Confirmed with Link: [MTL/LA] Drewiske to MTL for 5th round pick '13

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I don't think he played the Flyers winning goal very well, but I guess he was fine other than that. He's a #6/7 D.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
483523_362372613879333_505363880_n.jpg

That's what a winner looks like right there.

That's Scuderi. Drewiske is behind Sutter on the left.

Drewiske is hidden in plain sight. Drewiske is so unknown, you would expect him to be where Scuderi is in that picture.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Thought he played well other than getting undressed. Hard to blame him though, Boo was atrocious last night.

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
He didn't play in the playoffs so I don't see why he is considered to be a Stanley Cup winner. He did hardly anything in the regular season either.

The LA Kings seem to disagree, since they petitioned to have his name on the cup. So I'll take their very valid and relevant opinion over yours.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
He looked good in the first period and struggled like the rest of the team in the second and third period. Hard to expect much after just being traded and only one practice with the team but he looks like he'll be a solid 6th/7th guy.

WakeUpNHL

Mar 9, 2011
Montreal
Contrary to popular opinion, I thought Drewiske played well tonight. I feel Bouillon was more at fault for the goal against. Drewiske had a good breakout pass, and played a solid shutdown role for the most part. Nothing flashy, but nothing that hurts your team. Exactly what you want on your third pairing.

Exactly this.
Of course, listening to the Antichambre clowns you would believe that he was the worst dman ever and that Beaulieu was better defensively. :shakehead

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
So how has Drewskie played for us so far? Any thoughts? I'd love to hear if he is indeed a larger version of Gorges!

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
I like his game, quiet and steady.

Do you you think he has improved our D-core, or is just improving our depth? I wonder if one or two of the kids will be called up for the playoffs (I seem to remember that we can have more players on the roster when the playoffs start), and that Drewskie will be the 7th D, or whether he will be a solid 5-6 for us.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Do you you think he has improved our D-core, or is just improving our depth? I wonder if one or two of the kids will be called up for the playoffs (I seem to remember that we can have more players on the roster when the playoffs start), and that Drewskie will be the 7th D, or whether he will be a solid 5-6 for us.

I'd give Drewiske 18-21min/game...this way the others (top 3) can get less ice-time (rest up a bit for playoffs).

And...it'll give us a chance to really see what Davis can do with us.
But of course...Therrien will know how much ice-time to give Davis.

I don't want to see Subban, Gorges, Markov get 24min-30min games...save that for the playoffs. Keep them at 18-21min or below until playoffs.

I'm pretty sure Subban and Gorges will get 24min+ in the playoffs. Markov...keep him at 21min (he shouldn't get 24min+ anymore imo due to very slow skating and being caught while pinching). Give him all the PP he can handle and keep him at a minimum for 5 on 5, imo.

Last edited:

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
He's a solid 5-6. He's more steady than Bouillon, so far, in my opinion (and I think Boo has had a decent season). I definitely wouldn't mind resigning him if we hadn't already signed Bouillon. Drewiske would have been the perfect #7 for years.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

He is definitely better than Beaulieu and Tinordi right now. Those guys need more seasoning and the playoffs is not the time for it. I think Tinordi will probably break camp with the team in the #5-7 slot. Beaulieu needs at least another half year AHL if not a full year.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Drewiske was -1, but...it looked like he had his man tied up on that lone goal.

So...who was the other dman that let the opposition skate freely towards Budaj? (nothing Budaj could do).

If it's Bouillon...I'll give him a free pass since I'm a huge Bouillon fan:sarcasm:;).

Go Drewiske Go!!

Top Corner2

Feb 15, 2003
Visit site
got lost on the 1st goal. Needs to learn to play our style a bit better.

I have been pleasantly surprised with his 1st pass. He get's the puck out of the zone well. Nice addition.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009

I have been pleasantly surprised with his 1st pass. He get's the puck out of the zone well. Nice addition.

Actually he didn't get lost on that Jets goal, he had to drop down to the net because that's where his man was and if you remember, he was pointing at the goal scorer and no doubt yelling for someone to cover that guy because he saw the dude was open and getting into position, but again, he had to drop down low to cover his man, it was the fault of our forwards not picking the guy up.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Actually he didn't get lost on that Jets goal, he had to drop down to the net because that's where his man was and if you remember, he was pointing at the goal scorer and no doubt yelling for someone to cover that guy because he saw the dude was open and getting into position, but again, he had to drop down low to cover his man, it was the fault of our forwards not picking the guy up.

Yeah the Jets goal looked like all the forwards got mezmerised by the puck and didn't cover the center on the backside.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Mean? Really?

13 hits in 20 games isn't exactly what I'd call mean.

If we're giving up a 5th, why not give up a 3rd or a 2nd instead for a better player?

The amount of hits per game,is no way to judge the physicality of a player.It may tell you something about the player's smarts though.Lots of players go out of their way to make a hit,meantime the other team scores.This is a letdown for his team,instead of an uplift,the total opposite effect hits are meant to create.
When LA Kings traded for Robin Regehr,considered to be one of the best shutdown defencemen in hockey,it left them with a glut of defencemen.Davis Drewiske was the odd man left out for LA,not a bad thing being mentioned for the job he did as a shutdown defenceman before Regehr became King.So to answer your question, Bergevin knew it was merely time until Regehr was traded.He was Johnny on the spot to bargain for Drewiske the shutdown defenceman he's been looking for since Diaz was injured.It's a sign of a very astute GM to acquire a defenceman of Drewiske's abilities on the 2nd to last day of trading and for a 5th round draft pick for a defenceman that would demand the price of a 2nd or 3rd round pick any other time of year.Just ask any LA Kings fan their opinion about Drewiske's talents and worth.:nod:

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008

No. The puck carrier is down low and he is alone. He saw Burmistrov and asked the forwards to cover him. The lone Jets' goal was not his fault.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad