Confirmed Signing with Link: [MTL] Karl Alzner (5 Years, $4.6M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakomyte

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
I really don't think Alzner is what the Habs needed.

That being said, the contract could have been much worse both in $$$ and term.

I just hope this is the option to play with Petry on the 2nd pair and we are still brining back Markov to play with Weber. If Alzner is Markov's replacement, then its a bigger issue.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Term seems a little long. That's the deal I expected for him though. Hopefully it works out for the Habs.

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...
I really don't think Alzner is what the Habs needed.

That being said, the contract could have been much worse both in $$$ and term.

I just hope this is the option to play with Petry on the 2nd pair and we are still brining back Markov to play with Weber. If Alzner is Markov's replacement, then its a bigger issue.

This is what scares me.

mashedpotato

full stack.
Jan 10, 2012
It's official, Habs have the slowest backend in hockey. This includes my beerleague team which just beats them by a hair.

The direction of your GM has basically ruined your future for horrible slow players.

Feels bad man.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Phew!

He fit the bill for everything we needed except skill. I was worried Chevy was going to panic and throw a bunch of cash at him.

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
I'll ask for the 3rd time over the past week or so: does Bergevin even know what he's doing?

Jul 6, 2016
It's official, Habs have the slowest backend in hockey. This includes my beerleague team which just beats them by a hair.

The direction of your GM has basically ruined your future for horrible slow players.

Feels bad man.

Davidson, Schlemko, Petry are not slow.

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
To people saying not bad on the dollars side...

How much more could a 20 points D ask really? 6 millions? Lmao

Kenny Powders

Apr 6, 2005
Laval
If you make fun of Beaulieu being benched in the playoffs, so was western-Canadian-rugged-warrior-all-the-memes-media-folk-say-you-need-in-the-playoffs Alzner.

Beaulieu was a better player last year. Much, much better.
Beaulieu is terrible defensively. Terrible shot, No IQ. come on. he's a #5 at best in this league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad