Confirmed with Link: [MTL/LA] Drewiske to MTL for 5th round pick '13

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
Great to hear all the praise from the Kings fans about this guy. And also, Kings fans seem like good people.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Nothing like Hab fans thinking we got the next Shea Weber.

HABitual

Mar 1, 2002
Kirkland Lake, Ontar
Visit site
483523_362372613879333_505363880_n.jpg

That's what a winner looks like right there.

He didn't play in the playoffs so I don't see why he is considered to be a Stanley Cup winner. He did hardly anything in the regular season either.

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
I know people usually say the devil you know is better than the devil you don't, but at this point I'd rather take a chance on the new guy. I've seen O'Byrne already and really wasn't interested into bringing him back, specially for a better pick. Plus I would think that the 7th D on a championship team is better than the bottom pairing D on a crappy team.

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
Arpon Basu ‏@ArponBasu 2m
Bergevin said #Habs have been watching Drewiske for a while and that once Regehr went to Kings he became expendable "so we jumped on him."

BubbleGumPlant

Jul 2, 2012
Got shat on on a/c for tonight's game against Philly but I thought he had a decent game minus one play. He had good gap control, and broke out the puck really well with a good first pass. He shows that he can win 1 on 1 battles. He is a little slow but his positioning is pretty good. He is able to do what no other Habs is able to do which is clear the front of the net. He's not a hitter (we knew that) but uses his size effectively.

I think he will get better within a few more games because he hasn't played too much so far and he does need to learn MT's system before he can be fully effective.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Would you prefer O'byrne for a 4th or Drewiske for a 5th?

I have to be honest and say that I never really focused on Drewiske prior to today. And since one game doesn't make a career, we can't judge him today. Yet, he was rather ordinairy to say the least. So the "obvious" reaction would have to go with O'Byrne.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Contrary to popular opinion, I thought Drewiske played well tonight. I feel Bouillon was more at fault for the goal against. Drewiske had a good breakout pass, and played a solid shutdown role for the most part. Nothing flashy, but nothing that hurts your team. Exactly what you want on your third pairing.

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal
Contrary to popular opinion, I thought Drewiske played well tonight. I feel Bouillon was more at fault for the goal against. Drewiske had a good breakout pass, and played a solid shutdown role for the most part. Nothing flashy, but nothing that hurts your team. Exactly what you want on your third pairing.
There was some good and some bad.
We need to see him in another game.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC

I Second this. He was very solid.

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004

Agree 100%

KingsCorona

Dec 18, 2009
Oh come on, we got Drewiske for god sakes we shouldn't believe at all that he is any better than the guys I named.

He only played 126 games because he was on the Kings.
Have you taken a look at our defensive depth lately?

Oh, and since you named Westgarth I'd like to point out that the Kings used to have both Drewisky and Westgarth on the same roster.
I will tell you straight up that Drewisky is better, and it isn't even kind of close. Westgarth was like a wasted roster spot, a 5-minute fighting penalty on skates. Any Kings fan would rather have #44 on the ice all day, every day, and twice on Sundays. The only reason Westgarth got ice time was because our old coach Terry Murray was a fan of slow, conservative, boring hockey and liked to dress at least one thug.

Last edited:

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
I don't think we have a 4th either

Thanks.

So...we have for (2013 Draft):

1st
2nd
2nd
2nd
3rd
3rd
6th?
7th? (does it even go that far anymore?!).

Love our first 6 picks!! (and maybe Timmins finds another Gallagher in the 6th!!)

p.s: go Drewiske go!! (slowly become another Gorges!).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad