Confirmed Buy-Out [MTL] Karl Alzner

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
I said this would happen a few hours after this contract was first signed. Didn't think there would still be so much left on it though and I thought injuries would play a bigger factor.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Plenty people and with reason, to laugh at the Alzner or JJ signings knowing they would be bad and could lead to buyouts or negative value trades.

But hey, at least they weren't so bad they aren't buyoutable like say a Brent Seabrook.

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
Due to the huge cap hit this season, I don't see the reason to buy him out this year. If they buy him out before next season the cap hits would be 2.3mil and 1.2 mil. Just makes no sense to buy him out this season.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Cheaper to bury him in the minors another year. What am I missing here, apart from the 1.6m in savings?

Bergevin tends to occasionally make some moves that benefit the player more than the actual team. The rumour was that the Kovalchuk to Washington trade was more that Kovalchuk wanted to go to Washington and less that it was the best offer on the table.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Due to the huge cap hit this season, I don't see the reason to buy him out this year. If they buy him out before next season the cap hits would be 2.3mil and 1.2 mil. Just makes no sense to buy him out this season.

Maybe they're not planning on being a cap team this season? Besides the cap difference between buying him out and burying him is only like $300k.

Last edited:
Reactions: CDN24

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad