you guys have basically f***ed up the best players career that comes once a generation I actually feel bad for mcdavid. I usually don't go off on posters but ppl like you just say the stupidest shit.
Yeh Oilers made the finals once upon a time too. It was 06, and it was a miracle run like the Habs. Either way, the Oilers were still a bad team and betting on a repeat was a bad bet. Betting on a Habs repeat is of course a bad bet. And I’m not saying this to troll you or the fanbase, I like the Habs, it’s just the reality of it.

Basically f***ed up McDs career? He’s winning Art Rosses, Harts, as he should be. He’s made the playoffs 3 out of 6 years with steady improvements to the team in the last 2 years. Oilers will always be behind the 8-ball against bigger markets and more attractive destinations. It’s not anyone’s fault but it’s the reality of the situation. And the Oilers still have provided McD a legit superstar wing man in Drai and a legit number 1 in Nurse. We’re on the right track.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Yeh Oilers made the finals once upon a time too. It was 06, and it was a miracle run like the Habs. Either way, the Oilers were still a bad team and betting on a repeat was a bad bet. Betting on a Habs repeat is of course a bad bet. And I’m not saying this to troll you or the fanbase, I like the Habs, it’s just the reality of it.

Basically f***ed up McDs career? He’s winning Art Rosses, Harts, as he should be. He’s made the playoffs 3 out of 6 years with steady improvements to the team in the last 2 years. Oilers will always be behind the 8-ball against bigger markets and more attractive destinations. It’s not anyone’s fault but it’s the reality of the situation. And the Oilers still have provided McD a legit superstar wing man in Drai and a legit number 1 in Nurse. We’re on the right track.
Dude I thought you were a Bruins fan. Damnnnn yo, the Oilers are down bad. Like real real bad.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Down in comparison to last year? How so?
You said the same thing last year. You know why. Who’s your starting goalie again? Is it still Smitty? That dude is trash, pardon the pet name. I have love for him only because he looks like a helpless dog in the playoffs. Shit makes me sad.

Reactions: xxsciroccoxx

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
You said the same thing last year. You know why. Who’s your starting goalie again? Is it still Smitty? That dude is trash, pardon the pet name. I have love for him only because he looks like a helpless dog in the playoffs. Shit makes me sad.
I said that last year? No. Yeh it’s Smitty. People told us he was trash last year and too old, Oilers fans said it too. And .923 save percentage later we still hear it. I would say it’s a risky bet tho, but goalies are voodoo and you never know even with younger goalies. Just look at Price, the elite of the elite of all goaltenders, yet there are many many years where you can say without a doubt he did not live up to the expectations of that contract.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012

no son with holland at the reigns you are not on the right track

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Montreal could be a scary team to play against defensively especially with a scorer like Hoffman added to the mix.

Im not sure how Montreal’s lineup is going to be put together but I could them the Canadiens adding another center for depth, maybe resigning Eric Staal.

Reactions: Lolonegoal

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Down in comparison to last year? How so?
Dude I thought you were a Bruins fan. Damnnnn yo, the Oilers are down bad. Like real real bad.

Yeah I thought he was a fan of a good team with the way he bashes the Habs. Makes me sad seeing oiler fans acting like fools, I really want the oilers to do well for the sake of the city, I've got no interest in flinging shit with oilers fans.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Montreal could be a scary team to play against defensively especially with a scorer like Hoffman added to the mix.

Im not sure how Montreal’s lineup is going to be put together but I could them the Canadiens adding another center for depth, maybe resigning Eric Staal.

Staal's done. There's not enough left in his game to make up for the lack of foot speed.

Reactions: BLONG7

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal

Evan's ready and we'll try Poehling

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
No to Staal. No. Never again. No.
Staal's done. There's not enough left in his game to make up for the lack of foot speed.
Evan's ready and we'll try Poehling
So would this be an accurate portrayal of the Habs lineups for the start of the 2021-22 season.

Line 1 LW Toffoli C Suzuki RW Caufield
Line 2 LW Hoffman C Kotkaniemi RW Gallagher
Line 3 LW Drouin C Evans RW Anderson
Line 4 LW Lehkonen C Perreault RW Armia

1st Pair LD Edmundson RD Petry
2nd Pair LD Chairot RD Savard
3rd Pair LD Romanov RD Wideman

Goalies:
Starter: Price
Backup: Allen

Scratches:
C Paquette
LD Kulak
LW Byron + Hip Surgery LTIR for aboot 5-6 months
RD Weber + Ankle, Foot, Knee & Thumb LTIRetired

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016

Difference is the habs have a great young core to build off from. It's only the start esp if we land eichel

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015

I would be tempted to try Savard + Romanov and Chiarot +Wideman and equalize the icetime somewhat between 2nd and 3rd pair.

Romanov and Wideman being the more offensive D with a dependable defensive D.

I kinda like the Wideman move. He's a mature D by now, that played the nhl and was very good in the khl. Cheap bet and if well paired he may be doing better than a lot expect. I dunno, feels like Chiarot would work better than Romanov/ Wideman

I like the lines up front! Could be much worse...

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
I would be tempted to try Savard + Romanov and Chiarot +Wideman and equalize the icetime somewhat between 2nd and 3rd pair.

Romanov and Wideman being the more offensive D with a dependable defensive D.

I kinda like the Wideman move. He's a mature D by now, that played the nhl and was very good in the khl. Cheap bet and if well paired he may be doing better than a lot expect. I dunno, feels like Chiarot would work better than Romanov/ Wideman

I like the lines up front! Could be much worse...
I'd think Kulak plays ahead of Wideman.

Reactions: CDN24 and Captain97

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
I'd think Kulak plays ahead of Wideman.
Yes and I hope Norlinder ends up ahead of both. Habs have lots of bodies even with Byron on IR- hope guys like Poehling/Ylonen and Norlinder fight for/earn a spot

Lolonegoal

Jan 25, 2012
So would this be an accurate portrayal of the Habs lineups for the start of the 2021-22 season.

Goalies:

Scratches:
C Paquette
LD Kulak
That actually looks like a really solid line-up. The only concern is centre depth, but that could all be resolved if Kotkaneimi improves. They also have Ryan Poehling as a pretty solid centre prospect that may be NHL ready.

Reactions: Maurice of Orange

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal

Goalies:

Scratches:
C Paquette
LD Kulak

yea, Byron probably deserves a spot on the roster, dunno what's gonna happen with Drouin tbh

only thing that's off is Wideman, i doubt he'll be a roster player, imo MB is gonna trade for a top 4 dman (especially with all the cap space we have left)

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham

What does McDavid winning voting trophies has anything to do with anything? We're talking about the Oilers wasting his talent away because they never do shit.

I mean if you want to talk trash, you better have the weapons to back it up, son.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
What does McDavid winning voting trophies has anything to do with anything? We're talking about the Oilers wasting his talent away because they never do shit.

I mean if you want to talk trash, you better have the weapons to back it up, son.
Oilers have obviously provided an environment where McDavid can play to his potential, that's what the Awards show. If your line in the sand is Cup or Bust then 30 (soon to be 31) teams "don't do shit" every year.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016

Goalies:

Scratches:
C Paquette
LD Kulak
Blasphemy. Eichel isn't sitting in the pressbox

Reactions: Dutronc

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Oilers have obviously provided an environment where McDavid can play to his potential, that's what the Awards show. If your line in the sand is Cup or Bust then 30 (soon to be 31) teams "don't do shit" every year.

There's a difference between "cup or bust" and being critical that the team with best player in the world has only made the actual playoffs AND won at least one game once in his six year career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->